When I close quicken it does not auto sync and OSU very slow [Edited]

gfcoll43
gfcoll43 Member

I subscribe to Quicken Windows annually (current edition). There was a recent update, and since that time sync is slow. I reset the cloud data, and now Quicken does not auto sync when closing the program. It will sync manually. The settings are set to auto sync though (I have checked and double checked.

Is there another solution

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @gfcoll43,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

I don't use Quicken mobile, so I don't know if the sync to mobile/web is slow, but One Step Update has become extremely slow for the Canadian version. I've been complaining about this for more than a year and no one seems to be listening at Quicken….

• D Morley
    D Morley Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem since updating. One Step update takes ~5 minutes every time. I have deleted my on-line data and re-sync'd. Even if I tell Quicken to only update my Investment data, or only CC data, it still takes ~ 5 minutes. This is very annoying, please fix ASAP.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

(CTP-6836)

Quicken Kristina

• Arctic Hare

Kristina, I have reported this issue many times over the last year. I've reported it using Report a Problem. I've reported it to regular support. I've reported it to escalated support. I've even reported it to the Office of the President. It's been well over a year and all I hear are the crickets.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin

Hi All, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Can you provide a few more details that we can share with our team?

-How many accounts do you have?

-When did you start to notice the slowness? This release? A previous release?

-Do you have Cloud Sync turned on or off?

-Where is your data file located?

@Arctic Hare , thanks for your feedback. It has been shared with our teams as well. We are looking into this issue further.

We appreciate your patience as we look into this.

Quicken Janean

• Arctic Hare

@Janean… all of your questions have been answered several times previously

-How many accounts do you have?

A: I download transactions from three banks, involving three sets of login credentials and 8 - 10 bank accounts/credit cards

-When did you start to notice the slowness? This release? A previous release?

A: Several releases ago… the issue has been ongoing for more than a year.

-Do you have Cloud Sync turned on or off?

A: I don't use mobile/web. Cloud Sync is turned off.

-Where is your data file located?

A: On my local C: drive which is a 1 TB NVMe drive (super fast). And, no I do not use OneDrive or other file sync utilities.

• JosefW
    JosefW Member ✭✭
    I am sorry to hear of this slowness problem in updating or downloading banking transactions.

I have personally never setup "Express Web Connect" for logging into and downloading my bank or Credit Card transactions through Quicken. I use the old "Web Connect" method, whereby with Quicken open to the specific account, I then log myself into my Bank's website and then manually download the transactions from the Bank's website interface.

As a result I am not having any slowdown issue in downloading. I can appreciate the convenience factor in just being able to use One Step Update to login directly to my banks and then automatically download the transactions, but I have never fully trusted the complexity of this operation, especially now that most banks are now requiring some form of 2 Factor login verification.

I also have never been comfortable in syncing or uploading my data to any location other than my own hard drive. Call me a Luddite, but this process has served me without major problems since the 90's.

Having never setup "Express Web Connect", I can not suggest how to revert back to "Web Connect", but one could try making a copy of one's current file (making sure to keep a backup), and then experimenting with it to see how it can be done, if the annoyance factor of waiting that long is large enough to try and circumvent, while Quicken takes it time in trying to solve the problem.
  • Arctic Hare

It is straight forward to revert back to Web Connect; however, in my view, Web Connect is very inconvenient to use to download daily from multiple financial institutions. OSU takes a long time run (roughly 3-4 minutes), but I can do something else while it is running in the background, it requires no user interaction once initiated. When OSU runs at normal/full speed, it downloads from 3 financial institutions, obtains security quotes, and f/x rates all in about 20 seconds. When it is not running properly, it takes more than 3 minutes to complete.

This discussion has been closed.