changing the category in multiple split transactions

Jeff107
Jeff107 Member ✭✭
I tried to use the find replace to change the category for one payee. Got an error that I can't change the category as part of split transaction. Is there a workaround for going into the 130+ transactions and manually changing the category

Thanks
JK

Comments

• Hello @Jeff107,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify, is this the error message you are seeing?

I notice that when doing a Find/Replace, it tends to list the top level split transaction, then right under it, lists the portion of the split that is relevant to the search. The trick to avoiding the error message above is to select the relevant portion of the split rather than the main transaction.

If you are getting a different error, then including a screenshot may help us to see what is happening. Please make sure to obscure or blur out any personal information in the screenshot. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.