Quicken says I have an online bill payment to send, but there are none

MyHome
MyHome Member ✭✭

I have this problem and did the recommended activities on this forum (the ones found here:  and failed. What do you suggest? Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @MyHome,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you use Direct Connect Bill Pay (where you're using Quicken to send the instructions to your financial institution and their bill pay is used to send the funds) or are you using Quicken Bill Pay (going through a 3rd party we contract with to send payments via QuickPay or CheckPay)? Are you able to post a screenshot of the error message you are getting (with any personal information blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MyHome
    MyHome Member ✭✭
    Hi Kristina,
    Thanks for the reply. Attached is the setup I have for the banking. In addition, I have not changed anything in years. I have attached the screenshots you have requested. Thanks.
  • Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

Usually, you will get that error message if you have a transaction that gets stuck in send status (Quicken doesn't see that the financial institution has received the instruction and the financial institution rejects the instruction for some reason). Its hard to tell from the screenshots. Do you have a transaction in your register showing in Send status? If you tell it to send before exiting, what happens? Do you get any error messages or error codes?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• MyHome
    MyHome Member ✭✭
    Hi Kristina, thanks. There is nothing in Send status. I have Validated the file too, and it does not go away. When I exit, it gives me the message that I have something to send (last message to you saying I have online payments to send). I have also reconciled the account. Other thoughts? Thanks.
  • MyHome
    MyHome Member ✭✭
    I have attached one more picture. This is what I get when I click on the icon. When I further click, it shows the items that I "sent", but are awaiting processing by the bank.
  • Quicken Kristina

First, if you haven't done so already, please go to Tools>Online Center and check for any unsent payments showing there. If you find any, then send or delete as appropriate.

If you do not find any, you would want to check for file specific issues. You mentioned that you already tried a Validate and that did not resolve the issue. The next step would be to restore a backup from before the issue started. If that is not possible or if that does not work, please let me know so we can move on to the next troubleshooting step.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• MyHome
    MyHome Member ✭✭
    Hi Kristina,
    I checked the online center and there is nothing. Also, I don't know which backup did not have the issue. It has been there for several months, and I was just ignoring it. Please let me know what is next.
    Thanks, Mitchell
  • Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your response,

Next, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• MyHome
    MyHome Member ✭✭
    Hi Kristina - that worked! I have recreated all of my online links and all is good. I need to add a automatic payment but will use the system for several days before adding it. I really appreciate the help!
  • Quicken Kristina

I'm glad to hear that resolved the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• MyHome
    MyHome Member ✭✭
    Hi Krishna,
    Well...with the new file, when I set up downloading using Direct Connect, the same problem re-occurred. Any other thoughts? Thanks.
  • Quicken Kristina

If the issue is still persisting, even in the newly copied file, I would recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.