• Wichita Lineman
    Wichita Lineman Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Off Topic]

• edgy04
    edgy04 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken hung when I attempted to update "All accounts". If I updated the accounts one at a time, it succeeded. That may be a workaround.

• mikeamor
    mikeamor Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

[Removed - Disruptive/Rant]

• William Heise
    William Heise Member ✭✭✭
    Options

When I went to update early yesterday morning, there was a warning that the update was having a problem, so may be wait. I updated later in the day yesterday with no problem. Today (12/2/8/23 11:32 AM EST) update is hanging. Just adding my two cents.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hung for awhile yesterday AM, but eventually finished successfully. Was OK late last night. Hung his morning, ending in CC-501 errors. Looks like whatever the problem is, its being exacerbated by load. I would guess that until it's fixed, the best chance for success will be to run OSU during off-hours (very early AM, late PM).

• mdross171
    mdross171 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ticket #10694813 Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but I've been able to get around the One Step Update by launching 'Download transactions' for each online account.

Quicken needs to resolve this issue. We pay good money each year. I'm a long time Quicken user and for the first I'm starting to look elsewhere.

• loridow
    loridow Member ✭✭
    Options

This is unfortunately not working for my main Wells Fargo checking. There are a couple of days of transactions that should be posting but are not. I pay for this service so I don't have to manually enter a bunch of stuff to know how much money is in each account. Frustrating.

• bmyers33
    bmyers33 Member ✭✭
    Options

I found a workaround by running OSU the first time and letting it "hang", closing out of quicken, and then re-opening quicken and running OSU a second time when it finishes in just a few moments. (I validate the file before running OSU the second time.) This has worked for me for all accounts, and just for a single account. It's as if the data downloads the first time and then gets "stuck". I agree with the previous comments that Quicken needs to fix this asap. Hope this helps.

• mrickman
    mrickman Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Off Topic]

• pfrose2101
    pfrose2101 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The following financial institutions have failed on 12/27 and 12/28/23 (as of 11AM CST); American Express, Chase, Discover Bank, E-Trade Bank, and PayPal. Running Quicken R53.32 and Windows 11 Pro. Update finally completes after 15 minutes or so and returns CC-501 errors for the above institutions.

• JB_105
    JB_105 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic]

• rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm experiencing the same thing. All accounts using Direct Connect work just fine. All those using EWC or EWC+ hang. This information should narrow the focus in determining the root cause.

• franks59
    franks59 Member ✭✭
    Options

There is a post from Quicken here:

There's no way to respond to that post but the problem persists with me.

• Michael Sayre
    Options

I use Quicken in Windows 11. I have Quicken release R53.32.

I restored my main Quicken file from a backup on December 12. I cannot recall if I performed a One Step Update at that time or not. I was seeking to fix an issue involving many duplicate transactions that I had accidently imported from a QIF file.

I returned to use Quicken again on Dec 25. On that day, I received a number of CC-800 errors for accounts at Chase Bank under both my and my spouse's user IDs. I also saw similar errors for a Bank of America credit card and an American Express credit card.

I followed instructions to reset the accounts. During that process, I reauthorized each of the affected financial institutions. I noted that some of the accounts online were not linked to the correct accounts in Quicken. I had to fix this particularly for the Chase accounts. Eventually, all seemed to be downloaded and working properly.

Then on Dec 27, I again did a One Step Update. Several accounts again failed to download any transactions so I repeated the process to reauthorize accounts.

Today, on Dec 28, I again noted that transactions did not download from Chase or American Express. This time I watched the One Step Update process more carefully. None of the accounts from Amex, Bank of America, Charles Schwab, Chase (x 2), Citibank, or Health Equity showed any evidence of successfully downloading by turning on a green light icon. All use Express Web Connect. Accounts at Fidelty (x 2), Voya, and Vanguard worked fine. Those latter accounts use Direct Connect. The One Step Update process completes with no error messages.

What is the next step to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks.

• martyw47
    martyw47 Member ✭✭
    Options

This is resolved for some of my accounts, including one Schwab account. I'm still getting the error on another Schwab account.

• hoomans
    hoomans Member ✭✭
    Options

It seems to be working better now

• franks59
    franks59 Member ✭✭
    Options

Since my last post, the errors with Citi Visa and Chase Visa have been resolved.

• dvmdoc
    dvmdoc Member ✭✭
    Options

I have 2 Fidelity accounts: brokerage and credit card. The OSU prompted the "Add Account" screen as shown above in this thread which worked for the brokerage account yet the Credit Card (Cash rewards) account dumps out with the dreaded CC-501 error. For that account, in the "Account Details/General" tab it lists the financial institution as "zzz-Fidelity Rewards CC" yet there's no way to edit/delete it. Hope the mods are watching this thread and can offer some guidance.

• wenglish
    wenglish Member ✭✭
    Options

Seems working (for me), currently.

• Michael Sayre
    Options

I ended up calling Quicken technical support. At the suggestion of the support tech, I deactivated all of the accounts that used Express Web Connect. I then went through the process of re-establishing a connection for each financial institution. This seems to have resolved the problem I was having. If it happens again, I will add a new comment.

• Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I've seen other posts about this issue. QUICKEN you need to fix this, don't make this OUR problem and tell us we need to delete and start all over. EVERYTIME I do that I lose transactions and my transactional history gets lost or messed up. You should see all the placeholders I had to put in account files just to make them balance with my bank. I've got 10+ years of transactions and I'm not going to lose more.

• bozoman
    bozoman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm seeing that Express Web Connect accounts eventually seem to connect, but it takes about 10 minutes instead of 30 seconds like it used to work. Something is still not working for me.

• waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OSU still hangs here also! 12/29/23 9.58 EST

• DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My OSU is still very slow…. It eventually finishes, but one file I have with just 4 accounts takes 15+ minutes hanging on updating account. I see the quicken support team feels this issue from a couple of days ago is resolved, but I don't think it has gotten any better.

• raw32726
    raw32726 Member
    Options

Same issue for me, plus now after my year end backup, all my accounts are no longer showing up in one step update. I had to restore a backup and now the one step update is not downloading any new transactions at all.

• billjanine4
    billjanine4 Member ✭✭
    Options

10:13 am est on December 29th and the problem is sill present. Update has been running for over 30 minutes with aprox. 25 complete, the rest "updating account"

• Slim2
    Slim2 Member ✭✭
    Options

10694813 I too am having issues updating any transactions from charge card accounts that show a yellow key next to the account on the One Step Update screen (those are the Express Web Connect + accounts). I try one at a time, in a few seconds they act like the download worked (it says One Step Update complete), but when you go to the account, nothing new is showing. Accounts that don’t have the yellow key still do download new transactions correctly.

• JMcGreevey
    Options

one step update is broken, no specific errors - just never completes - what is going on ??

• Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I to am experiencing an extremely long One Step Update. It doesn't appear to be with Direct Connect Accounts only those that Quicken has moved to their Express Web Connect, which has always been a bit slow but never like this. It eventually completes but after about 10 minutes or so.

----Quicken User since 1998 ----

This discussion has been closed.