Quicken hangs during One Step Update/Errors CC-501/CC-503 [Edited]

Options

Answers

• Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Much better results this morning at 7:17 MT. OSU completed in under 2 minutes, faster than I've ever seen it.

----Quicken User since 1998 ----

• Arthurc
    Arthurc Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken update to R53.32, this morning, one step update hangs after clicking continue as in Michael Rosen's dialog capture previously for connecting to Intuit. Citi accounts indicate complete, yet no data. No other accounts (Chase, USB, Schwab) will update as it freezes. Seems to hang with Other Services "Update Bills" with requesting (which I have none). Let run for 15 minutes with no resolution. Tried updating only USB account, same dialog appears for connecting to Intuit, then hangs without processing. Problem is with Intuit connection.

• Dena Heathman
    Options

Much better for me this morning at 6:53 Pacific time. OSU took about 4 minutes which is pretty normal, vs 20-30 the last few days. No error messages this time.

• awf184
    awf184 Member ✭✭
    Options

Speed is only part of the issue. I'm getting no downloads from a number of institutions and your message that indicates my account may have been deleted or affected by a recent restoration from backup. Neither of those actions were performed. The accounts updated fine the day before Christmas and not on the day after. Some are returning but far from all. I've been sending reports and screen shots every day so you have all my info. As I wrote earlier, this is a VERY BAD time of the year (tax year) for this problem to be happening!! Please stop attributing it all to speed!

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Philip107 , @NotACPA - Regarding Quicken suddenly shutting down on you: Do you think that perhaps this is something Hot Fix R53.32 is about?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• daspas23x
    Options

I'm unable to download my Discover Card transactions using One Step Update. This issue started recently. How / when will this problem be resolved? I use Quicken Classic Deluxe on an annual subscription basis.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I ran OSU on 4 data files today and they all completed quickly (each completed in just under 2 minutes) with lots of new transactions downloaded.

In fact, for me Quicken normally completes OSU in the 2-1/2 to 3 minutes range but today OSU completed in each of those data files in less than 2 minutes. I haven't seen that kind of OSU performance in at least a couple of years. I sure hope this is a permanent improvement.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I had the same issue yesterday with a couple of accounts. I ended up doing Reset Account on them and that resolved the download issue for them. Maybe that will fix it for you, too?

Before you do Reset Account, if you have not already done it, you might want to enter and save the Opening Balance transaction dollar amounts for those accounts into the Memo field. Doing Reset Account changed the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount for one of my accounts and it was very easy to fix since I had previously entered the correct amount into the Memo field.

• sfrolls01
    sfrolls01 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I sent a message this morning to Quicken CEO about the ongoing problems with OSU. Here is his reply.

I am sorry about the OSU problems.  We have been seeing “morning slowness” in OSU for the last three days and been working to correct it.  It’s our problem, not Intuit’s nor that of the FIs this time.

Wednesday we added 33% to our AWS server capacity, and then another 33% on Thursday.  This morning, we found a new bottleneck in our categorization service and are addressing that.

I can’t promise that we have the problem completely licked, but we have have a bunch of capable people working on this and as of 10am PT, systems were back to normal.

xxxx xxxx

CEO

Quicken Inc.

• RainMan22
    RainMan22 Member ✭✭
    Options

All of my accounts updated as usual this morning - Fidelity (Direct Connect) is still almost instantaneous, Citi, and others take 3-4 minutest to complete, which was normal before this latest issue.

Thanks

• Robert Sheran
    Robert Sheran Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Wow! Read responses and it appears I exposed a nerve. My update: Today my OSU process seemed to complete within reasonable time ~ 1 min. I was thinking that this problem may be related interface dynamics between DC and EWC and Quicken/Intuit servers and, not related to Quicken application. The posts here seem to validates that. Seems like Quicken is not out of the woods resolving their OSU interface issues with 3rd party server providers. Hope this does not become a long term issue like the BECU fiasco which lasted for months…

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Where did you find this? The last update on the OSU alert is 12/29.

I checked for updates and there are none. Are hotfixes supposed to be downloaded manually?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

It is in the Annoucement for R53.XX per post dated 12/21/2023: Windows R53.XX Release (US).

R53.32 is now in general release. You should be able to update to it from within Quicken (Help > Check for Updates). Or you can download and install the Manual Patch (which is my preference) from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product.

I haven't updated to it, yet, because I have not been having any application errors or crash issues. But if/when that happens I will update to it.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac Could be … but I'm uncertain.

