Citicards direct connect no longer working?

Options
2»

Answers

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Report sent.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW

Probably the best thing to do is export/import the Web Connect/QFX file if you can't get transactions through Express Web Connect +.

I have been looking high and low on the Citi web site and cannot find where to download a QFX. Can you give me a hint where to find it? All I have been able to find is to download a statement as PDF.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited January 21
    Options

[duplicate post deleted]

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

RJS: on citi site, in the account details, there's a down arrow (download) that allows QFX file download:

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

Thank you, @qrad !

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

Bottom line is: If you have a working Citi Cards/Direct Connect connection working leave it alone.!

Unfortunately, I didn't get the choice. I happened to have a new credit card number issued during this debacle. My DC connection would no longer download from the old credit card number. I had to reactivate and am now stuck with EWC+.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have a bit more information after a bit more testing.

With version R54.9 it is a total no go, there isn't any way to setup Direct Connect.

With version R53.32 is possible, but only for one credit card account, and only if it is the first Citi account being setup.

In a data file that didn't have any Citi accounts, it just works as expected for that first Citi Cards/Direct Connect account. If you try a second one, you will only be able to do Express Web Connect + and if you even try going down the Direct Connect path you might just end up with a blank authorization web page (that is what I got).

I only have the one credit card account so I can't test with bank accounts and such, but my best guess is this, once there is any kind of Citi account activated you can't setup Direct Connect (even two Direct Connect accounts).

What did work in my main account is deactivating the Citi Cards/Direct Connect and then setting up again (with R53.32).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I also have 1 Citi card that has always been on direct connect in a file that has been exposed to beta and production versions, now R54.9. In a test file in R54.9 I could select an Advanced, Direct Connect setup but as reported you end up with EWC+ after going thru authorization.

I also noted that previously when Direct Connect was available and EWC was the selected connection method that an "Improve Connection" link was displayed in Account List and Account Details, Online tab that led to the advanced direct setup dialogue. That link is no longer present in R54.9 so it would seem the change was intentional and part of the process of replacing direct connect with EWC+.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would point out something else, this messing up of Direct Connect when the financial institution offers both Direct Connect and is changing some accounts over to Express Web Connect + isn't new. It was reported of Wells Fargo, and it seems to me there was another one, but off the top of my head I can't think of it.

On the other hand, R54.9 seems really put the nail in the coffin, but all accounts based on what the moderators have posted this isn't intentional. To me it seems like another one of those "Well no one really knows how this code works, so we will just have to change things and see how it goes."

Signature:
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW

"Bottom line is: If you have a working Citi Cards/Direct Connect connection working leave it alone.!"

Thanks for the heads up! I figured it was not fully working and I was just lucky.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Is there any new info re this? I still cannot connect to CitiCards with Direct Connect, even though the messages from Quicken re CitiBank connections say that direct connect is not affected.

I disable the citi card account's connection, add account, go to advanced, select Direct Connect, but following the prompts always leads to a Express Web+ Connection, NOT Direct Connect.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11
    Options

See this comment, it has all that I know about it (note click on the date after my username to go to the thread so that you can see the screenshots).

Signature:
  • qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Chris,

I agree with it all. Having reacted to the Quicken messages a while back telling me to re authorize, there is no way to go back. When at that fork in the road, it always goes to the EW+ Sign In, not the Direct Connect screen, so I'm stuck with EW+ for my CitiCards. Not thrilled, but I will live with it unless Quicken/Citi fixes it to let us use DC.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@quad There is a workaround for one and only one Citi Card credit card explained in that thread, but not only will it not get you multiple credit cards on Direct Connect you have to deactivate any other Citi account and go back to the older version of Quicken, so it is a royal pain, and as such yes you are probably better off just living with Express Web Connect + on those accounts if they are working for you.

Signature:
  • qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

And of course, after trying again to get DC, now I get the zero balance online in my checking account (not online in Citi, but in quicken). Happened before, went away after a few days.

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

A month later… is there any update to the Citibank direct connect for credit cards changing to EWC+???

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @qrad,

I recommend bookmarking this Community Alert for updates, when available, on the inability to switch EWC+ accounts back to Direct Connect.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.