Year End Archive

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Close out prior year(s).

Comments

• DSPetersen
    DSPetersen Member ✭✭

I have Quicken Home, Business and Rental Property and I can't find any way to close out prior years as there used to be. My database has become slow and cumbersome due to 40 years of data. What can be done?

• DSPetersen
    DSPetersen Member ✭✭
    P.S. I can't find a way in my version to do a prior year close out.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

You are posting in a Quicken Mac category when you should be posting in a Quicken Windows category. I have flagged your comment to the Moderators and they should move it to a new category where you will get the proper response.

And my comment above still holds, people that believe using Quicken Windows' year end copy will speed up Quicken are mistaken, it will not.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Hello @DSPetersen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To do a prior year close out (also known as year end archive), go to File>Copy or Backup File. Select Create a year-end archive. Click on the Next button. Select the appropriate choices on the next screen that comes up and, when everything is the way you want, click Save Archive.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DoubleEagle
    DoubleEagle Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Kristina said:
    > Hello @DSPetersen,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To do a prior year close out (also known as year end archive), go to File>Copy or Backup File. Select Create a year-end archive. Click on the Next button. Select the appropriate choices on the next screen that comes up and, when everything is the way you want, click Save Archive.
    >
    > Thank you.

These are the correct steps, but the result may not be as expected as pointed out by some other posters.
This discussion has been closed.