RSU Vesting not working Quicken Classic Business and Personal Win Canada R52.28 Build 27.1.52.28

Options
stompinbob
stompinbob Member ✭✭

I'm not able to record the vesting of RSUs in Quicken. There seems to be a bug related to the Account drop-down list. If I use the "Record Vesting" shortcut the vesting transaction pre-populates but the Account drop-down list is empty and no receiving account can be chosen.

If I press the "Clear" button, the Account dropdown loads with Investment Accounts, but even if one account is apparently selected, the transaction entry is halted as shown below.

I "Reported a problem" through the Quicken app a week ago and never received so much as an electronic acknowledgement. I called the problem in to Quicken Support and, after much searching by the support person, was told that the RSU feature was only partially implemented - yup, fully agree. I asked if the problem would be added to a bug list and was told that no, it doesn't work that way (?).

Comments

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I suspect that this feature is not actually implemented in the Canadian version and you are seeing the account type without the rest of coding required to make it work. Just a hypothesis.

Quicken has difficulty keeping track of which features are not implemented in the Canadian version… by all accounts, they seem to have very poor configuration management processes for this.

• stompinbob
    stompinbob Member ✭✭
    Options

@Arctic Hare , RSU support seems to be mentioned in the Release Notes for an earlier Canadian version but, you’re right, it’s hard to know if this applies to my version. I’m sticking with my bug hypothesis for now.

• Arctic Hare
    Options

Taken at face value, it would appear that Quicken Canada now supports RSUs, but I'm not 100% confident that the Release Notes accurately reflect the Canadian version.

• stompinbob
    stompinbob Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey @Quicken Anja , will the next Canadian Release address this bug?

• stompinbob
    stompinbob Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Quicken Kristina ,

I see in another thread where you acknowledged the existence of a bug and advised that it is being worked on. Can you please do the same for this RSU issue? I have called Quicken, reported the issue through the application, and posted here about the problem. Not once has Quicken responded or given any indication that this is being addressed.

• stompinbob
    stompinbob Member ✭✭
    Options

After waiting a month with no response from Quicken, I called them again. I referenced this post and the above screenshots. After some checking by the agent with the development team, it was acknowledged that RSUs are supported in the Canadian version and that it’s not working as expected. A problem ticket #10600949 was opened. A fix was promised in the next release or the following release.

• stompinbob
    stompinbob Member ✭✭
    Options

Although I didn't see a mention of this fix in the Release Notes, Version R53.17 (Build 27.1.53.17) seems to have included changes to enable entry of RSU Vesting transactions. I can now record these transactions. I am checking the first couple for correctness.

• prizym
    prizym Member ✭✭
    Options

I can confirm that the recording of vesting events seems fixed in the latest R53.17 version. What's annoying is that this DID work when it was first released, but was soon broken in R48.15 (see my post from May here).

Great that you called @stompinbob and were able to get confirmation and a problem ticket — certainly there is no confidence that bug reports via the app result in any action…

• Arctic Hare
    Options

The more people that complain about any issue - the higher priority it gets. Priority is based, in part, on impact, which is based on scope and severity. This all sounds good until we - as an individual - are impacted by an issue that is only impacting a small number of users. I've been there with a Quicken several times and…. its not fun.

• stompinbob
    stompinbob Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey @prizym, glad to hear it's working for you. I'm planning on doing some RSU data entry today and am now more confident I won't find more bugs. I did see your May post about the RSU issue after I had made my post and logged a first call with Quicken. Before I make my next bug report about Quicken's inability to memorize transactions in a way such that they can be included in multiple transaction groups, I will see if anybody has already reported the issue.

• prizym
    prizym Member ✭✭
    Options

That makes sense — I would expect prioritisation to be part of the process. The issue I have is lack of transparency and comms. I would imagine expect that behind the scenes all app-reported issued are being categorised and grouped, and if so it wouldn't be hard to assign some issue# and give an update periodically.

• Ranga
    Ranga Member
    Options

This seems to be again broken in R53.32. I see empty dropdown list.

This discussion has been closed.