Quicken and Etrade Not Working

StevensUMBC
StevensUMBC Member ✭✭

Received this week from Etrade (Morgan Stanley) notification. Will be requiring two step authentication (cell phone texted code) to access account. Tried to download quotes, banking and investment data from etrade / MS this morning. Message read, institution not accepting. Contact etrade. Has anyone else encountered this? If so, I this a situation where we just have to wait for Quicken to update their software?

Comments

• Hello @StevensUMBC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Have you been getting a specific error code? Were you using E*Trade Bank, Quicken E*Trade, or did you try a different connection? Are you connecting using Express Web Connect or Direct Connect? Are you able to provide a screenshot of the error you have been getting (with any personal information obscured or blurred out)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dallaz
    dallaz Member ✭✭
    Yes, same issue here. It's the good ol' OL-220-A error, and it's happening on my Fidelity accounts, too. Started 05/04/23.
  • dallaz
    dallaz Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    It's the OL-221-A error when I try to direct download.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @dallaz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you haven't done so already, I would recommend following the troubleshooting steps in this article.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• dallaz
    dallaz Member ✭✭
    Yeah, thanks. Unfortunetly, I know that article by heart from having a Fido account for years. I went through those suggestions several times over the last few days, including contacting ETrade, "it's not an issue on our end" (of course).

I've validated my data; rolled back the last update; removed the connection and readded it multiple times. I've disabled VPN; disabled my anitvirus; and run several malware scans...all to no avail. I suppose I'll uninstall/reinstall Quicken, but I've been using the DirectConnect download with my ETrade accounts for more than three years and maybe had this error twice in that time with them, and it always cleared up after a day...but this has going on for more than a week now. This seems to be such a common error for a lot of people with various banks, brokerages, etc. Perhaps it's time for Quicken to come up with a more robust method of downloading data.

The article says it's an issue with the brokerage, and they say it's an issue with Quicken. Since it's occuring with both my ETrade and Fido accounts, I tend to take their side on this. Meanwhile, the error persists, and I'm without my brokerage data. SMH
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Thank you for your response,

If ETrade was not able to assist, then I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Eric2825MN
    Eric2825MN Member ✭✭
    I had the same 2FA issue and its' now fixed. My experience is that the 2FA should be "ignored" in QW download, meaning only the main password be entered/saved. If you'd like to login to E*Trade website from QW (or anywhere), however, you'll still have to use 2FA. Hope this is useful to your situation as well.
This discussion has been closed.