Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It sounds like you missed the step about linking the downloaded/imported file with the existing account in Quicken. Quicken will create a new account if/when it is not linked to the existing account.

You can merge the two accounts, if you wish. It means you would need to delete the Opening Balance transaction in the new account and then move all of the transactions (including the Opening Balance transaction) from the old account into the new account.

Or, you can delete the new account that was just created and then try downloading the transactions in the Quicken formatted file, again, this time making sure to link the downloaded/imported file to the existing account when you are prompted to.

I would probably opt for the latter because it will be less work but it is a personal choice matter as to which path you wish to take.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Are you saying you have the Elan automatic download working now? If so, are your selecting "Elan Financial Services" or "Fidelity Rewards" as the credit card? I understand there are two different sources you can connect automatic downloads.

• HKB
    HKB Member ✭✭
    Options

@quick20 Neither of the two automatic download options you mentioned works right now.

• Dan DeWeese
    Options

I have the same issue. I downloaded a file directly to Quicken from my account on the Elan website. It established a new credit card file in Quicken. However, the new file will not update; and the old file, which quit updating and that I had disconnected, cannot be connected. When I try to reconnect the old file, I am getting either at CC-502 or CC-503 error.

• RobCody
    RobCody Member ✭✭
    Options

me too

• Dan DeWeese
    Options

Following an earlier poster's course of action, I have decided to quit using my Fidelity VISA until this issue is resolved. I simply refuse to manually enter 40-60 monthly transactions on this credit card. I will instead use another rewards card that is updating without issue.

• Hutchman
    Hutchman Member
    Options

As long as you are getting 2% back from the alternative card, that's a good solution.

• peteparts
    peteparts Member
    Options

I did the download from Elan and realized I needed to tell it which account it was to update. The first time I think I asked for too long of a window of time and it doubled up some of my previously cleared transactions and I had to clean them back up. I did a second time today and it posted and cleared only the newest transactions, which is only a workaround for now but it’s a cumbersome and not what I want to continue with.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Dan DeWeese -

I have the same issue. I downloaded a file directly to Quicken from my account on the Elan website. It established a new credit card file in Quicken. However, the new file will not update; and the old file, which quit updating and that I had disconnected, cannot be connected. When I try to reconnect the old file, I am getting either at CC-502 or CC-503 error.

No one said that downloads via OSU could be resumed after using Web Connect (manually downloading and importing that transactions data file). The OSU connection is broken because of Elan's server issue(s) and it cannot be restored until they resolve their server issue(s).

Following an earlier poster's course of action, I have decided to quit using my Fidelity VISA until this issue is resolved. I simply refuse to manually enter 40-60 monthly transactions on this credit card. I will instead use another rewards card that is updating without issue.

There is no need to manually enter transactions. Using Web Connect will eliminate the need to manually enter individual transactions. Whenever you want to have transactions downloaded into Quicken just do the Web Connect download/import process, again.

Of course, it is a personal choice as to which credit card to use and whether or not to use Web Connect to download/import transactions. I choose to continue using this Fidelity Visa card because I get 2.5% cash back with it on $3K-$4K of monthly purchases. I have no other credit card that comes close to matching that. So, I am OK with the relatively minor inconvenience of the additional 15-20 seconds that it takes me to use Web Connect. I can live with that. But, if I had another card that matched what I am getting with Fidelity I, too, would probably start using that other card.

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am in the same boat. 2.5% rewards. Not ablevto download. Given the number of folks that have reported on this site I am surprised that Quicken support has not provided any detailed update

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@boatmaniac Off topic, I know but I have the Fidelity cash back. It is only 2% for me. Is there some promo going on?

Nevermind, I see the related program on the Fidelity website.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I only see 2% on Fidelity's website. If there is a way for 2.5% it would be great to know?

Unlimited 2% cash back on everyday purchases

With no category restrictions or limits on the amount you can earn, you'll get unlimited 2% cash back into an eligible Fidelity account.

