Fidelity NetBenefits Download problem again?! [edit]

Options

Comments

• K Savage
    K Savage Member ✭✭
    Options

FIX: turn off Web & Mobile in settings. Reconnect Fidelity Netbenefits accounts to your existing Fidelity accounts in your Quicken file.

• Keithwh
    Keithwh Member
    Options

I have been requesting an update for weeks, and keep getting impacted that various from day to day it seems. Does anyone know the stability of Windows version? After a many weeks I am thinking that Fidelity is essentially not supported on Mac so I need to find another solution. Having correct balances is the foundation of a financial tool. I know it is painful to move from one platform to the other - especially for the investments. Is windows version better for Fidelity?

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

From what I've seen QWin is having the same problems with NetBenefits accounts, so switching isn't going to help.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine starting working Sept. 1. (It worked for a while before last month before glitching again, so we will see if the problem is really fixed.)

• Polaris
    Polaris Member ✭✭
    Options

Been well over a month since I've seen any moderator updates on the official bug report for this. I'd like to bump this to see if Intuit Quicken can provide any updates, workarounds, or even hint that work is progressing at trying to come up with a solution.

Been a Quicken user for decades, and this is getting pretty frustrating and not to the usual level of support or attention to the matter that I've experienced in the past.

@Quicken Anja

• Polaris
    Polaris Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks @K Savage, this helps some; but I'm still not receiving all securities after this workaround. In my case, the Bond Investments are not still being included. But this did add back a few other Stock Securities that were not being included earlier.

On a side note, during reconnecting my account, ran across this error message below. Maybe Fidelity is trying to force users to their website directly? Or Intuit got placed in a timeout for not playing nice…

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

It was working until yesterday. Now it is back to failing to include all of the mutual funds in the Netbenefits account. So definitely NOT Resolved. In fact, the reverse - Quicken broke it again. Quicken for Mac is really not very good.

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Incidentally, "FIX: turn off Web & Mobile in settings. Reconnect Fidelity Netbenefits accounts to your existing Fidelity accounts in your Quicken file." also did not work for me. Quicken has still dropped some of the mutual funds in the account.

• hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2023
    Options

I've had this issue for months and it is not resolved in the today's download. I'm sending a report via Quicken app too.

• hoakie84
    hoakie84 Member ✭✭
    Options

Very frustrating that this continues month after month. I can connect to my Fidelity 401k but it does not download all the funds that I have. So I get 5 out of 7 funds and the data in the 5 I get is off. I've tried every "solution" offered on these discussion pages and nothing has worked.

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Very. For me, not downloading a MEIKX fund. I don't understand why Quicken does not do what they claim it does, and least for not very long before it stops working, and why they don't seem to be able to fix it for very long before it breaks again. Other than lack of resources or capability.

• Polaris
    Polaris Member ✭✭
    Options

… Yep. Broke. Again….

Considering going back to managing my finances with Excel like I did 30 years ago. At least I could trust the data, or know who to blame {myself :)} for in accuracies.

• Polaris
    Polaris Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken wouldn't allow me to post just the img without 4 characters.

1. John McClane
    2. Mickey Mouse
    3. Laurel and Hardy

That makes four characters

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Worked yesterday, but today it is back to not recognizing any Vanguard funds in my NetBenefits. What a mess Quicken is.

• T73
    T73 Member ✭✭
    Options

Fidelity fails to load 4 of 5 funds on quicken for mac. Same issue back in February..

• hoakie84
    hoakie84 Member ✭✭
    Options

My download issue still ongoing after several months. Downloads 6 of 7 funds. Odd that the one fund that never gets updated is a Fidelity index fund.

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here. Most funds came back today after the update, but not FXAIX, the index fund.

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Started working again, then stopped again. Currently, not downloading most mutual funds in NetBenefits.

• hoakie84
    hoakie84 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

after almost 3 months of issues & errors, my Fidelity NetBenefits 401k downloaded all of my funds and everything looks correct. Fingers crossed that the "fix" holds!

• r2d2gasser
    r2d2gasser Member ✭✭
    Options

All transactions for my Netbenefits accounts were deleted sometime over the last few months. Since the balances were still showing in the sidebar, I wasn't paying attention to transactions.

When I contacted Quicken chat support about the issue (because the same things has happened with my Further, formerly Select Account, account) I was told that my iMac OS (Catalina 10.15.7) was no longer supported. I am an annual subscriber, have been for years. I don't recall EVER seeing anything on the renewal screen about system requirements. I am beyond frustrated with Quicken.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@r2d2gasser Officially, Quicken always states that the supported operating systems are the current macOS and the two prior versions. (So currently, that would be Sonoma, Ventura and Monterey.) This official policy hasn't changed for years.

