Real Time Quotes/Investing Portfolio Tab

Options
craig
craig Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Investments

I would like to see the ability to get Real Time Quotes as part of drop down menu right on the Investing Tab. Currently you have to go to EDIT then PREFERENCES then INVESTMENTS then place a CHECKMARK. Pain as I like to change it daily after market close. Thanks for considering.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why do you keep changing it? I don't understand. If you only want to get the quotes after the close then uncheck every the 15 min and just download the quotes when you want. There's a couple other ways. Go up to menu item Investing > Download Activity > Quotes or click on the Investing Tab then on the Update button on right. It is already on the Investing Tab.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

After Hours I do not want RT quotes. During Trading Day I do. So I switch daily. You do you, I do me. This is only a suggestion, not looking for comment or user solution.

EDIT: I thought I posted this in a section called PRODUCT IDEAS. Not sure if can be moved. This was only meant as a suggestion not a need for an answer. Thanks

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Part of the idea / suggestion process needs to be making a case for the requested change. Thus a complete description of why you want this type of change is certainly helpful to getting others on board with your thoughts.

So you want real time quotes during the trading hours. What is the problem with leaving the feature active after hours? Slows Quicken? Gets in the way? Might a change to the real time quote process suffice just as well, where it only applied during normal trading hours?

For many users, they have seen pricing issues develop when real time quotes are activated. Are you seeing that at all? Only after hours? Not a problem for you? That broad issue is one reason many users opt not to activate real time quotes at all.

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks. Probably should not have posted. I just wanted to save myself several steps to initiate and take off the RTQ feature. I have MY reasons. I am sure majority do not monitor portfolios and online brokers as I do. I have been using Quicken since late 80s and LOVE the product. Problem for ME leaving RTQ on after hours is the prices can vary so much on low volume…..i buy and sell AH and monitor the prices with my broker. So yes the RTQ feature only during market hours would be a nice addition.

Here is a suggestion show me how I can get a SUGGESTION to developers that will make my experience better without it being on a user forum. I have a few more but will try to post in the right area and would rather not get responses. I certainly appreciate any response if I were having a problem or issue. Thanks again.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

what are real time quotes? I selected it from investment under preferences and the prices were totally whacky….

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go first to the ideas for Windows area

https://community.quicken.com/categories/windows-ideas

From there select the most appropriate sub-category (Investments?) and then click the New Idea button there.

I've asked a moderator to relocate this discussion to that idea section.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To enter a suggestion, you should create an Idea post.

I converted your original post to an Idea, but I need to get a Moderator to move it to the correct Category.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Real time quotes have less delay the standard 15 minutes or so. This is a Premier and up feature.

The issue here is that if they are enabled, they also provide quotes at times when the markets are closed. Because trading is very thin at those times, the prices vary much more than during the day.

Another issue is that there is a bug if this option is enabled, which causes securities that have no ticker symbol but have Download Quotes enabled to get the price for the first security alphabetically in your security list (often AAPL).

QWin Premier subscription
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @craig,

Your post has been changed to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow.

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks I appreciate that as I thought i had posted in an idea/suggestion area! :)

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Jim just noticed you initiated that to get to a moderator. Much appreciated! Will try to post in proper area next time 😂