Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• karenscomets
    karenscomets Member ✭✭
    Options

Hooray. I was able to update my Elan financial credit card account today! Thank you to all who were working on this issue

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

By law, the most you can be held liable for in a verified fraud case is $50, regardless of the total value of all of the fraud charges. And most credit card companies will not hold the card holder liable for anything. (Elan did not hold me liable for any of the $260 that someone fraudulently charged to my Fidelity card.) Did they give you a reason why they were holding you liable for $500?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• qrdtvvwx
    qrdtvvwx Member ✭✭
    Options

As of 10/9/2023, Elan Financial services seems to be working, The connection requested a verification code, then linked up.

• rlroberts
    rlroberts Member ✭✭
    Options

Updating is still not working for me.

Did you do anything to get it started again?

TIA

• wsgumich
    wsgumich Member ✭✭
    Options

I took Elan (US Bank) to Small Claims Court after arguing with them for many months over a $518 bogus charge. Ultimately, the judge believed them when they claimed that the charge was made with a "chip present" charge card and therefore I must have made the purchase (which I didn't). I lost $518 plus the court filing fee because the judge ruled in favor of technology over my sworn testimony.

• NewsOfTheWorld
    Options

Seems fixed now for me too. I took no special actions at all.

Interestingly, today Quicken showed a popup warning about Elan when I first opened the program. It's a nice idea, but it looks like now they need to turn it off.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2023
    Options

@wsgumich - Sorry to hear about losing that case in Small Claims Court. Yeah, technology will almost always win out over a person's sworn testimony because most people know that technology itself does not lie but people often perjure themselves (I'm not implying that you did…just speaking in general). If the chip was present for the charge it certainly would appear to support Elan's claim. But maybe you had charged something else there and handed the card to the person who rang up the charge? If so, that person might have been able to keep you distracted (all it might take is a little small talk) while they rang up that $518 charge against your card, as well. Chip technology would not have been able to detect that and it would still have looked like it was you who made that charge. I've heard of scams like that occurring.

• langejos
    langejos Member
    Options

Worked for a while yesterday. No longer working now.

• Road2FIRE
    Road2FIRE Member ✭✭
    Options

Yup, stopped working for me too. Error code: FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE (FDP-105)

• Craig in ER
    Craig in ER Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Elan/Fidelity Quicken log in and download started working again a few days ago but today it failed. Broken again with FDP-105 error. I logged into my CC account through both the Elan site and the Fidelity Rewards CC site and both were successful but via Quicken failed. I stopped using my Fidelity CC until this download issue is fixed! And, on it goes.

• qwuser1999
    Options

I just tried again today and it is still failing.

• Dan DeWeese
    Options

Ditto for me. My Elan download was working for a day or two, but won't download tonight. Now I'm getting and error code: CC-505.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It worked this morning. Hopefully, they are just doing some after hours server maintenance.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Bob Z
    Bob Z Member ✭✭
    Options

Worked over the weekend but got a cc-505 error just now. Hopefully just maintenance but……….

• r_clement
    r_clement Member ✭✭
    Options

Encountering same Elan account update problem following 2 weeks of failing to download, then success for 3 days, and now again Error Code 505.

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@wsgumich There are systems that can copy the signature of the chip and duplicate it. According to credit bureau Experian, shimming works by inserting a thin device known as a shim into a slot on a card reader that accepts chip-enabled cards. The shim, equipped with a microchip and flash storage, then copies data from your credit card.

Do a search for: duplicate credit card chip

Unless the card reader asks for a cvv it only shows that a card or its clone was used. It doesn't prove who used it.

• Wichita Lineman
    Options

Same here, broken again.

Thanks for fixing the pressing outdated logo issue though! The old look made Quicken unusable.

• Chris16
    Chris16 Member ✭✭
    Options

Worked for several days. Broken again 10/10/23 at 6:10 am.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stopped working again this morning for me too.

• lcindallas
    lcindallas Member ✭✭
    Options

SO frustrating. It worked for a few days and now the same issue. I checked to make sure I could log into the ELAN and fidelityrewards site outside of quicken and there were no issues. There should be monetary compensation for all this wasted time and effort.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Stopped working for me again this morning on both Elan and Fidelity Rewards Card FIs.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • wsgumich
    wsgumich Member ✭✭
    Options

Me too. (QMac)

• hgillman
    hgillman Member ✭✭
    Options

it was working for a few days, but doesn't work once again. Embarrassing.

• Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just tried. Still not working.

• Dan DeWeese
    Options

Wayne, and 16 minutes later it's still not working for me. Looking on the brighter side, I've discovered a whole new group of friends in this support community I never knew I had, until I began having problems downloading my Fidelity VISA data into Quicken.🙂

• Dan DeWeese
    Options

The say "misery loves company." At least I know I'm not alone dealing with this rather frustrating issue.

• CheeseheadInParadise
    CheeseheadInParadise Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Was finally fixed, but now broken again.

[Merged Post]

User since:

Apple IIe

Apple Duo Disk Drive

Apple A2M2010 Green Phosphor Monitor II

Epson RX-80 dot matrix printer.

• udechwordiEr
    udechwordiEr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

was broken this morning with FDP-105, now (12:58MST) its working again

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I just did OSU a couple of minutes ago and it is working for me. Those who tried earlier last night or this morning might want to try again.

• Dan DeWeese
    Options

Yep, my Fidelity VISA is downloading again. Thanks for the wise commentary throughout this process, Boatnmaniac.

This discussion has been closed.