R52.xx - Enter Valid Date after download transactions [Edit33]

Options

Answers

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jim_Harman It's interesting. I was trying out renaming rules today and depending on how one accesses them, they behave differently. If I use Tools to access them, it behaves differently then if I use Memorized Payee List. Strange, but this is off topic.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• EDacho
    EDacho Member ✭✭
    Options

agreed, I am also seeing a spurious message that says password (to open file) is incorrect but after several tries it works. Also now need to also enter online password to open the file. Several accounts do not download (Applecard, Kohls and Home Depot). Sad to see Quicken product quality going backwards in spite of subscription service intended to provide steady revenue stream and improve quality.

• rlw007
    rlw007 Member ✭✭
    Options

Seems connect to an error in picking up February 29th's during leap year. How it was introduced, I don't know. BUT, it is more than annoying…. it is diverting from the business that Quicken is supposed to make easier and more accurate.

• Ron n Round Rock
    Ron n Round Rock Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

11/1/23 - Same here - R52.33 - Doesn't seem to affect anything - just an annoyance! [Edited - Readability]

ron in shawnee

• Someupsetuser
    Options

It is now November, and I am still getting this error. So much for an October release. Is there an updated ETA?

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jim_Harman Thanks, that resolved that pesky Enter Valid Date thing! Hopefully a fix will be coming soon…

• BBG
    BBG Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

For all the superusers and Quicken staff monitoring this community, you should be aware that defending inept development and releases, telling your customers about work-arounds that vary from minor upwards, is usually more inflammatory than helpful and although put in an apologetic not defensive context (that can easily be received as dismissive) is appreciated.

It is not as if Quicken has not previously released updates with this same problem but has not added it to their QA test.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@BBG I don't understand your point. I agree that Quicken's development, testing, and release processes leave a lot to be desired.

Are you saying that we should not provide work-arounds for problems like this one?

QWin Premier subscription
  • BBG
    BBG Member ✭✭✭
    Options

No I am not. Implying it is minor or just throwing the work-around out suggests 'no problem because you can work-around and 'we' will get to it at some date in the future'. Whether Quicken staff or helpful 'volunteers' it applies even when a volunteer steps in - noting many 'volunteers' appear to be one with the Quicken company. I am starting to understand how our posts sometimes get read? My last sentence…

→ although put in an apologetic not defensive context (that can easily be received as dismissive) is appreciated.

• Jim_Harman
    Options

Just to be clear, the SuperUsers are not Quicken employees. We are users who volunteer our time to help other users. We have little to no influence over how Quicken prioritizes problems to fix.

I offer workarounds because I hope that they will allow other users to get Quicken working for them. They are not intended to give Quicken an excuse to give a problem a lower priority.

I still don't understand the first paragraph in your first post, which is all one sentence. What does "is appreciated" refer to?

• BBG
    BBG Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That most of us 'appreciate' helpful work-arounds, but if they also appear to defend Quicken it puts another light on them.

1. Thank you for the work-arounds as a non-quicken employee
    2. It is easy to confuse a 'superuser' from a quicken employee who 'manages' this forum, unless it is made clear
    3. Posts that appear to diminish or even dismiss a problem even if minor does not sit well.

This exchange has become a 'piece of work' so I'll step back.

• Jim_Harman
    Options

OK, thank you for clarifying.

SuperUsers are volunteers.

Quicken employees have user names that begin with Quicken. See this post about Community roles

• ChuckandRonda Churchill
    Options

ditto. I am hoping they can provide a date for the release.

• MsLiz
    MsLiz Member
    Options

This has not been a long-time issue for me. It has been since a recent update and it appears to be the same issue many are having. It has nothing to do with reconciliations. It comes up after accepting downloaded transactions. It has only been happening for a few weeks for me, and it is just an inconvenience.

• Grandma5
    Grandma5 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I'm also still getting the "Enter a valid date" error message when I enter downloaded investment transactions. This has been happening for the past couple of months. Very Annoying!!! [Edited - Readability] I've been using Quicken for at least 20 years. Why can't they fix this!

• yetanotherdave
    yetanotherdave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Periodically and fairly often I get the following message after transaction download (on brokerage accounts):

I ignore the message, take no corrective action and all is well. Does anyone else see this annoying, pointless and uninformative message?

Edit: @Greg_the_Geek thanks for the pointer. I should have searched first. 😁 I see that I am by no means alone.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dear Quicken, I am getting more and more of my comments regarding effects of problems not being repaired or communicated to the subscribers here taken down. I am using no politically incorrect terms or profanity. I just hope you are reporting that the user base wants to be communicated with about these problems. Please do not delete this as a rant. Thank you

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• dan11
    dan11 Member ✭✭
    Options

When are you going to fix this?

• dan11
    dan11 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

• dan11
    dan11 Member ✭✭
    Options

I can't recall if I asked, When are you going to fix this?

• dan11
    dan11 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

• JLP1976
    JLP1976 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken has said early on in this discussion that the solution would be rolled out in R53. I've searched all of the comments, and there are no mention of the release date. Some have offered opinions on when that might be, but the fact remains that the fix will be release with R53. I suggest everyone sit back, take a deep breath, and stop all of the incessant complaining. It is not getting us to an earlier solution. It is, however, clogging my inbox.

• scottnew67
    scottnew67 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Has there ever been a fix to the "enter valid date" issue?

[Merged Post]

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited November 2023
    Options

Not yet. Hopefully, in next update.

[Merged Post]

• Richard Lowensohn
    Options

Same issue with 52.3

• Sandra Gottlob
    Options

Please fix this!! Investment accounts.

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Since the last Quicken Update, when I Enter a Downloaded Transaction into a Investment Registry, a small popup appears "Enter Valid date". Why this is happening is, the Actual Date is not populating quickly in the Investment registry (because when I see the POPUP, the date has not populated in the Investment Registry Block…but does populate shortly after the Popup appears).

Has nayone else experienced this issue?

[Merged Post]

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options
This discussion has been closed.