Register row style won't change back to shaded

jmeander312
jmeander312 Member ✭✭
I changed the global register preference from shaded to outline and now it will not go back to shaded. Restarted Quicken, resized window, minimized, maximized, changed other global preferences - no matter what I do, the Quicken UI won't recognize that I'm selecting Shaded from the Selected row style flyout menu. All other global preferences respond normally.

Quicken Premier R49.22 for Win

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.

(CTP-6672)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Hello @jmeander312,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did you first notice this?  Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• jmeander312
    jmeander312 Member ✭✭
    Hi Kristina,

Nothing happened. No power surge, it's stored locally on my hard drive (I'm not on a network with a shared storage space) and not synced to any cloud service.

I have restarted the computer and validated the Quicken file and still no change when I click the radio button to change back to shaded. Quicken appears to acknowledge my click as it closes the pop-up but it does not actually change the selection. I also tried using keyboard navigation.
  • RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭

For the record, I am also experiencing the same issue. 20+ year Quicken user.

• Quicken Kristina
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.

(CTP-6672)

Quicken Kristina

• jmeander312
    jmeander312 Member ✭✭
    Thanks. Just a note to say I updated to R49.49 this morning and the problem persists.
  • Mike3rd
    Mike3rd Member

I am having the same problem. Running Windows 11 and Quicken R49.29.

• crazywoman
    crazywoman Member

I am a returning user after many years. I am having the same problem. I honestly don't remember ever changing any default, and I have never been able to change it from outlined. The outline is not thick enough for me to make the transaction stand out well.

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @crazywoman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. A possible alternative would be going to Edit>Preferences>Register, then clicking the Colors button.

You can assign colors based on account purpose.

Then, instead of every line being white, you will have alternating stripes.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    No, this setting affects the register entries, not the highlighted transaction.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to clarify. This discussion is about the new register setting highlighted below.

Once set to "Outlined" it cannot be set back to "Shaded", the original row style for the selected transaction.

IMHO, this is a bug and needs to be reported to the programmers, to be fixed ASAP.

• Scott Jaeger
    Scott Jaeger Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. Getting frustrated!
  • jaytsimmons
    jaytsimmons Unconfirmed, Member

I now have this same problem and it is very frustrating. I inadvertently changed it to outline and it won't let me change it back. The outline selection is quite annoying as the color fill extends beyond the column boundaries. I can't even upload a screenshot for you to see.

• BW86
    BW86 Member

Is this fixed yet? I just accidentally selected Selected Row Style as a button in the register action bar, clicked it. It appeared to do nothing, but it has toggled the selected row style to 'Outlined', and now trying to select 'Shaded' again does nothing. This is extremely annoying as the new 'Outlined' style is VERY difficult to read, having some fields as white text in a block of color.

Please, please fix this asap.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

This is still broken. If a recent change, restore your last backup file.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• kepi1861
    kepi1861 Member

The problem still exists

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as I can determine, the update to patch release R 50.5 has resolved the register row style issue.
    I was able to change back to "Shaded" from "Outlined" and the setting was saved across Quicken sessions.

The patch should be available to everyone.
    Back up your Quicken data file first then check Help / Check for Updates or download
    and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed. This issue is resolved with a simple update to R50.5. I did not have to install the mondo patch.
This discussion has been closed.