However, the Quicken Mac team has always alerted users when they are actually ending support for older operating systems. The most recent instance of this was with the release of Quicken 7.0 in April 2023, which required Catalina or higher and ended support for Mojave and High Sierra. The current Quicken Mac does run on macOS Catalina; I have it running right now on my Mac which is on macOS Catalina.

In short, the Quicken Support representative you spoke with gave you the official answer as shown on Quicken's website, but not the correct answer.

The problem with Netbenefits accounts has nothing to do with your operating system. As you can see from this thread, it has been affecting many users for some time. And you may note that the user reporting yesterday that their account seemed fixed did not get the fix through an update to the program itself; these problems are almost always resolved via back-end server fixes.

My only advice is that you can try Quicken Support again — perhaps phone instead of chat? — and hope that the representative you get this time will have some knowledge of the Netbenefits problem and current status.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • r2d2gasser
    r2d2gasser Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks jacobs, I feel a little bit better! I wish I could try the fix of turning off web and mobile in settings, but I don't see those options anywhere.

• jacobs
    Options

@r2d2gasser To turn off storage of your data in Quicken Cloud, go to Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts, and switch the Sync switch to Off. Then go to Preferences > Connected Services, and on the line for Cloud Account, click the Reset button. This will delete your current Quicken Cloud file and create a new one — but the new one just has your Quicken account information, not any of your financial accounts or transactions.

• Polaris
    Polaris Member ✭✭
    Options

Just curious what versions (Quicken and OS) and connection settings you are using to get this to work. I've been taking every update that Quicken throws out, and follow up with full account deletes and reconnections trying all available Fidelity/NetBenefits institutions listed in the Quicken selections and Cloud Account Resets. Nothing has fully worked for me.

Strangely, I have found that by using NetBenefits Worldwide (nb.fidelity.com) and Fidelity NetBenefits (401k.com) I get two different sets of results, but neither fully reflect my whole account

• jacobs
    Options

I've been taking every update that Quicken throws out

@Polaris In almost all cases like this, updates to the desktop program are not involved in the resolution. The problem exists in the back-end servers of the financial institution, Intuit (which handles connectivity for Quicken) and/or Quicken. Fixes in any of those areas happen invisibly to users, and don't involve the code in the desktop program.

(Sorry, I have no insight into the specific NetBenefits issue or issues; I'm just saying a fix is likely to appear one day without any update to Quicken Mac.)

• Polaris
    Polaris Member ✭✭
    Options

@jacobs Yeah, I suspect it'd be a backend fix for the parsing of the data received, but just wanted to illustrate that I wasn't sitting many versions behind that may not interact the same way with the server in the off chance that a newer version to handle the fix for this issue. I'm just at a complete loss and growing ever frustrated with the inability to track my accounts. I figured if someone found a combination that resulted in positive/expected results it would be worth a try to see if I could mirror the setup and see if it worked.

• hoakie84
    hoakie84 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Polaris well, the "fix" didn't hold. Updated my account today and only 2 of my 7 funds are now showing in my Portfolio listing on Quicken. What is odd is transactions (buy/sell/ reinvest dividends) of the various funds do show up under the Transactions view. Not that I think it matters, but I am up to date with Safari (V17.1) and Quicken Deluxe for Mac (V7.3.2 macOS 12.7.1). Obviously Fidelity changed something on their end and Quicken has not figured out how to connect accurately. It is frustrating, however I don't depend on Quicken to track my 401k holdings & performance. I'm not retired. I use the Fidelity website & statements to manage performance. Quicken just has all my accounts in one view so I can see things holistically.

I'm sure they will get it fixed eventually. If not, then I'll delete Fidelity 401k Netbenefits from Quicken and continue on with my other investment & spending accounts which are accurate and something I do depend on to manage my finances.

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm in the same boat. My 401K Netbenefits account has fixed itself 4 or 5 times only to fail once new transactions download. The 2 funds which had transactions in this last download, were the ones to disappear. The transactions are there, but the funds disappeared.

I created a 'test' file with only my Fidelity Net Benefits account in it, and it has been rock solid for 6 or 7 weeks now. Not sure what that means overall but it isn't a livable solution using 2 different files.

• r2d2gasser
    r2d2gasser Member ✭✭
    Options

Dennis@1 …explain more about the test file. Just a different named empty account that you connected to FNB and it worked? The fix about not syncing didn't apply to me when I checked into it….I have never synced on the cloud.

This discussion has been closed.