Quicken doesn’t honor email offering 50% off.

Options
GrandmaJo
GrandmaJo Member ✭✭✭
edited February 10 in Before you Buy

I was sent an email offering 50% off of quicken to “come back.” However, when I try to buy using the link, there is no discount and I am told I will be charged the full price. This is like bait and switch. If I had quickly clicked I would have been charged the full price. How can I get the offer? And why does Quicken do this?

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If you haven't already tried this, log into your Quicken account & then try using the link.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

How long ago did your subscription expire? Generally, they only have 50% off offers for new users or those who's subscriptions have expired at least 90 days ago. (But I don't know the details of the offer you received.) You may want to contact Quicken Support to see if they can help honor the 50% off offer if you want to subscribe; no one on this forum can help with that.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • GrandmaJo
    GrandmaJo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the helpful comments. The ad definitely said to Renew, and it has been close to 2 years since I subscribed, maybe longer. The ad definitely said to renew. I’ve tried to attach it. I just don’t understand how they can send something like this and then not have the link take you to the offer.

• jacobs
    Options

Since you haven't had a subscription for awhile, you should also be able to get the 50% off offer for new customers.

In order to qualify for either a new customer or renewal discount, you probably have to log into your account on quicken.com; otherwise, how can they tell if you are a new, lapsed or current customer?

If you can't get the 50% Offer to pop up again, as I said, I would contact Quicken Support. you have the screen shot as proof of the offer. Once they verify that you have an expired subscription, hopefully they can do something to honor the 50% off price.

• GrandmaJo
    GrandmaJo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken was able to honor the offer and I now have an updated subscription. The agent who helped me install was very helpful and efficient, as there were several problems that had to be solved, including the fact that Quicken kept trying to use an email that I no longer had and had changed a long time ago.

• jacobs
    Options

@GrandmaJo Thanks for coming back and posting the resolution of your issue. (On this forum, we hear the complaints, but not always the successes! 😀) I'm glad to hear that you had (a) a helpful, competent Quicken Support representative, and (b) a successful resolution for the promised discount.

• Larry94044
    Larry94044 Member
    Options

I have a related issue. I continually get these reweal with discount email ads to the email with my current Quicken account. The fine print always tells me I'm ineligible. So why are they sending me the offer. Very annoying and poor customer experience.

• Larry94044
    Larry94044 Member
    Options

renewal

• jacobs
    Options

@Larry94044 I certainly can't guess at how the marketing people at Quicken do what they do, because they often do some pretty illogical things. 😂 But one possibility is whether you might have had at one time more than one Quicken ID, or used a different email address which comes into your current email? In the early days of Quicken Mac, I used a separate Quicken ID for beta testing (a practice they ended years ago). And because I use Gmail, I can have infinite variants of my email address which come to the same email account. So I sometimes get emails from Quicken encouraging me to come back or renew, and when I check the email header, I see they were sent to the old email address I used for testing a long time ago. I should probably try to find out how to get that old email address and Quicken ID deleted, but it hasn't been worth my time to contact Quicken Support to try to do that; I just ignore the irrelevant emails.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9
    Options

btw @GrandmaJo - in your screen capture, at the very top - it has the usual Quicken text indicating the deal is for NEW CUSTOMERS … and then, also as usual, totally confuses us with the “renewal” text -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• GrandmaJo
    GrandmaJo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Nothing in the email said the offer was not for previous users. It just said the offer was also for New customers. Clearly said offer was for me to renew, and they did honor the offer. Usually at the bottom there is a line stating the offer is not for previous users but this email did not have that statement

This discussion has been closed.