Quicken Unable to Connect to AT&T?

Quicken has not been able to connect to AT&T since early January to update bills and payments. Unfortunately, I have become fairly dependant on Quicken to let me know when bills are due. I am being told by support that "AT&T's servers need to be upgraded" and that the issue will go away once they do so. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• mdtest
    mdtest Member

yes I am

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @toneybarber & @mdtest,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing trouble.

I went ahead and checked the internal status of AT&T Online Biller and unfortunately, it shows a degraded status which is why it will fail to connect at this time. We do not have an ETA on when this degraded status will be resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please note the following:

• Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭

Now the error message I get is "Unable to update billers. Quicken could not retrieve the list of billers. Please try again later."

This only happens when I click FIX IT for AT&T

• Hello @Kerry,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did the issue start happening?  Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭

On my G: drive which is google drive. Has been on this drive for years. I just deleted ATT and added back. I get a one-time code from ATT as a text but there is nowhere to enter it in Quicken. I continue to get that Quicken is unable to access list of billers even though others update.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Thank you for your reply,

We recommend keeping your file directly on your C drive.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend that you try to Review and Repair Online billers. Please save a backup of your data file first. After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭

Review and repair deleted AT&T as incomplete. Upon adding the vendor back, first is asked for PIN rather than PASSWORD. Error message that it was invalid password. Entered password. Authenticaled account. Same message to FIX IT. Now is is asking for login info for ATT Prepaid account. It is not a prepaid account but a regular wireless account

• Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭

I deleted the AT&T prepaid biller. It seems the list of billers "shifted" as I was clicking on AT&T. Added the correct AT&T website. This time is actually asked for my one time code. It seems to have worked this time. The past few times the screen that would allow entering the one time code would never display. Thanks for your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear its working now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

This happens to me all the time. Virtually exactly as posted. And it always breaks again in exactly the same way.

In addition, I will get sent an authrpoization code for AT&T in the moiddle of the night when I have not touched Quicken

@Kerry - would you keep this thread updated if the issue returns or you get the messages from AT&T? Would be nice to know if you really did fix it.

• Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭

Bob, I had the same thing. It worked for one update. Broken again. And the same issue with FIX IT. The message is that "Quicken could not reach the list of billers. Please try again later". So disappointed in the decline of this app I have used for probably 30+ years. I just can't depend on it to be accurate, much less even work. But does allow history

This discussion has been closed.