Has anyone else noticed that Find is very broken?

Options

I used Quicken Find to search for Nitecore NU06. To see when i purchased it. Well in R54.16 it found 8923 transactions. WTH?, I only bought one. It appears from the results it found every transaction with a 6 in it.

Can someone explain why Find has been broken and fixed so many times? And is STILL broken.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Lee Boszak,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

The issue you describe is a bug that has already been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release. If you would like to contribute to the investigation, please go to Help>Report a Problem and send a problem report with the log files attached. Please reference CTP-8252.

Thank you!

(CTP-8252)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Workaround by searching any field except amount. You may also need to just search Nitecore.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It seems most numerics in the global search will produce inaccurate results.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Lee Boszak
    Lee Boszak Member ✭✭
    Options

That produces 37 results, none of which contains the NU06 that I was looking for. Strange?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Again, search for JUST NiteCore … without any numerics

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Lee Boszak
    Lee Boszak Member ✭✭
    Options

I did, and as I stated, it found 37 entries but not the one i was looking for, (it was there but hidden in a split transaction). On this PC which has R44.28 I find that the entry that has NU06 does not have Nitecore on the same split but does have it on another line in the split transaction.

Find in R44.28 appears to work as it should but sometime after it was broken in later updates.

This discussion has been closed.