Quicken stopped importing Amazon Store Card (Synchrony Bank) transactions

I can no longer manually import downloaded transactions (.qfx file) into Quicken from my Amazon Store card account (Synchrony Bank).

For the last 1.5 years or so, since Synchrony stopped allowing downloads from within Quicken, I have been downloading transaction and importing via the .qfx downloaded file. However, last week Quicken stopped importing these. I get the pop-up asking me if I want to activate One Step Update (which I don't because it does not work) or the other option is "No....," which means I have to close the pop-up window without importing the transactions.

What happened and how do I fix this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @robkunz1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this particular issue with nothing happening after you answer no to activating One Step Update recent, or has it been doing this for a long time?

If the issue started recently, then you'd want to start by checking to make sure there are new transactions for Quicken to pull in from the .qfx document. You would also want to check the file size of the .qfx file to make sure it is larger than 0 (if the file size is 0, that would indicate the financial institution is giving you a bad file).

Once you have verified there is new information to pull in and that the file is larger than 0, backup your Quicken file and deactivate the account that is failing to pull the information in. Once you have done that, try importing the file again by going to File>File Import>Web Connect (.QFX) File…. You should get a prompt asking if you want to add as a new account or link to an existing account. Try linking to the correct account first.

If it still refuses to pull the transactions in, then deactivate that account again, import the file, and select to add as a new account. Check to see if its able to import those transactions into the new account. If it can, then you should be able to cut/paste those transactions into the correct account and delete the new account it created. If it cannot, or if this is a recurring issue where you're constantly having to add as new, then cut/paste to the correct account, please let me know so we can troubleshoot further.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Clicking on "No" closes the pop-up or are you manually closing the pop-up?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• robkunz1
    robkunz1 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    The choices are Yes, activate one step update, or No, do not activate one step update. I want to go to my financial institution every time I want to update my account data. Yes is the default and the Activate button appears at the bottom of the pop-up window. Clicking on No changes the Activate button to Close. The only other button is Cancel. Clicking on Close just closes the pop-up window. Nothing else happens.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @robkunz1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this particular issue with nothing happening after you answer no to activating One Step Update recent, or has it been doing this for a long time?

If the issue started recently, then you'd want to start by checking to make sure there are new transactions for Quicken to pull in from the .qfx document. You would also want to check the file size of the .qfx file to make sure it is larger than 0 (if the file size is 0, that would indicate the financial institution is giving you a bad file).

Once you have verified there is new information to pull in and that the file is larger than 0, backup your Quicken file and deactivate the account that is failing to pull the information in. Once you have done that, try importing the file again by going to File>File Import>Web Connect (.QFX) File…. You should get a prompt asking if you want to add as a new account or link to an existing account. Try linking to the correct account first.

If it still refuses to pull the transactions in, then deactivate that account again, import the file, and select to add as a new account. Check to see if its able to import those transactions into the new account. If it can, then you should be able to cut/paste those transactions into the correct account and delete the new account it created. If it cannot, or if this is a recurring issue where you're constantly having to add as new, then cut/paste to the correct account, please let me know so we can troubleshoot further.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.