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Re: Fidelity Rewards. Check out the benefits of having managed accounts.

Would be best to have subsequent discussions in a separate thread.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

You might want to read up on Fidelity's Rewards+ benefits for people who have Wealth Management accounts: https://www.fidelity.com/rewards/overview . These types of accounts are ones that are professionally managed and you pay a quarterly management fee (a percentage of the portfolio value). If you want to read more about their offerings: At Fidelity.com, click on Managed Accounts under Products.

• elubat
    elubat Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue for the past 10 days or so. Any updated news from Quicken about a fix (last update was 2 weeks ago)?

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

Haven't heard anything from Q. and a phone call is useless. next call I make I will ask for an escalation.

thank you all for the comments about doing a download from Elan /the option for the card. Was just getting ready to do that. Don't need another 'broken' file in Quicken. I'm continuing to keep my balance up to date with simple math and adding to the last balance of 9/2023 (my last true update date). This way at least I have a record of expense v income.

so annoying

• quickj
    quickj Member ✭✭
    Options

This merged post has made it harder to follow, but I still cannot download via Quicken Mac.

Days in Error: 34
    Error Code: "FI_TIMEOUT (FDP-102)"
    WCC Code: "CC-502"

• ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This has now gone on far longer than I thought it would. I haven't been able to download transactions on my core credit card since 9/22.

• ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the hope that this helps someone, the ELAN web site (at least for my credit card) offers the user the ability to download transactions. You can select a range of transaction dates and select the Quicken option. This will download a ".qfx" which can be imported into Quicken and the transactions will be displayed as if you had downloaded them in the "normal" way (ie you have the ability to review each transaction before you accept them). I believe that it also downloads and displays the online balance which automatically updates the "Online Balance" in the Quicken account when the file is imported.

I am using this as a workaround for now.

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

u are a lifesaver. The key is the qfx.file

Thank u so much. Worked like a charm. A terrific workaround until Q gets a fix n update

😊

• N8WRL
    N8WRL Member ✭✭
    Options

Once downloaded, how do you get Quicken to import it?

• SRod
    SRod Member
    Options

Over a week now and no progress. I guess changing the name to Quicken classic is more important than making the product work!

• Road2FIRE
    Road2FIRE Member ✭✭
    Options

Please everyone stop blaming Quicken or Elan at this point. Unless we know the cause of the issue it makes no sense to cast blame one way or another. The best we can do is elevate at Quicken AND Elan to try to get some traction. I’d be surprised if neither side has looked into it at this point.

• N8WRL
    N8WRL Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you!

"Go to the File menu and select File Import → Quicken Transfer Format (.QFX) File."

Was the part I was missing. I assumed it would be something in the "gear menu" on the account itself.

• RatPak
    RatPak Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes maybe we should just wait a month, or two, while signing Kumbaya and see if that fixes it.

• Road2FIRE
    Road2FIRE Member ✭✭
    Options

That’s not what I meant. I said we should elevate at Quicken and Elan, but making blanket statements that it’s one company’s fault without any hard proof isn’t helpful.

• Ramias
    Ramias Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The error in my Mac Software is now: Retry. Layout has been changed.

It has changed from that to Website Forbidden and back to the Layout changing message.

I don't use the fidelity rewards dot com website all that often because Quicken has mostly worked.

However it does look like the Elan/Fidelity Rewards site has changed.

My suspicion in the past is that Quicken was screen-scraping the site and the changed layout has broken things.

Solutions:

1. Work with Elan to offer Direct Connect
    2. Quicken to fix their screen scraping

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

check out advice from ciamer

He/she is a charmer w a work around.

• AEY
    AEY Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been trying to download for over a week. Using Windows. I use Elan Financial for the connection, not Fidelity. I manage another account with same issue on different PC. Seems to have started with last update to that included the "classic" info. Saw posts about a fix in the works. Any update to that fix?

This discussion has been closed.