Problem with Loan Reminders

Options
Jim Bailey
Jim Bailey Member ✭✭

I have a problem with loan reminders. I have a loan and the next payment due date is June 1. I have created a loan reminder, but when that reminder shows up in the Bills & Income tab, it shows the due date as being July 1. When I open that reminder to edit the next due date, the dialog box shows the due next date as June 1, which is correct, so there is nothing to change in that dialog box. In other words, the due date in the dialog box is not consistent with the due date showing on the reminder when I close the dialog box. I have tried deleting and re-adding the reminder but I get the same problem. When I open the loan in the account list, it shows the correct next due date of June 1. For some reason, the problem is that I can't get the reminder itself so show June 1 instead of July 1. Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jim Bailey,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did you first notice this issue? Does it show a date in the Last Payment column (in Bills & Income tab)?

When you go to Tools>Bill and Income Reminders, does it show the correct information there, or does it also show a due date of July? Do you have a transaction for 1 Jun showing in your register?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your prompt response. I first noticed the issue with the May 1, 2023 payment. The loan was an existing loan which was transferred to a new lender. I had to change the loan reminder to reflect the new lender. There is no date in the last payment column on the Bills & Income tab. When I go to Tools-Bill & Income Reminders, it does show the correct information there. I don't have a transaction for June 1 showing in my register, and would not have that, as that is still almost a month away. I do have a transaction for May 1 in my register. To enter that transaction, I used the loan reminder for June 1 and entered the transaction for June 1 and then right before it actually entered into my register, I manually changed the date to May 1. Since I had used the June 1 reminder for the May 1 transaction, the next reminder then became July 1. The reminder for this particular loan has run one month too far out and as I explained in my first note, I'm not able to fix that in the reminder, although the other instances where a due date is shown, the correct date is shown.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps. Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I did the validate, which did not fix the problem. Then I did the super validate which appears to have sort of fixed the problem. The problem was that I was unable to set the next due date for the loan reminder to June 1, it stayed at July 1. After the super validation, it still would not let me change to next due date to June 1, but I was able to change the next due date to June 2. I had tried that solution before the super validation, and that solution would not work until after the super validation. For my tracking purposes, the difference between the reminder showing June 2 as opposed to June 1 is not a big deal, but the problem remains unsolved.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you wish to continue troubleshooting the issue, the next step would be restoring a backup from before the issue started. You would then want to test in the newly restored file to see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.