Citi Upgrade

Options

I Just received another notice to upgrade the Citi connection. I have the Costo Citi Visa. The upgrade still does not work. Once signed in I get a blank screen. When I refresh I get an error page telling me that the connection failed and to try again later. This needs to be finally corrected if we are yo go to a direct connection.

Comments

• iewagner30
    iewagner30 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here. Very disappointed in Quicken as it appears to work on Citi's end but Quicken just "spins".

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Bob Sarley and @iewagner30,

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cjhelga
    cjhelga Member
    Options

This is what I get when I try to log into my Citi account from Quicken.

• Bob Sarley
    Bob Sarley Member ✭✭
    Options

Jasmine, see above. That is the error I get as well. Quicken has failed so far on this upgrade. Putting an end date of February 14th, if you do not upgrade is very premature as the upgrade fails.

• squarenerd
    squarenerd Member ✭✭
    Options

I receive a slightly different error but no details at all.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've already re-authorized my Citi banking account a week or so ago. I'm wondering if this one is referring to my Citi Costco Visa. The last announcement listed the accounts it was referring to. This one does not. Can anyone confirm?

• Bob Sarley
    Bob Sarley Member ✭✭
    Options

I did refer to my Costco Citi Visa in the original post. Also, what browser did you use to authorize?

• Bob Sarley
    Bob Sarley Member ✭✭
    Options

Update: I use Brave as my web browser. I removed "Shields" from Citi and was able to reauthorize. Doing so did not change me to Direct Connect. I then deleted my Costco Citi account and reinstalled. I was able to do this and again reauthorized. Still I am using Web Connect+. Reauthorization did not change me to Direct Connect. However, now when I go to update accounts I am not asked to reauthorize. So basically I am back where I started before Quicken notified us of the change to Direct Connect.

I again ask Quicken to fix this!!

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use Chrome. The reauthorization process changed my Citi banking accounts (checking, savings) from EWC to EWC+. It did not affect my Costco Visa which is currently on Direct Connect.

Your post is a little confusing because Citi and other institutions are converting their connection methods FROM Direct Connect TO EWC+. If you're already on EWC+, you're where you're supposed to be. Reauthorizing should be something they ask you to do maybe once every year or 2. That's the bank getting your permission to share your data with Quicken.

• Bob Sarley
    Bob Sarley Member ✭✭
    Options

I guess I mis-understood. I thought my Costco Citi would go to Direct Connect. Since it was supposed to go to Web Connect+, I guess I am good and this issue should be closed for now. Although I do not understand why Costco Citi Visa is on Direct Connect, but I am happy that I will have no issues on February 14th.

• byatesFL
    byatesFL Member ✭✭
    Options

I have given Citi permission at least 6 times to share my data with Quicken and every time when I go back to the Quicken window it is just an endless spin and never completes the authorization. I have many emails from Citibank confirming I have given my permission to Quicken.

This is for my Costco Visa from Citi. I use the Chrome browser and I also use Kaspersky for browser and other security on my laptop.

Totally frustrating. Basically I've been unable to download transactions since the first time I tried to re-authorize Quicken. It's been several days.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10
    Options

I have a Costco Anywhere Citi Visa credit card that was already setup on Direct Connect, and it is working fine. I certainly wouldn't change it to Express Web Connect +, which isn't working correctly.

Note that the "window" for going back to Direct Connect once you made the mistake of going to Express Web Connect + has sort of "closed". And if you have more than one Citi credit card that door seems to have been completely closed. If you have other Citi accounts then you have to go to Express Web Connect + for them, but the Direct Connect accounts (which would be credit cards only) can stay on Direct Connect.

So, you are in the situation that you have a Costco Anywhere Citi Visa credit card that has been changed to Express Web Connect + and want to go back to Direct Connect (which is working perfectly for me BTW). The first thing to know is that if you have ANY Citi accounts setup, even for Direct Connect the following will not work. Quicken will still direct you to Express Web Connect + and not Direct Connect. The second thing to know is that you have to use R53.32 or earlier. R54.9 and later will direct you to Express Web Connect +.

To get back to R53.32 you can install it from this page (Once you have the Direct Connect connection working you can go back to the latest version of Quicken if you like):

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has

I'm going to through this process in a file that doesn't have any online accounts (so that no other Citi accounts are setup) so that you can see the process.

