Bank of America downloads

Options
Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta

I have been having a problem lately where some transactions are not downloading, but are included in the online balance. The transactions are posted transactions, not pending…It may have been going on since R54.16 was installed but I can't be sure. There is no reason that these transactions should not be downloading…

Quicken B&P R54.16

Windows Pro current

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have had the same problem over about the last week. Just one or two cleared transactions do not match, so I search for them, find them, manually add them and then reconcile so I won't have to spend so much time trying to figure out which random transactions are missing. It is generally no more than one or two transactions at this point. I'm expecting, as usual, that Quicken will ultimately fix this.

• Greg Brown
    edited February 13
    Options

yep, that’s the same issue I’m having.

I’m not as optimistic as you are.

• frjpe
    frjpe Member
    Options

Same issue here

• sullfam1
    sullfam1 Member ✭✭
    Options

dido here too

• cball42
    cball42 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same…

• cball42
    cball42 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue for multiple other financial institutions including Citibank and Amex (credit cards)

• sullfam1
    sullfam1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Maryeason….but this didn't help me at all. I also asked Quicken Jasmine, to elaborate more on how to …..

1. Navigate to Bank of America's website, (https://www.bankofamerica.com/), look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken.

She never got back to me.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @sullfam1,

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with Bank of America's website as I do not have any accounts with them. Due to this, I am unable to elaborate on where you would find this particular setting. I suggest reaching out to Bank of America directly for further assistance on navigating their website. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On the B of A web site, go to Security Center.

Scroll all the way down to find Data Sharing.

Click Review to see the third parties you're sharing data with.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• cyndy
    cyndy Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue but with American Express. I have chatted with a rep that said just to accept the reconcile difference but I want to know why it isn't reconciling. After searching through transactions I have found 5 transactions that did not download into quicken. This is one of my frustrations with quicken as they raise the price. Perhaps it is on Amex end but am I wrong to expect Quicken to figure it out?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I want to point out something to people just in case they don't know. Whereas actions like deactivating/reactivating accounts and "Reset cloud dataset" might get it to download the missing transactions it isn't a "fix". The problem of missing transactions will continue. This is clearly some kind of Express Web Connect/Express Web Connect + problem that is independent of the financial institution, in fact, it is independent of Quicken (the program) since it is also happening to Quicken Mac users.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Greg Brown
    Options

Here is something very interesting. When I downloaded today's transactions for BofA there were several transactions, which had previously NOT downloaded that were on today's downloads. I've hilited them… The date is the "POSTING" date… I had to include them previously to reconcile those dates. They were all marked as reconciled but no posting date. I manually matched them and now they have the proper posting dates.

This discussion has been closed.