Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Comments

• Michael Sloss
    Michael Sloss Member ✭✭✭
    I am glad I found this thread because I have been having this same issue plus one more I have not seen discussed. My "only once" reminders always change to "yearly". Is this a known issue, too?
  • Ken Rakes
    Ken Rakes Member
    edited May 2023

[Removed - Off Topic/3rd-Party Software]

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello All,

Thanks for joining this thread to share that you are experiencing this issue.

The alert thread that was linked inside this thread is not related to the issues that you are experiencing, there is a different ticket and investigation going on for this current issue. Yes, I do work for Quicken. This thread/issue has been reported and is currently being investigated and worked on by my team. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

I hope this clears things up and I do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• elprice7345
    elprice7345 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem and I have reported it.
  • james150
    james150 Member ✭✭
    > @Paul Roques said:
    > If you click on "View Post" (above), there's a line in the first paragraph that reads "This does not affect the functionality of auto entry of the transaction". Has anyone NOT entered a reminder before the due date and seen that this is true?
    >
    > I'm going to change the next ("auto enter" that was changed to "reminder") payment's date to tomorrow's date (17th) and am intentionally not going to enter it myself but instead wait until the day after to see if what they say is true.
    >
    > I'll post my results on the 18th.
    >
    > Paul

Yeah, this is not true. I have bills showing in Overdue now that should be on auto-enter. I would argue that the functionality is affected.
  • pointtraveler
    pointtraveler Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023

I do not use the Web version, only the PC. The update R49.33 pulled in transactions in the remaining part of May and June. I manually add them myself as they are charged. I do not write checks from Quicken. If I assume the update changed them to automatic, How do I move them back to manual. I could not fine an option/switch for that. Can I just delete them from the register? Will they still be in the future transaction list?

[Merged Post]

• nancybabs
    nancybabs Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023

Since the last update, all of the reminders that were supposed to be auto-entered have switched to 'remind' instead of 'auto-enter' and I have to manually enter them. Was that functionality supposed to be removed? If so, that's a very bad change. If not, when will it be corrected?

[Merged Post]

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Updating to 49.33, I have not lost any functionality. No change(s) were experienced to the Bills & Income Status choices.

[Merged Post]

• roberttongue
    roberttongue Member ✭✭
    Same here. Changed them to auto half dozen times and they just keep changing back
  • Dan Violette
    Dan Violette Member ✭✭
    "If this is affecting the function of your reminders (eg its not automatically going into your register when it should)..."

Yes, it is CHANGING the setting from Auto Enter to Remind. I see the clock in the accounts list and I know it is messed up again and I need to go in and change to auto enter again and then exit/restart Quicken to cause to happen. I have a weekly item but have not connected if it stays Auto Enter until a Quicken update or changes each week.
  • mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    I would like for the Quicken’s technical support team to please revisit this problem which seems to be effecting so many people. I would like for Quicken’s support staff to provide a corrective solution everyone who is experiencing the same problems. I don’t understand why Quicken after updating is defaulting back to remind even though I previously had the bill reminder set to auto entry?
  • alan2857
    alan2857 Member ✭✭✭
    Does anyone think that this might be related to the fact that the implementation of the web and mobile version of bills and income is incomplete, it’s clearly missing the auto-entry functionality found in the desktop version which makes one wonder if this is the source of the issue.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭

I have been reporting the problem to Quicken every time I encounter it. I believe the issue has to do with the option to include future transactions in the register (which I prefer not to do). After you open an account register click on the Gear Icon in the upper Right Corner. Under "Register Views and Preferences" select the "Reminders to show in register" option. Quicken will give you options to select of 7, 14, 30, 90 (days), 12 months, or "Don't Show Reminders". It is my opinion that when this option was added (not sure when that happened), if the last option of Don't Show Reminders is selected it prevents the Auto Reminders from appearing in the register. If you do select one of the options future auto reminders appear in the register.

• KurtB
    KurtB Member

Same issue! And it is effecting the function of the auto entry. My auto entries keep changing to remind and they will not auto enter.

• Jim McLaughlin
    Jim McLaughlin Member ✭✭✭

Reported.

• Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    There was an update, but the issue did not seem to be addressed. Has anyone had any change on the status of this problem with your system?
  • Keith Johnson
    Keith Johnson Member ✭✭
    With "auto entry" not working, the usefulness of anticipated income and payments is gone. I have to spend a great deal of time trying to recreate what Quicken formerly did.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭

Keith Johnson. This is not the perfect solution, but it may work for you. After you open an account register click on the Gear Icon in the upper Right Corner. Under "Register Views and Preferences" select the "Reminders to show in register" option. Quicken will give you options to select of 7, 14, 30, 90 (days), 12 months, or "Don't Show Reminders". It is my opinion that when this option was added (not sure when that happened), if the last option of Don't Show Reminders is selected it prevents the Auto Reminders from appearing in the register. If you do select one of the options future auto reminders appear in the register.

For myself I am not really happy with that method for two reasons. First, you have to have every account set up in that manner and I have several where I have Auto transactions set up. Secondly, I don't like to see the future transactions cluttering up my account registry. I prefer the auto transaction appearing on the date I set (as it worked before). I will continue to report this as a problem and sent it to Quicken each time I encounter an auto transaction not appearing in the register. I use the report a problem to Quicken option in the Help menu.

• Denisem
    Denisem Member

I'm having the same thing - all auto's are being flipped to manual each time the data sync's with the web

• rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭✭
    Me too! Last weekend and today. I took the time to reset them to Auto today and my One Step Update just set them all to Upcoming again!
  • princessEarl
    princessEarl Member
    edited May 2023

I'm having this issue, too, plus transaction dates are being changed during 1 step update. [Edited-Readability] I frequently change a transaction date to a future date, and suddenly, since the last update, each time I do a 1 step update, the date is changed back to the original date. This is totally messing me up. [Edited-Readability]

[Removed-Rant, Language]

• Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you are having these two problems. Hoping Quicken comes up with a solution to both very soon!
  • Jim Burns
    Jim Burns Member
    edited May 2023

When I enter Manage Bill & Income Reminders, I set my status to "auto". After I exit out of Quicken and re-enter, the status goes back to "upcoming". How do I keep the status on "auto" enter?

• Richard Sturgeon
    Richard Sturgeon Member ✭✭✭

I Have a issue where i set a item to be paid to auto enter and it switches back to to remind me. This is in the Calendar view.

• ampski
    ampski Member
    edited May 2023

Joined this community after getting no help from help desk. I see I'm not the only one with this issue. Very irritating.

[Edited-Readability]

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Are you Syncing to the cloud, for use with Quicken on the Web or the Quicken Mobile app?
    I recommend turning Sync off until further notice, i.e., until we hear from Quicken that this problem has been resolved.
    You will have to manually reset all incorrectly changed reminders and keep an eye on them over the next few weeks, to see if the problem goes away.

• mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

What I don't understand is why the Quicken Support Team seems to not be interested in correcting this issue? [Removed-Speculation]. I am getting very frustrated because it's causing me to have to manually enter transactions because all of my income and bill reminders revert to remind instead to what I prefer which is to be set to automatically enter the reminder into my account's register will Quicken will then automatically match and clear the income or bill reminder. Now I have to manually select transaction and select enter then match the downloaded transactions and save it. I liked it better when it was set to automatically enter and it did exactly what it was supposed to do without me having to do anything!
    [Removed-Rant]. Please help us out Quicken Support Team and put someone on this problem and fix the problem once and for all.

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭

mdeehl This is not the perfect solution, but it may work for you. After you open an account register click on the Gear Icon in the upper Right Corner. Under "Register Views and Preferences" select the "Reminders to show in register" option. Quicken will give you options to select of 7, 14, 30, 90 (days), 12 months, or "Don't Show Reminders". It is my opinion that when this option was added (not sure when that happened), if the last option of Don't Show Reminders is selected it prevents the Auto Reminders from appearing in the register. If you do select one of the options future auto reminders appear in the register.

For myself I am not really happy with that method for two reasons. First, you have to have every account set up in that manner and I have several where I have Auto transactions set up. Secondly, I don't like to see the future transactions cluttering up my account registry. I prefer the auto transaction appearing on the date I set (as it worked before). I will continue to report this as a problem and sent it to Quicken each time I encounter an auto transaction not appearing in the register. I use the report a problem to Quicken option in the Help menu. This same issue has been reported under several other posts for at least 2 years that I know of.

• scottkin
    scottkin Member

when is this going to be fixed

This discussion has been closed.