Select the + sign on the Account Bar to start the Add Account process:

Type Citi Cards into the text box, and select Advance Options:

Select Continue:

Select Direct Connect and then Next:

This is where you know it is right or wrong. If you see the dialog below, you are setting up for Direct Connect for real. If you are put on a dialog that is going to have you "Sign In" then you are going to get Express Web Connect + not Direct Connect:

Log into Citi Cards and go to this webpage (Profile → More Settings → Manage Desktop Apps) :

https://online.citi.com/US/ag/ofxConsentPage

Select Add Access → Continue

Fill in the User ID and password, check the "Save to password vault" in Quicken's dialog above and select Connect.

You should get this dialog and should be able to link to your existing account:

One the Citi Cards website you can select "Back to Manage Your Desktop Apps" and you should see the connections to Quicken data files there.

You can log off after that.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Another consequence is that if your card account number ever changes due to fraud, you are likely to lose Direct Connect when you de/reactivate that card. Ask me how I know. My file does have 2 Citi cards in it. One remains on DC… for now.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

They really need to fix this, there is no reason why Direct Connect shouldn't work properly even if some of the accounts are setup for Express Web Connect + and certainly if you have more than one Direct Connect account.

Signature:
  • Roy Peek
    Roy Peek Member ✭✭
    Options

Similar issue here, tried two different days this weekend and get the same errors outlined here.

Process everything on the Citi side and then goes back to Quicken that states Authorization fails.

With 02/14/2024 conversation Date Quicken needs to correct the issue on your side or the communications between Quicken / Citi.

Things worked well until we were forced to make changes.

Please instruct us all how to correct so we can continue to utilize the service we subscribe to.

• chemcorr
    chemcorr Member
    Options

The problem persists. It appears that the Citi interface accepts my ID and PW, but the window goes no further into Citi, so it times out in 5'.

Calling Citi produced a process entailing 1) Open a window to Citi.com 2) Profile . More Settings . Security . Manage Desktop Apps . Add Access

3) That opens a 10 minute window in which they grant access for the Desktop software (Quicken in our case). Attempting authorization in that window produces the same result. Perhaps Quicken is presenting credential for Direct Connect, but I can't tell because there are no indications after it goes from "https://auth.citi.com/ASag/oauth2/login" to "https://auth.citi.com/ASag/oauth2/consent"

• squarenerd
    squarenerd Member ✭✭
    Options

I can't even find my profile on the Citi website.

Still the same problem - "Records don't match".

Come on quicken, give us some kind of update here!

• Ted Hovick
    Ted Hovick Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to do the upgrade without any issues. However, only about 50% of the transactions download. I initially thought I had made a mistake in my entries, but now that I am paying attention transactions are clearing on the Citi site, but not downloading to Quicken. So, Quicken's basically useless, and going to the Citi site and manually downloading is more reliable.

• Pam Flaig
    Pam Flaig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Citi wont connect at all. It says "we couldn't get information about Citi, This account will be set up as a manual account"

How can this be resolved?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• squarenerd
    squarenerd Member ✭✭
    Options

I've filed a bug report. Will we be notified when this problem is fixed?

• BlevinsBlinton
    BlevinsBlinton Member ✭✭
    Options

I've captured my failed attempt to set up Citi downloading. All my other banks are working fine. I've attached a *.pdf with the series of screen captures. I also filed a problem report that should correspond to this interaction sequence. Hope this helps.

• squarenerd
    squarenerd Member ✭✭
    Options

When refreshing accounts today I told it to remind me later about Citibank and the connection is still working. I guess a deadline got pushed back.

• dcm08
    dcm08 Member
    Options

I am having a similar problem. I keep authorizing the connection to Citibank. It acts like it goes through and is updating but then there are no transactions loaded.

• Kardinalcc
    Kardinalcc Member ✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW Thank you so much for this workaround. At least I can get my credit card transactions downloaded. I'll wait for the fix to be able to download my banking transactions since Direct Connect is no longer available for Citibank, just Citi Cards.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For what it is worth Citibank never had Direct Connect for their banking accounts, it was Express Web Connect and now Express Web Connect +.

Direct Connect was only available for their credit cards.

Signature:
  • Phil Burton
    Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

When I tried to balance one of my accounts, a window popped up telling me I needed to reauthorize access to my accounts. However, it showed only 2 of my 4 Citi accounts. And the upgrade authorization failed with a -501 error message.

Is it plausible that Quicken rolled out this message to all users, resulting in the servers failing due to too many simultaneous connection requests? (Like a denial of service attack? 😆 )

Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.
  • Kardinalcc
    Kardinalcc Member ✭✭
    Options

Another update today without a fix. It's been over two month, I believe. Wonder if this will ever get fixed….

• edh209
    edh209 Member ✭✭
    Options

We are paying for a service that is not being provided. If I wanted to do manual downloads, there are other programs that I could use. Come on Quicken. This isn't rocket science!

This discussion has been closed.