Being asked to update US Bank when account is closed & not set up for online update

Lisa S
Lisa S Member ✭✭
The messages to log into US Bank is tying up Quicken when I try to download from other accounts. I can't update because I no longer have an account there! I even got an email saying I needed to do this. The old US Bank account is NOT set up for downloading. There is NO option to not do this. I just had to force quit Quicken (Windows 10) because I had no option to get rid of the screen. Was this not tested at all? How do I get rid of this? I tried closing the account in account edit screen, reloaded Quicken, and it still shows up in the download list.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Lisa S,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Lisa S
    Lisa S Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    There's no error. It is an intended dialogue asking to update the US Bank connection which requires logging in. I don't have a US Bank account so I can't log in. I cannot get the US Bank account removed from the list of accounts in the download screen. I'm attaching an image of the screen that comes up when I go into the download screen. It does not matter what account I'm trying to download. This comes up every time. I can only click "remind me later" and the thing comes up again and again.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure that all accounts which you have ever had in Quicken with US Bank have been deactivated and marked as closed? Or might there be an old account that was forgotten and never properly closed?
    Please review your Tools / Account List, marking "show hidden accounts" to see the complete list or work with Tools / Manage Hidden Accounts to find any stragglers.

• Lisa S
    Lisa S Member ✭✭
    I don't see "show hidden accounts" anywhere. This is all I have from the menu at the bottom.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lisa S
    Lisa S Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Quicken Starter. I don't have the same options in the dialog. There's nothing to the left of accounts. Just the Options list at the bottom.
  • Lisa S
    Lisa S Member ✭✭
    Stupid me!!!! Two accounts that were US Bank were still set up to download. I didn't realize what bank they were until I added that column to the display. Fixed.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Lisa S,

Thank you for coming back to update us and for sharing the steps that you took.

We are happy to hear that the issue has been resolved!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.