Merrill Lynch - OL-294 (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• me
    me Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've reported the error to Merrill who acknowleged it as a known issue. That is a good first step.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nice that you got thru to someone at ML who had a bit of knowledge. I called twice yesterday, and they just transferred me to Quicken.

• jdparker225
    jdparker225 Member ✭✭
    Options

My post was, I think, incorrectly merged with this thread. My post had to do with a temporarily overloaded condition that was shown in the connection log. There was no OL-294-A error reported. Are we sure that my problem, although with the same financial institution, is the same? If so, how do we now that? What does the connection log show for the other cases in this thread?

I also, my post notes that no numbered error code was shown. What about that? That's a pure Quicken issue.

And what about the financial institution showing up in the one step update settings menu as "Merrill Lynch Investments: error recovery".

Thanks

Jim

• jtashiro
    jtashiro Member ✭✭
    Options

Same error with both Merrill Edge and Bank of America for past 2 days. Fidelity works fine however …

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4
    Options

@jdparker225

I don't think your post was incorrectly merged. I see the temp overload message in my connection log. The ML error recovery message is, as you surmised, due to the fact that that the last attempted connection to ML didn't complete. Can't explain why the OSU window keeps quitting, but if it didn't, I'm pretty sure you'd see the OL-294 error. That's a separate, but possibly related problem.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you, @Quicken Anja!

• Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same Problem - getting OL-294 A errors since Jan 1 trying to download Merrill Lynch accounts in the Update process. Also running currently updated Quicken Deluxe R53.32 and Build 27.1.53.32

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had been using Express Web Connect with both my BofA and Merrill Lynch accounts for years!

Today, the Merrilsl account is giving me an error: During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online error [OL-294-A].

The last working download was 1/1/2024.

I reset the account - no luck!

Tried to reactivate the account - no luck.

Called Merrill support. The agent was not aware that they supported Quicken! I showed the agent how to perform a manual download and that works.

I reported the error to Quicken Support via the "Report a problem…" drop down.

Has anyone else seen this? If so, any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks.

Tom

• ASquare
    ASquare Member ✭✭
    edited January 4
    Options

Same issue here - OL-294-A. I submitted the Error Report to Quicken. Other financial institutions work fine. I guess we just have to wait for Merrill Lynch to fix the issue.

• Pumbu
    Pumbu Member ✭✭
    Options

Yep, me too.

• Pumbu
    Pumbu Member ✭✭
    Options

Do you mind sharing the contact information for the person at Merrill?

• me
    me Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I reported it to my wealth management group at ML who reported it up the chain.

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    Options

Getting the same error

• cutlermleeex
    cutlermleeex Member
    Options

Error Code OL-294

I am having the same problems as my follow users. It has only occurred after the last and most recent update.

• jtashiro
    jtashiro Member ✭✭
    Options

Having problems with Chase and Bank of America downloads as well - there is no response code (Error or Success), just 'Waiting' message, then nothing. This is similar to Merrill Edge in that the download doesn't work, but worse in that it is not reported as an Error. Are others seeing this issue as well?

• ashorn.gi@gmail.com
    ashorn.gi@gmail.com Unconfirmed
    Options

OL-294-A with Merrill for 2 days. No problem with edge log on.

• barrymil
    barrymil Member
    Options

Quicken Anja, any new updates on the Merrill Lynch OL-294-A updating issues with Quicken?

• Chaz Antonelli
    Options

Same problem. Getting VERY tired of Quicken not fixing these issues!!

• Todd Sirota
    Todd Sirota Member
    Options

The problem seems to be with Quicken, not Merrill. I can manually download new transactions. My Merrill account in Quicken identified 2 new transactions but would not display. Closing the software and re-opening corrected this; but still getting an error message in Quicken.

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Merrill used Direct Connect which is basically what it is.

This means it is a Merrill problem and they will need to fix it.

• cwpomeroy
    cwpomeroy Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue as everyone else here. I notice from another post that they were able to download new transactions using an export and then import into quicken. Are we safe doing this or will it muck up (i.e. duplicates, etc)?

• jdparker225
    jdparker225 Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried the export/import from ML and it worked. Should not result in duplicates when one step update is restored. This is based on previous experiences where one step update stopped working for a while and I had to resort to export/import from financial institution.

• boulderwise
    boulderwise Member ✭✭
    Options

so turns out if you try 'resetting' download connection - nothing happens.

If you disconnect from ML and then try to add download services anew, Quicken hangs with this:

and the quicken process has to be killed via the task manager.
    FYI -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

so turns out if you try 'resetting' download connection - nothing happens.

It has been my personal experience that "Reset" does nothing when the connection type is Direct Connect. It does do something if the connection type is Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect +.

I suggest that people stop trying to "fix the problem" in Quicken because the problem isn't in Quicken! All you are going to do at the most is make the problem worse.

Download the Web Connect/QFX file and import that for a workaround until Merrill Lynch fixes their problem.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • t257daf
    t257daf Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here. Sent error report and sanitized files yesterday.

• Meebers
    Meebers Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem for me the last several days. Did validate &* Super validate no joy. Will not allow me to Reset Account. An update try just tells me an error has occurred. "Your last online session was not completed. Do you want to try again before exiting"

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5
    Options

Successfully connected multiple times this evening beginning at 11:15ET. Hopefully, that's the end of it.

• Dave Haught
    Dave Haught Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still not working for me as of 1/6/24 @ 6:40AM

• Ed V
    Ed V Member ✭✭
    Options

Not working for me at 1/6/2024 7:38 AM

This discussion has been closed.