Answers

• Jim Bethel
    Options

October 7th … still a problem with "Enter Valid Date"

• JLP1976
    JLP1976 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Up to now, this has only been a minor inconvenience, but today when I clicked ok on the "Enter Valid Date" box, Quicken crashed. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Brian Garber
    Brian Garber Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I am seriously thinking that Quicken is becoming too fragile. Too many connectivity problems.

An alternative that I'm considering is [Removed - 3rd Party Software]. I've been a very loyal Quicken customer but this is getting too frustrating.

• gregandrews
    gregandrews Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here…let's get this fixed ASAP please!

• Chris Ingoldsby
    Chris Ingoldsby Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem "Enter a Valid Date" pop up when downloading Schwab transactions.

• kevin17@
    kevin17@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Said the same thing last week about Quicken's push for new FI API/interfaces - if FI "break" them, it's likely too fragile. I agree with the more general statement of Quicken being too fragile too! Since the subscription model started, their strategy of continuous development, integration, and delivery has come with so many issues and degraded product performance. Almost seems like they fired anyone who performed QA. sigh…

• James Turk
    James Turk Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I'm getting a pop-up asking me to enter a valid date in a new blank transaction after I download transactions.

The 10/9/2023 date has been selected (not by me) at the end of the transaction download.

[Merged Post]

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To repeat what has been said MANY times, this is a spurious error message. You can simply click on OK and move on.

But if you don't want the message to appear, you should click on a transaction in your Transaction List that has already been accepted (not the last transaction or one in the Downloaded Transactions area) before clicking on Accept All or Done.

Quicken has said they are working on a fix and it will be released in R53.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Odontolith
    Odontolith Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Quicken will not allow me to enter a transaction. I enter the date, ATM, the amount of withdrawal, the category and then ENTER. I get a response: enter valid date. The date was indeed changed. Then I reenter the correct date, hit enter and NOTHING happens. My entry is not recorded.

• hlhowie
    hlhowie Member ✭✭
    Options

I am now on 52.28 and this issue still persists. (in my case with Wells Fargo Advisors accounts). I have not seen a comment from a Quicken moderator on this thread….has anyone else??? At least tell us it's being addressed even if you don't know when it will be resolved. Thanks

• Odontolith
    Odontolith Member ✭✭
    Options

Currently running: ver R52.28 build 27.1.52.28

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

A Quicken Moderator posted in this thread on 9/21 that a fix is in the works to be released in one of the R53.XX version updates. I'm assuming the 1st R53 version will be released sometime this month since R52.XX versions were released in September and Quicken tends to roll the RXX numbers on a monthly basis.: Re: R52.xx - Enter Valid Date after download transactions [Edit33].

In addition, an Alert was posted about this on 10/2 as well: UPDATED! 10/9/23 Enter Valid Date Error after Download Transactions for Investment Accounts (QWin).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Bob@45
    Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I started experiencing this error well over a year ago. It seems to me that when Quicken applies its investment transactions, after it refreshes the screen, a second instance of the last transaction appears in the entry line, but is displayed only and does not really exist. If you press Enter or try to do anything with that last line, you get the invalid date error because there really isn't any date there — it's only on the display and not in the system itself. If you move to a different register and back again, the display is corrected and the problem goes away. More often, once I've accepted my downloaded transactions, I just move on to the next register so it has not been a serious issue for me.

• geoffj
    geoffj Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is starting to get annoying always having to clear the error box. Not at all confidence building that Quicken has so many bugs for such mature software. Perhaps a sign that it is too out of date in its underlying structure.

• JSS
    JSS Member ✭✭
    Options

Taking WWAAAAAYY to ling to fix this quicken team!!

• CowboyNav1
    CowboyNav1 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I see I'm not the only user getting this error on all my Investment accounts…and it has been going on for over a month. I've sent in at least two "Report Problem" alerts. Would be nice to get an actual reply acknowledging receipt and confirmation it is being worked on.

My fear is this is corrupting my Investment transactions such that the (hopefully) near-term fix will be a pain to update/fix all the transaction during this period.

Please prioritize your investigation of this issue…thanks.

[Merged Post]

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

have requested that this be merged into the main existing discussion - where there are tons of other postings -

[Merged Post]

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• hlhowie
    hlhowie Member ✭✭
    Options

FWIW - I have found I only get the "enter Valid Date" pop up message on downloaded transaction if I use the "accept all" button. If I enter each transaction individually it does not pop up. But I am glad to see from the above that this issue appears to be someone's radar at quicken.

• BearBear
    BearBear Member
    Options

Same issue here. This is a great example of why I don't like the forced changes and subscription service business model. The software does (did) what I needed until updated and errors introduced.. The updates do not add any goodness for me, just errors like this.

• Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Problem is financial institutions change log in and download methodology forcing Quicken to adapt

• GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree. I am not particularly interested in new features; I want the software to do what it already does, but with reliability. But Quicken needs to keep up with evolving technology and security protocols on the financial institutions side, which is an ongoing matter.

As for the minor error that is the subject of this long thread, a patch is way overdue.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2023
    Options

You can stop the automatic version updates from occurring by changing your UAC settings to "Always Notify" as shown in the following picture. When Quicken tries to force a version update, Windows will first ask if you want to allow it to happen. If you don't accept the it Windows will kill the update from occurring.

• TallBrad
    TallBrad Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm also receiving the "enter a valid date" error and I'm updated with the newest version.

• compuwise
    compuwise Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Just wondering if Quicken support has any comment on this. Usually, there's a comment that it's a known issue and being worked on, or, better, a resolution. Anything official?

I am still getting the error with the latest update: R52.33.

• John Blaustein
    Options

I am still getting the error. R52.33

Quicken Classic Business & Personal for Windows. User since 1991.

• GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don’t think was one of the listed fixes for R52.33, which is odd, considering how long this has been going on.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

The Alert says the fix would be included in a R53.XX version update. The version update announced today is R52.33.

• stevedell
    stevedell Member ✭✭
    Options

Come on folks. This error was first reported in mid-September and the "we are working on a solution" message was posted 15 days ago.

Yes, the workaround works, kinda, but it's still a pain.

My only concern is what new issues will be added once this problem is solved?

This discussion has been closed.