Quicken hangs during One Step Update/Errors CC-501/CC-503 [Edited]

Options

Answers

• evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Still happening. Waiting 15 min now for update cycle to end. Why is there no cancel button?

[Removed - Speculation/Inaccurate]

Edit: Update finally finished about 20+ min. Way longer than normal.

• lwclymer
    lwclymer Member ✭✭
    Options

Me to, it seems to keep getting worst, and taking longer. But on the plus side Quicken is go to start charging more for it.

• franks59
    franks59 Member ✭✭
    Options

Fixed yesterday. Semi-broken today.

Yesterday OSU completed but I got CC-501 errors on my Visa accounts.

Today OSU successfully completed but it took 15 minutes.

• cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My direct connect accounts updated quickly. I have 5 EWC or EWC+ accounts and the update took 10 minutes. Very slow but they did update.

• WarEagle612
    WarEagle612 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

• WarEagle612
    WarEagle612 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Still not fixed.

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

• Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Please undo whatever you did to break update. It shouldn't be up to the paying customers to waste time looking for workarounds.

• KernBuckle
    KernBuckle Member ✭✭
    Options

OSU still not updating, 12/29/23

• Tim27
    Tim27 Member
    Options

Same issue. Only resolution is to kill through task manager and try again. That works like 1 of 3 times….started happening a few days ago? Incredibly annoying -

please fix this asap - I’ve got bills to pay and I used to rely on this software

• WarEagle612
    WarEagle612 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

No, you're mistaken. They've said the issue is resolved. Despite all the posts saying it isnt

• evenwe
    evenwe Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issues. One step update takes 20 minutes or more when it used to take a minute or two. This is unacceptable and I hate to consider moving to different software after using it for so many years.

• MadManMoon
    Options

Same issue occurring as of 10:49 AM EST on 29 December.

• EliteCruisesTravel
    Options

Issue not resolved as of 11a.m. EST.. 12/29/23

• keifernny8111
    Options

This is definitely a problem for me today. I've been waiting over 15 minutes and apparently only 3 of my accounts have updated, with the others just saying "updating account". When will this be fixed?

• Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

still staring at the "updating account" screen.
    Seems worse in the mornings, simple Quicken server overload?

• jro45
    jro45 Member
    Options

clearly still not working

• glenn.kazanjian
    Options

I think… ISSUE IS BACK! 12/29/2023

Same as before. OSU hangs for several minutes. A few accounts do update like Fidelity and Vanguard pretty quick but then the rest of my accounts never do. Have to use task manager to kill Quicken process.

I thought maybe it was an issue with particular bank or credit card issuer causing the hang, but all accounts update successfully if I do an individual update one at a time. It's the OSU 'All Accounts" batch feature that is hanging. So, problem seems to be with Quicken and not with any particular financial institution quicken is connecting to. Nothing new as this is the same behavior from the start of the issue being reported earlier this week. Please fix. Running Quicken Classic Deluxe - vR53.32 b27.1.53.32 on Windows 10 22h2

• sfrolls01
    sfrolls01 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still have the same problems today. 12/29/23

• Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Options

It is still broken as of 12/29 1055 EST.

• RDA
    RDA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Having the same problem. Obviously, not fixed no matter how many times you claim it has. And without any mechanism for stopping a One Step Update, what are your users supposed to do?

P.S. That Quicken should not work properly the day after I received a notice of a price increase is an irony not lost on this user.

• NJ Bob
    NJ Bob Member
    Options

12/28 10:55 AM Eastern Standard Time ——- problem still exists. My update is hanging!

• gmason94
    gmason94 Member ✭✭
    Options

The 'slow' update and receiving a CC-501 message issue claims to be fixed as of 12/28. As of this morning (12/29) I still see the error.

Anyone else?

• stgordley
    stgordley Member ✭✭
    Options

I continue to have issues with express connect accounts. I tried to deactivate EWC and reconnect to use web connect based on Quicken instructions but it just goes back to EWC. Frustrating this activity now takes either +10 minutes or never completes at all.

• friedman_nir
    friedman_nir Member ✭✭
    Options

I am experiencing this issue as of 12/29/23 at 11 am although One Step Update has been working without incident through earlier today (I did not see the problems reported by others as of the past few days until just now).

Is anyone else having the same issue (I can only assume the issue was either not resolved for everyone or just returned)?

• pattelbert
    pattelbert Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Just to add one voice, one institution appears to be updating, another institution does not.

And yeah, been using Quicken since 1988 and am kinda actively looking for a replacement that works. Not too happy with the subscription.

• Joseph Simanek
    Options

This is an issue for me as well and is still happening today.

• recursor1
    Options

Yep, still happening for me too.

• Timburon
    Timburon Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I am having the same issue and according to Quicken, they resolved it yesterday. [Removed - Rant/Speculation]

• David Fash
    David Fash Member ✭✭
    Options

One Step Update is still hanging for me, specifically Capital One, Chase and Discover.

• vbtate
    vbtate Member ✭✭
    Options

Nope, problem still exists. One-Step Update hangs (Win 10 22H2 current on all patches, latest version/build Quicken Classic Deluxe R53.32), eventually crashing with 501 errors on multiple institutions. Instititutions with Direct Connect still work - any chance you could bring that version back? Nothing but slow update performance and other problems since its introduction.

This discussion has been closed.