Discover Bank

Options

Answers

• john177@
    john177@ Member
    Options

Ok, This is getting really old!! Fix the problem Discover Bank.

I have sent in multiple error reports to Quicken.

If this keeps up , I'll change to MoneyDance or MoneySpire,

• donschiff01
    donschiff01 Member
    Options

Pls fix this.

• Bruce Kantor
    Bruce Kantor Member ✭✭
    Options

I rolled back to version 27.1.49.29 per Richard Kutnick, and everything is downloading. I will wait to upgrade until the problem is fixed. Thanks Richard.

• Matthew42
    Matthew42 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have to say I'm super frustrated with Express Web Connect in general. Not only is it MUCH slower than the older Direct Connect methods but multiple institutions that have switched over have resulted in glitches like this one that are taking Quicken weeks to months to resolve. Maybe pump the brakes on this half baked (to be generous) technology until you get it more mature?

• Mr Bill
    Mr Bill Member
    Options

Ditto!

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    Options

I am beginning to wonder why I renewed my Quicken subscription. This problem with Discover has been going on far too long, and the same thing has happened with several other institutions. What's the problem? This particular one has gone on long past reasonable. This problem has been escalated where…'cause that doesn't seem to help a bit!

• Rick11
    Rick11 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was having the same issues with Discover as mentioned. I was told by Quicken Tech Support a couple of weeks ago that Discover was no longer supported by Quicken. Can someone verify this ?

• Wingding
    Wingding Member ✭✭
    Options

It seems there are some pretty decent alternatives to Quicken that are free. I'm also wondering why we continue to pay when things like this are broken.

• sventre
    sventre Member
    Options

It has been quite a while since Quicken properly updated transactions with Discover Bank, and in addition those transactions with American Express Card/Bank are regularly faulty. Inasmuch as Quicken is a subscription service and we are paying for months when it doesn't work, what is Quicken going to do to compensate subscribers for this lack of what used to be a dependable service?

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    Options

I think sventre has a valid question - I'd like to see the answer…

• George Agich
    George Agich Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I concur with the critical remarks about Quicken's response. It's really lacking. This problem has been ongoing for at least a month now. That it's tied to Quicken updates as the suggestion to roll back as suggested by Richard Kutnick https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.49.29MPatch.EXE shows, this is a glitch Quicken itself introduced. These comments on this Community site seem to go no where. Does Quicken care about customers anymore?

I'm too considering switching away from Quicken since these type of issues recur all too frequently.

• Mikelh
    Mikelh Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

[Removed - Solicitation] Sounds like lots of folks are considering a switch (myself included).

• JB20
    JB20 Member ✭✭
    Options

I use Quicken for Mac and I am able to connect to Discover Bank with no issues. But I am unable to connect to American Express after they “improved” their website. Quicken support has not been of any help. Everyone seems to point the finger in the other direction. Classic CIA vs FBI.

• MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Totally fraudulent from Quicken that they continue to increase rates but not provide service

• MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    Options

For decades, Quicken has never cared about customers..

• MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    Options

So while I installed the patch, and it let me setup the Discover, it still didn't download any transactions. It hasn't downloaded anything since June 14. I should add, this is only a problem with Discover credit card. We also have a Discover checking account and that downloads fine.

• Bruce Kantor
    Bruce Kantor Member ✭✭
    Options

Try using Discover Card instead of Discover Bank for you credit

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    Options

Downloading savings account data has been going on for weeks for me!

• jtcrawf55
    jtcrawf55 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I cannot add Discover Bank, Discover Card, and Discover Card Account Center. All 3 won't work for me.

• chuckhlm
    chuckhlm Member ✭✭
    Options

Just talked to support at Discover and was told that, "Discover does not have an agreement with Quicken as of the beginning of 2023." What that means I do not know. Too bad Quicken likes to leave us in the dark.

Tried syncing with the Wave app and it does not work and it causes Discover security to block your login. If I have to manually input transactions at least it is free.

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    Options

I just contacted Discover and received the following answer. Why can't you just be upfront with things, Quicken? I am so disappointed in you!
    "Thank you for your being a valued Discover customer. I understand your concern regarding being able to import your transactions using the Quicken or QuickBooks software.

Unfortunately, Quicken and QuickBooks software is no longer supported. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

You are able to access your transactions anytime through your online account center by clicking on your Activity under your account details. You are also able to download the transaction history in an Excel or CSV file."

• jtcrawf55
    jtcrawf55 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

With latest update, R50.15, I was able to use "Discover Card" to re-link both my Discover Credit cards this morning. "Discover Card Account Center" and "Discover Bank" still do not work. No idea if this was the result of the new "update" or not.

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Financial Institution = "Discover Card" should allow you to add Discover Credit Card Accounts. It does NOT require you to authorize you accounts on the web as quicken requires when using the "Discover Bank" or "Discover Card Account Center" (see Below.) When linking a Discover Credit Card you will be able to pick a phone number to text or call for a authorization code.

Quicken has a Fundamental problem with Financial Institution = "Discover Bank" or "Discover Card Account Center". You can see this by creating a totally New Quicken File. IF you try to add account in this NEW FILE from Financial Institution = "Discover Bank" or "Discover Card Account Center" it will fail (See below). So this has nothing to do with any account you have with discover and nothing to do with you discover file. You install quicken on another computer and see if the results are any different—-they were not for me.

Financial Institution = "Discover Bank" or "Discover Card Account Center" will go to the "Discover Bank Needs you to authorize your accounts page". See Picture below. This page has NOT worked for well over a month. When I create a totally new Quicken File on my computer or a new computer, this page also did not work. (What happen when you do the same?)

The Picture below shows what happens when clicking "Sign In" on the Above Page.

Discover Bank checking and savings account still download for some of my family. However, once there is a download problem and you choose to "Deactivate" or to "Reset Account"——Quicken appears to have no method to allow you to Add those accounts to Quicken.

I don't understand why some report "success" with rolling back to about May 3rd 2023 version by using the link below:

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.49.29MPatch.EXE.

I have NOT tried it.

For those you that did go back to version 27.1.49.29. It would be interesting to know if it was possible to add Discover Banking and Checking Account to Quicken. IF so, did you go via the Web authorization forms show in pictures above——or if you just pick a telephone number to get text for call to verify you identity as you would see when using the "Discover Card" as the Financial Institution.

Any help from the community would be helpful—-since it seems that Quicken Support, to my knowledge, been silent on this problem.

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    Options

As I commented earlier - per Discover themselves, they are no longer supporting Quicken downloads for bank accounts. Where is Quicken's transparency???

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, I am sorry for the delayed response. There is an alert for this issue but we need more details. @jtcrawf55 and @RB, for the accounts you were able to connect, can you let me know what connection type you are using?

• Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Matthew42
    Matthew42 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@cynwins Since the new connection system (Express Web Connect Plus) uses third party data aggregator instead of a direct connection between your PC's Quicken application and the bank, Discover may not consider that supporting Quicken downloads even if that remains the ultimate result (they're working with the data aggregator, not Quicken).

• georgerose
    georgerose Member ✭✭
    Options

Janean, I am not either of those members but anyone reading these Discover Bank connection problem messages can see we don't get far enough to get a choice of connection types.

This discussion has been closed.