AmEx - Reauthorize Failure

Options

Comments

• EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

This morning, 4/4/23, when attempting to update my accounts, Quicken displays a message that American Express needs to reauthorize. I go through the process and get a success message from the American Express website. However, when I try updating again, I get the same failure message about reauthorizing.

• rbatts
    rbatts Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Same problem here

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

And for me.

• larryriley2
    larryriley2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It keeps saying I need to reauthorize. I have done this several times. It says it is successful yet it keeps saying to do it again. I need this fixed. Please help
  • larryriley2
    larryriley2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can I get some help?
  • ncmahler
    ncmahler Member
    Options

same problem here, please fix this

• Dan18
    Dan18 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same for me
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ron Clevenger
    Ron Clevenger Member ✭✭
    Options
    It has recurred. After successfully authorizing AMEX to download transactions to Quicken, it requires me to authorize yet again.

And, to make matters worse, the authorization fails.

This gets resolved, and then crops up again. AMEX points blame to Quicken and Quicken points blame to AMEX.
  • EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Appears to be working again for me, after online account setup process.

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to reauthorize, but then Quicken seems to have applied a beginning balance 10 years ago which screwed up the entire balance history. Why is Quicken changing the balance?
  • LeonardoZ
    LeonardoZ Member
    Options

As oif today, each time i go through the reauthorization process, Amex says it is done and return to Quicken, but when I do so Quicken just keeps processing and eventually times out. When I try to munually download transactions into Quicken from Amex, they do not appear. I have already called the help line but they had no solution and just told me that Quicken is aware of the problem and to keep watching this support community. But there are no updates here since April 4????

• Vlodek Gabara
    Vlodek Gabara Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is April 28 and still no correction and explanation. Where is Quicken?
This discussion has been closed.