Chase Connection Setup Failure

Michael Zierdt
Michael Zierdt Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭
Got Quicken message to connect my Chase / Amazon Visa, tried and quicken sent me to Chase where I logged in and clicked options until I got a "Your accounts have been authorized successfully! You will now be redirected back to Quicken."
Quicken is now showing me a "Sign into Chase bank Use the bank hosted sign in form in your browser to authorize downloads" with a spinning circle, then "Sign into Chase bank failed. Try again. Sorry the sign in failed due to time out or connection error. Select Sign in to authenticate via your web browser" (Windows 10 / Chrome) so signed in for the 4th time same failure.
Chase has sent me emails saying "You've agreed to share data with Quicken"
I guess Quicken will only let me logon to Chase, click download icon there as I have been doing since 2019.
Pitiful support

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod
    Hello @Michael Zierdt,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with migrating your Chase accounts. 

We currently have several active alerts regarding the Chase sign-in failing. You may follow these links here and here to access those alerts where you may bookmark the alerts in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, and resolutions that may occur. 

I hope this clears things up. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Michael Zierdt
    Still Failing after being told to complete by 9/28

• Michael Zierdt
    FYI: I am current at Release R44.20
  • DaveStadnick
    DaveStadnick Quicken Windows Other Member

I stopped using my Chase accounts a few years ago when they no longer supported Quicken. I tried to link to Quicken last year and gave up. Trying again and still get the timeout error message. I have disabled online access for all of my Chase accounts and use Chrome. What could be wrong????

Original Error Report Follows

Chase Authorization Fails due to time out or a connection error

The activation/authorization dialog with Chase via browser actually completed successfully but the activation/authorization window in Quicken waits forever and ends with an error message saying that "Sign into Chase bank failed, Try again". The remainder of the error message says "Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error. Select Sign in to authenticate via your web browser." if I select the Sign in button, the process repeats itself and the same failure happens again.

• rgweiss
    rgweiss Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I've had a Chase account linked to my Quicken for a while and had no problems automatically updating it in Quicken. When I tried to update it on 12/1, it had somehow lost its connection to Chase. I tried to set it up for online access again but I now get the exact same problem described in DaveStadnick's 11/27 post. I can successfully complete the steps on the Chase website but the Quicken side of the activation/setup process ALWAYS times out with "Sign into Chase bank failed. Try again" then "The sign in failed due to time out or a connection error". Every attempt repeats the same problem - success on the Chase website but Quicken fails to recognize the process on the Chase website has completed cleanly.

What can I do to get Quicken to recognize that the Chase website step in the account setup process has completed successfully?

• DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Quicken Windows Subscription Member, Windows Beta Beta

Same error here and also getting a CC-601 error on downloading existing account information. Quicken's link to Chase appears to be broken because I can log onto the Chase site and all my information is there.

• Q_comm_red
    Q_comm_red Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

see here. error message was "The sign in failed due to time out or a connection error", but the sign in succeeded on the chase site.

quicken: Please FIX this.

• rgweiss
    rgweiss Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

After reading other community posts on similar problems and a lot of playing around with various settings, I found a solution that worked for me: I use the Norton for security, So I temporarily disabled the Norton Safe Web extension in Chrome and temporarily disabled the Norton Smart Firewall and the Norton Auto-Protect. Ran through the Quicken setup steps for my Chase account again in Quicken and it all completed successfully this time. I'm able to automatically download transactions for my Chase account again. If you use Norton this is probably the fix. If you use other security software, maybe similar steps are needed as adapted to that tool.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I think you just wasted your time on this. Without changing anything, it is now working for me.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.