Banking Transaction Report doesn't work

wjmcnicoll
wjmcnicoll Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I have run the Banking Transaction report about a thousand times. It's the report I use more than any other. Now suddenly it doesn't work. When I select the report I briefly get the little window that says it is Searching Transactions. The little window then disappears. That is all.

I haven't found any other report that fails to run.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @wjmcnicoll,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• wjmcnicoll
    wjmcnicoll Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Thanks for the input. I tried a Validate. When it finishes I get a message the Quicken is unable to open the data file. The DATA_LOG file shows numerous Damaged data blocks but then reports various repairs to transaction indexes, transactions and accounts. At the bottom it states that validation has completed.

File, Open successfully opens the file and it looks like the Transaction report is working.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

With Damaged Data Blocks, I'd STRONGLY suggest that you Restore from a backup. Your file has problems that it's unlikely Validate can fix

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, damaged data blocks means irreparably damaged. There is no fix. The only choices are to (a) live with the corruption, (b) find an uncorrupted backup file, or ( c) start a fresh new data file.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear the report is working. However, I recommend you review the advice both SuperUsers provided above.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.