Fidelity NetBenefits Download problem again?! [edit]

Options
the_loralee
the_loralee Member ✭✭

Quicken for Mac: Fidelity download problem again today, July 12th, 2023…happened earlier this year…(fixed)…but again today one account near zero. Another lost 1/3 of it’s value in the download. Logging into Fidelity (after near heart attack) I see that all the funds are still there. Come on Quicken…not again.

Comments

• kingdon09
    kingdon09 Member
    Options

same issue hear, Fidelity 401k account successfully connects and downloads some funds properly but completely skips other funds.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue here, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• qj1
    qj1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. None of my positions are showing under Retirement → Dashboard for my two Fidelity NetBenefits accounts. Started a day or two ago.

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here. Started this afternoon. Please fix this ASAP.

• Tomasimo
    Tomasimo Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here, happened to me previously as well.

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, it had been fixed for about a week, but just came back today. Quicken for Mac will not update my Fidelity NetBenefits 401(k), and reverted to a prior balance, though I can log onto the NetBenefits site and see the actual balance (thankfully).

This really needs to be fixed - accurately.

• Tomasimo
    Tomasimo Member ✭✭
    Options

Upon opening Quicken today, I was notified of the 7.2 update. Once I updated and then did an account update, my Fidelity 401k balance and transactions appeared correctly.

• tomott61
    tomott61 Member ✭✭
    Options

Today is the third major adjustment that Quicken has made/not recognized in the last 2 months, possibly fourth.
    1) Alight - reduced balance by a material percentage. Tried to work with Quicken Support. Could not resolve or identify. Said it was a problem from Alight. I tracked back a number of years to see where the adjustment had backtracked to. It was a leap year. I made an Adjusting Entry to the 3/1 balance and all has been fine since.
    2)Netbenefits 401(k) Account. Value dropped by over 25% 2 weeks ago. Used the same approach as with Alight, but did not contact support. Made the Adjusting entry with a date 3 years ago so as not to have a near term change in valuation. All worked.
    3) As of 7/22, the balances self-corrected, so I was overstated on the account by 25%. Deleted the Adjustment. Everything is balanced.
    4) As of 7/26 update - Entire account (except $12x) is GONE. Always shocking to see a major change in your retirement plan

I have been a loyal user for 10+, probably over 15 years. However, my trust with this recent inconsistent behavior is shaken.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Tomasimo There's no mention of this issue in the Release Notes for 7.2, and there's a very good chance that the timing is coincidental. Nearly all connectivity problems involve the financial institution and/or Intuit, who Quicken pays to handle all connectivity; it's rare that a change to the Quicken application is needed to resolve a connectivity issue. (And you may note that many connectivity problems begin and end without a program update.) We'll probably never know, but if I were a betting man, I'd put money on a change at Intuit or Fidelity being the fix rather than a Quicken application update

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Tomasimo
    Tomasimo Member ✭✭
    Options

@jacobs It certainly could be a coincidence. For me, the 7.1.2 update coincided with when my Fidelity balance got messed up. I reverted the update via Time Machine and went back to a Quicken backup file to no avail, so your theory holds.

• hoakie84
    hoakie84 Member ✭✭
    Options

The update to V7.2 for Mac did not fix the issue. It still does not download any Fidelity funds

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@hoakie84 As I noted 3 posts above this, it's rare that an update to the Quicken application fixes or breaks connectivity issues. It does happen occasionally, but in almost all cases, it's an issue with the financial institution or Intuit (who provides connectivity services for Quicken) or both, and these are server-based problems not involving the desktop app.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

It is still not updating Netbenefits for me as of August 1. Quicken - please fix this.

• john303
    john303 Member ✭✭
    Options

I too cannot download any Fidelity accounts, Version 7.2.1 (Build 702.49920.100). So frustrating, please fix.

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, last night, it started updating all of the investments in my Fidelity 401(k) except one, a Loomis Core fund (NERNX).

• HujmbleC
    HujmbleC Member
    Options

My NetBenefits balances had disappeared with the prior update and then after updating to 7.2.1 I went snooping on my ledger and noticed a lot of negative share balances and traced back to some placeholder transactions dated 12/30/20 ( several to maintain a 0 balance as of 8/4/23 and one adding shares to reach 0 for 12/23/21). Removing these placeholders returned my balances.

• hoakie84
    hoakie84 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not working for me. 4 of my 6 funds show up, although the share amounts are off. The two that don't download are a Fidelity index fund and a Vanguard bond fund. Odd that I have another Vanguard fund that does update. Issue been going on for almost a month now.

• TimHockley
    TimHockley Member
    Options

Appears since last update (51.12 HF1) none of my 25 Fidelity accounts are updating and the "update now" menu option has disappeared on all of them. I need this fixed asap !!!!

• Tomasimo
    Tomasimo Member ✭✭
    Options

My Fidelity NetBenefits is broken - again. Balances messed up when I reloaded today before applying the 7.2.1 upgrade. No change after the upgrade. Like @HujmbleC I had transactions at the beginning of my history that caused it to zero out, but even after removing them the balance isn't even close to accurate.

• ishiver
    ishiver Member ✭✭
    Options

Fidelity managed 401K download still an issue. It eliminated my balance 2 weeks ago, it was restored a few days later,then last night, it removed all transactions, except detail on one fund. The account doesn't event show up as an option to link at fidelity.com. If you choose nb.fidelity.com, it will only give you a summary but not the option to download the detail.

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

And after a few days, NetBenefits is not working properly again, and has failed to download the information on another fund (this is a Fidelity growth fund). Come on Quicken, this is getting ridiculous.

• seer14
    seer14 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken support. This is a significant issue where quicken is reporting 0 (zero) shares from the institution.

• feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have not been able to download transactions for two weeks now. It suddenly stopped.

• thatscguy
    thatscguy Member ✭✭
    Options

Once again there are errors in the downloading of Fidelity NetBenefits!

• tm17
    tm17 Member
    Options

same problem here, no downloaded transactions since early July 2023…uggh

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    Options

And no update from the moderator since July 26. Hello, Quicken?

• 9Scoops
    9Scoops Member ✭✭
    Options

Is this the same issue with Fidelity Rewards Visa credit card? I get the message saying "Quicken cannot connect to this account" for the last couple of days.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I believe Fidelity Visa accounts actually connect to Elan & not Fidelity, so it's probably not related to the problems with NetBenefits accounts.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• 9Scoops
    9Scoops Member ✭✭
    Options

Okay, thank you. I'll start a new thread since this appears to be unrelated.

• K Savage
    K Savage Member ✭✭
    Options

So, Intuit Quicken cannot figure this out but I did after thinking through some work with Fidelity Netbenefits on the phone. What I have found is that the connection will occur if I turn off Web & Mobile in settings. Of course, this means that the phone apps and web apps are no longer updated and virtually not usable. Why can INTUIT not figure this out and correct the issue or at least share this with folks so that there can be a temporary fix until they get their act together with their app programmers??? They are becoming a HORRIBLE Mac software company because they have no competition in this arena.

This discussion has been closed.