Payee List [selection list has all items highlighted when it shouldn't]

Options
dnelson
dnelson Member ✭✭✭

Copied this from another discussion and I'm having the same problem. Windows 10 and version 48.15.

"Until recently, all past categories for payee were listed when entering new transaction, but were not highlighted. Press the down arrow to select category, then enter. Now all past categories are highlighted, and I must use the mouse to choose a category. Not efficient."

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @dnelson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Could you please provide more information about what is happening? Is this the dropdown you get for Payee when doing transactions manually? Are you able to provide a screenshot of what is happening (with any personal information obscured or blurred)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dnelson
    dnelson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Here is a screen shot

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @dnelson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• MikeC331
    MikeC331 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you Anja. I had the same issue. Validating the file resolved the issue. Mike

• Quicken Anja
    Options

@MikeC331 Thanks for chiming in and letting us know! Glad to hear this worked for you. 🙂

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.