scheduled transactions won't keep settings

billzebub
billzebub Member ✭✭

I have my scheduled bills and income set to automatically enter 3 days prior. They keep changing back to remind me 3 days prior without me doing anything.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @billzebub,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. There is a Community Alert that may apply to this issue: the words Auto Enter vanish, but the scheduled transaction should still function properly. Is that what you are observing, or is something else happening?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• billzebub
    billzebub Member ✭✭
    No, they change from auto enter to reminder and I have to enter them when they are due
  • Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your response,

When did this issue first start happening? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@billzebub ,
    are you looking at a view under the Bills & Income tab?
    I saw a different discussion where it was mentioned that this was a problem with the view itself not showing "Auto enter".
    Please review your reminders using the Tools Menu / Manage Bill and Income Reminders to verify the Auto Enter status of your reminders.

• billzebub
    billzebub Member ✭✭
    first, nothing happened out of the ordinary prior to this happening. My file is on my c drive, although I do keep my backups on my one drive. I also checked under the tools menu and its the same.
  • Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Just Me and Not Someone Else
    Just Me and Not Someone Else Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Quicken Kristina why would you refer the user to Quicken support when you posted that this is a know issue in Quicken just 4 days ago.

I had also reported this same issue 4 days ago.

In addition I just discovered this morning that the income reminders that I've used for years using the Paycheck Wizzard all converted to regular income reminders. Luckily all the lines converted and I didn't loose the lines, but the paycheck wizzard is defintiely gone.

This discussion has been closed.