Citi Banking going to EWC+?

Options
mrzookie
mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭

Beginning this afternoon, when launching OSU, I'm getting a prompt that Citi Banking (checking, savings, NO credit cards listed) is going to a new connection method (which I assume is EWC+). There is a button to "reauthorize".

I've not read anything about this before. Anyone else getting the message? If yes, have you gone ahead with it and how did it go? I've got 5 accts there and, given past history with transitioning to EWC+, I'm a little hesitant to jump right into it.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is the first I have heard about it, but given citibank's history with Express Web Connect failing all the time, maybe it is a good thing.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @mrzookie,

To answer your question, yes, Citi is migrating to EWC+. The optional migration started on the 17th of this month. Since it is currently optional, you do not have to immediately jump to the new connection method, but if you need to reset or add a new account, then you will need to go through the new connection process to get the account connected/reconnected.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the info, @Quicken Kristina. Any idea how long until it becomes mandatory? If possible, I'd like to get through tax filings before making the transition.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Sorry for the delayed response,

The mandatory cutover was planned for mid-February, but I have not been able to get a specific date, and there's a chance that it may get pushed back due to the migration issues people are encountering.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer.

Quicken Kristina

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Quicken Kristina. Tell 'em to take all the time they need to get it right.

• Dhinla
    Dhinla Member ✭✭
    Options

I only have Citi credit cards, no other banking… will those accounts also be moving to EWC+?

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I went through the process over a week ago for my Citi banking (no credit cards). I was expecting the worst (my Citi checking account has had a lot of manual adjustments over the years due to the problem where Quicken changes the opening balance). Two of my 4 accounts were mismatched, both of which I corrected during the re-authorization process. Everything was fine - no wrong balances, no duplicate transactions and all downloading fine. This afternoon (Thur 2/8), I began getting a new screen to re-authorize Citi. Its not the same dialog, and unlike the first one, it doesn't list the accounts its referring to. I have a Costco Visa which is operated by Citi and I'm wondering if its referring to that account. I'm currently using it with Direct Connect and don't want to lose that connection if I can avoid it, but the dialog says I only have until Feb 14th to re-authorize. Anyone else getting this new prompt? FYI, I'm still on r53.32.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Dhinla,

If your Citi credit cards are connected via Direct Connect, then you should not have to move to EWC+ unless you want to. If they're connected via Express Web Connect, then you will be prompted to migrate the accounts to the new connection method. To check how your accounts are connected, go to Tools>Account List. In the Transaction Download column, it will show you the connection method your accounts are using.

@mrzookie,

You should not have to migrate accounts connected by Direct Connect. Are you able to provide a screenshot of the prompt you are seeing? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

I thought it was unusual because, as I wrote in my last post, I already successfully re-authorized and converted all my Citi EWC accounts to EWC+. The prompt has stopped appearing, but if it pops up again I'll take a screen shot and post it.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.