Merrill Lynch - OL-294 (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• johnnypkg
    johnnypkg Member ✭✭
    Options

still having issue now 4 days,,,,,,any resolution??

• barrymil
    barrymil Member
    Options

Still receiving the merrill lynch OL-294-A code when attempting to One Step Update. 9:25 am 01/06/24

• Lance W.
    Lance W. Member ✭✭
    Options

Successful One Step Update on 1/6 am on Quicken for Mac. Quicken for Windows continues to generate the OL-294-A.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ugh. After 4 or 5 successful connections last night, I'm back to getting the OL-294 error this morning. I guess they're working on it but haven't gotten it quite right yet.

• Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    Options

Yep…I'm still getting the OL-294-A error this morning. 5 days now…..

This is a known error and Quicken has stated they are working on it, with no estimated date for a fix.

• MsLiz
    MsLiz Member
    Options

I am having same issue; however it is only happening with my IRA accounts with Merrill. I have a trust account that uses the same login and it updates.

• Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is Quicken's Ticket Number: (Ticket #10716363/CTP-8644)

The post admitting the problem is here:

• DKJ
    DKJ Member ✭✭
    Options

Four days, still no fix?

• jtashiro
    jtashiro Member ✭✭
    Options

It would be great to get some feedback from Quicken on their progress to restore this issue. It doesnt appear to be Merrill Lynch specific issue as I am seeing Chase, Bank of America, and other financial sites failing with NO ERROR messages. At least Merrill connection indicates an error…

• Double0
    Double0 Member ✭✭
    Options

January 6 now, and still not working.

• rschneid168
    rschneid168 Member
    Options

Started 1/3/2024. Still happening on 1/6/24. Other downloads to other banks and FI are working fine. Issue appears to be connections with Merrill Lynch Investments/Merrill Edge. Quicken/ML support…please get this fixed!

• bob323
    bob323 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken - PLEASE raise the severity of this issue to the highest level. Your Quicken community of subscribers is getting increasingly concerned about the slowness in repairing this very important (to many subscribers) Quick Connect issue!

• bob323
    bob323 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken - one of the primary reasons we users subscribed to Quicken was the One Step Update commitment/specs. Unfortunately, it's not working for at least two of my business Accounts - Merrill Edge and Capital One! I've spent countless hours with Quicken Support to resolve the issues with no success! And both Merrill Edge and Capital One customer support state that it appears to be a Quicken issue! If true, Quicken you own the issue and we subscribers would appreciate it if you would not only resolve the One Step Update myriad of issues, but also educate your Quicken Support staff on what the issue resolutions are so that they can guide us customers without having to spend hours on the telephone! Nuff is nuff! If this isn't fixed sooner than later, I'll have to revert back to Excel as my primary system!

• lauer1508@gmail.com
    Options

I can't get it to connect to my Capital One credit card account and haven't been able to for days, despite submitting error reports. Tried de-linking and reauthorizing, Capital One says it's reauthorizing and redirecting back to Quicken and I get the same error message. Would very much appreciate some notion when this will be fixed.

• JSS
    JSS Member ✭✭
    Options

Is they're an alternative program to Quicken Microsoft money used to be one but it's no longer available these problems with Quicken are getting to be way too common and for communication is ridiculous if service is this bad how can we trust their security

• PMinkin
    PMinkin Member ✭✭
    Options

Also getting the OL-294-A error on Merrill Lynch accounts for One Step Update. Quicken for Windows. Using downloads to Quicken as a workaround.

• bob323
    bob323 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken - please escalate the resolution of this Merrill/One Step Update issue to a higher priority! It's been going on for days!

• DKJ
    DKJ Member ✭✭
    Options

Five days - not fixed.

• Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue. How long does it take to fix an issue like this? It would be nice to get updates from Tech support on a daily basis since this is impacting so many users.

• Peter Clayton
    Peter Clayton Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue. Downloading QFX file from Merrill online and performing a file import in Quicken appears to work well in the meantime. However, the Community Alert shows absolutely no update and nothing that indicates any ongoing activity to resolve this known issue. Acknowledging the issue is the first step, but the next step of alerting users regarding the progress of issue resolution should begin WELL BEFORE day 4 following the initial reporting of the issue!

• kbrin
    kbrin Member ✭✭
    Options

I've just sent a message to the CEO of Quicken through the website. It is totally unacceptable that: (1) Quicken has major (>1 week) outages with two major financial institutions (Schwab and Merrill Lynch) within a 1 year period; (2) the Quicken IT staff seem not to be monitoring these connections given that the first notice was on the Community boards, not within the program itself; (3) terrible communication with the end user with respect to providing updates, details of the cause, and a definitive expected date of resolution; (4) no ongoing updates to keep us notified of progress. Do they have IT staff working on the weekends to resolve the issue? Fortunately, the work-around (downloading the QFX files) works reliably at present. And two suggestions: (1) Rather than providing an "OL-294-A" error message, the program might provide more detail that a widespread problem has occurred with more detail about the issue; and (2) Quicken might consider a "service guarantee" that would provide a partial refund to its paying users for periods that the program unable to fulfill its commitment, particularly for failures lasting more than a week.

• JSS
    JSS Member ✭✭
    Options

Totally agree and support

History of radio Silence and no customer service with respect to significant software and connection problems and no attempting to resolve or keep frustrated users informed

I treated treated my customers this way I'd be out of business

Wish there was an alternative

• me
    me Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I think the issue is on the ML side but quicken could say that and pass along our feedback to ML.

At its core Quicken is only a useful product if the banks cooperate. I think Quicken and even the Quicken loyaltists here forget that.

• pgavon
    pgavon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just my 2 cents — I am experiencing the same issue with Merrill. This problem reminds of a similar issue with Charles Schwab some time back where users could not get downloads. What I learned through that experience is that it is very difficult for quicken users to have insight on who is to "blame" when these issues arise. Specifically, system changes made at the Investment Company (ie. Merrill) may not be coordinated with Quicken and then the problems arise. So Quicken has to track down what changes were made and correct the interface. I have traded e-mails with the President of Quicken several times in the past and found him to be highly engaged and he cares about the Quicken users. I'm pretty sure he knows about this issue and is working with his team to solve it. The last thing I have learned being a 25+ year Quicken user is that there is no other personal finance software in the market that can do what Quicken does. So while Quicken does have its issues from time to time, it is still the best system out there and they continue to develop it.

• Double0
    Double0 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue but a few days ago Quicken deleted my Bank of America investing accounts! Too many problems with Quicken now. I wish someone would come out with an alternate product.

Come on Microsoft do it.

• dweiss2589
    dweiss2589 Member
    Options

Thanks for all the comments about inability to update since 1/1/24. I will wait for Quicken to find the bug and remedy this problem for all of us. There are too many institutions involved to believe they all made mistakes when there is an obvious solution in Quicken.

• A-Lo
    A-Lo Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here — three different Merrill Lynch Investment accounts: OL-294-A Quicken is unable to complete your request. Please try again later.

• MCirone
    MCirone Member
    Options

Same error, OL-294 - I reported 1/4/24

How long will it take you folks to figure this out??

• Dmill
    Dmill Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue since 1/2!

• TrinaGolds
    TrinaGolds Member
    Options

ANY UPDATE? Escalation is good but problem is now a week old.

This discussion has been closed.