It's not quite 2pm, my time. I just now upgraded to R53.32 and ran an OSU without problem/crash.

BUT, I also ran a Scheduled Update at 7am this morning … and it didn't crash either. That was still on the Build that previously crashed on me.

SO, it's not apparent to me that it was the update that fixed the issue.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thanks for passing this along. I seem to recall at one time being infomed that this was an Intuit cause but I must have been mistaken about that. It is good to see Quicken taking responsibility for it and also saying something about what they have been doing to address the issue. It sure would be nice if the posted Alerts for all other issues would be as informative and forthcoming is this message was from the CEO.

Also, all that added server capacity might be the reason why I and others have noticed that OSU speed has shown some significant improvement today vs what has been observed in the past. A good thing for sure.

• awf184
    awf184 Member ✭✭
    Options

1600 Eastern Standard Time: Some institutions still failing. Sent you screen shots via the OSU link on the Summary.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ah, I overlooked the date. I'm already on that update. Thx.

• Arthurc
    Arthurc Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken update to R53.32, on 12/29/23, trying one step update updates, getting this dialog which I haven't not in the past.

Citi accounts complete then, I get the add account dialog for connecting to intuit, click continue, then OSU grays out and all other accounts simply indicate waiting (all are Web Express connect + accounts, OSU for update bills is perpetual requesting. Locked out of Quicken at this point. The circle icons are spinning for update bills and the overall OSU progress.
    Checking task manager, quicken is using between 2 and 4% CPU however, disk or network activity is zero with an very occasional disk activity for a couple of seconds. Only way to exit is to use task manager.
    I have tried updating only one account, same dialog appears for connecting to Intuit, then hangs without processing.
    Let it run for over half an hour with no change in update process.

Also attempted to a reset for one account. Everything worked fine until it wanted to download transaction, when once again the above dialog appears and after continue it hangs and no transaction downloads.

Tried support and all they want to do is say the file is bad. Moved it, validated it, can preform all other operations but OSU. This dialog and problems only occurred after the R53.32 update. It appears to me it's the dialog for intuit connection and WEC+ not working properly.

At a loss, waiting for full resolution as it appears I can't reestablish downloads.

• awf184
    awf184 Member ✭✭
    Options

This reflects exactly what I'm getting from this and several other institutions that used to work fine!!

• RWG4H&B
    RWG4H&B Member
    Options

I have not seen any updates or resolution status in 4 days. Does anyone know the current status ??

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

It seems that there are still issues with Quicken's servers. Sometimes I can successfully run OSU and Update Now. Other times I get prompts to sign in with the Quicken ID & PW (which is happening a lot over the last few days). Other times I get error messages that the server/Cloud Account cannot be contacted and to try again in an hour. When I try again in an hour I will get the sign in prompt and maybe it will work or maybe it will given me the server issue. With patience, I am eventually able to get a good connection and my accounts will then update properly but it can be time consuming (to repeatedly try to connect) and it certainly is frustrating.

It would really be nice to get an update to the Alert (UPDATED 12/29/23 One Step Update Issues) now that the holidays are over. The last update was posted was on 12/29…another update is needed.

• RWG4H&B
    RWG4H&B Member
    Options

Thank you for your response. I agree that a formal update is needed. Usually when the community chatter stops the problem is resolved and what is left are the self-inflicted errors from trying different workarounds. Hello, Quicken, A FORMAL UP-DATE would go a long way.

• nimbus109
    nimbus109 Member
    edited January 3
    Options

Seems Qucken support is non existent via phone. I have multiple accounts and the last update from my accounts were 09/23 and 06/23. This is unacceptable. [Removed - No Soliciting]

• Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken has posted that this issue is resolved.

RESOLVED 1/2/24 One Step Update Issues

But there's no explanation of what the root cause was which would bring a lot of comfort to those of us that understand the world of tech. So, how did you really fix it or put a band aid on it? Will it happen again?

----Quicken User since 1998 ----

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I saw the update and tried a OSU. About 10 minutes in, with just one account marked complete, and having been prompted for OTP's for three accounts, I got the dialog to "Add Account" again and now it's hung with a dimmed screen again.

• sfisher899
    sfisher899 Member
    Options

This is still an issue. My desktop hangs on the cloud sync and have to manually terminate the application. Data manually entered on the mobile app is not syncing to the desktop. Please provide a fix asap!

• Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

My OSU hung on "Update Bills" for about 10 minutes. I waited it out, and it finally completed with no errors.

Server capacity is an issue. Please use AI that will add virtual capacity as needed.

This discussion has been closed.