problem with bills

Options

recently to of my utilities bills have failed to be available for quickly or check pay. Quicken says the utility companies must have changed something or unenrolled from quicken for mac. The utilities (both of them) assure me they haven't changed anything in their billing. how do I get past the finger pointing and get this fixed?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @phil1017,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide the name of the billers in question?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• phil1017
    phil1017 Member
    Options

CDE Lightband and Clarksville gas & water

• phil1017
    phil1017 Member
    Options

Both have been accepting quick pay for over a year until March which seems to align with the software update.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you have a due date coming up soon, please make sure to get your bills paid to avoid late fees. If your financial institution offers free bill pay, that may be one way to do it. Most billers also provide the ability to pay directly through their website or over the phone.

I checked our servers for the biller names you provided and those names are not listed. Did you put those names in exactly the way they show up on the bill? If so, that may indicate that they opted not to support Quicken anymore. If that is the case, you would still be able to add those billers as manual billers and send payments using check pay.

I can see in one of your earlier posts, you indicated that you already spoke to the billers. Did you speak with a supervisor or a higher level of tech support? Those are usually the people who would be the most knowledgable about integration with 3rd parties, such as Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

May I recommend a couple of alternatives to Quick Pay and Check Pay?

• Bypass Quicken Bill Manager. Let the biller's computer system do all the work for you.
      Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken, every month, record a regular Scheduled Reminder to keep track of your payments before they come due.
    • Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (at least 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

This discussion has been closed.