Quicken 2007 Mac

Options
E Hartzke
E Hartzke Member
edited May 2023 in Reports (Mac)

Had feature to do Quick Report on selected category, memo, payee etc. It went inside splits. Not even close in the newest version.

Also had a feature to find a keyword in a selected account on memo which then let you advance forward or backward AND the keyword was highlighted when it was found. Not even close in the newest version.

I still go back to an older Mac to use Quicken 2007 even though those records have been imported into the current version. Just because it's newer, doesn't make it better.

Have been using "new" Quicken for years, still not a happy camper.

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Had feature to do Quick Report on selected category, memo, payee etc. It went inside splits. Not even close in the newest version.

It's true that there is no single Quick Report like Quicken 2007. But you can do most of these things pretty easily.

If you're looking at a transaction and want to do a quick report on the category or payee, Control-click on the transaction an select Report on… for such a quick report. If you're not looking at a transaction with the field you want to report on, you can create a transaction report on a specific category or payee in a few clicks. (Yes, it's a couple more clicks than a Quicken 2007 Quick Report, but not too bad.) But for many payee or category quick reporting needs, a Search in modern Quicken Mac does the trick, and it's faster.

Now searching/reporting on memo text is another matter — a big shortcoming in the current program. There is no way to use memo text as a report criterion, so the only option is Search. And while Search for memo text works, the results register shows full transactions, not just the split lines which match the memo text. You can print the Search results screen, but the report will include all splits from matched transactions rather than just the matching split lines. So for those of use who use memos for a lot of information, this is a weak spot in Quicken Mac until the developers address this.

Also had a feature to find a keyword in a selected account on memo which then let you advance forward or backward AND the keyword was highlighted when it was found. Not even close in the newest version.

Yes, but there were also downsides to the Find feature in Quicken 2007 which I hated, like needing to go backwards or it would go back to the beginning of time. The Quicken 2007 Find needed to highlight the keyword because it could only jump from one transaction to the next; I much prefer the current program's Search results screen, which shows all the matching transactions in one screen, without scolling and jumping. And it's easy to search within a single account, group of accounts, or all accounts with a single click on the left sidebar.

I'm not disagreeing that there are some features I miss from Quicken 2007, but there are also features I like much better in modern Quicken Mac. We all use Quicken differently, so we may have different viewpoints based on the features we frequently use. Please do add your votes for the Idea threads linked above to help influence the developers' priorities.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.