Chase transactions not downloading (edit)

Options
TF
TF Member ✭✭✭

Hi,

I saw a notification a few days ago that we need to reauthorize our Chase accounts. However, I notice my Chase account has not been downloading transactions the past few days. I am not getting any error but my one step update is not showing a connection to my Chase account. I have deactivated and activated again but the Chase activity is still not showing?

I have 2 quicken files, one for personal and one for an organization. The personal transactions are downloading but the corporate is not.

Thanks,

Turnando

Comments

• kloach0315
    kloach0315 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have 2 credit cards that always have the correct balance but usually doesn't have all the transitions listed. I tried the "reset account" and "deactivate account" option multiple times. It has worked on occasion but usually doesn't. Then I just give up on Quicken until the next day hoping it will work. I wish Quicken would get their act together and fix this issue, it used to work much better.

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I tried numerous times today deactivating/setup now, deactivating/add new but I still don't see Chase activity in the summary. I also went into Chase and disconnected Quicken but that didn't help. And I also got a strange error in my Chase account in Quicken. Credit transactions became debit and debit transactions became credit. So it messed up the balance. This is the first time I have seen this error. The only way to fix it was to replace existing file with my backup file.

Quicken is great when everything is working. When it breaks, it requires a lot of engineering effort to fix this. That's why I am very hesitant to recommend Quicken to my children who don't have the tech know how to fix this.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Download has been broken for the last 3 days due to some server issue being experienced by the aggregator (Intuit). Some can download and set up accounts but it is very slow…for me OSU is taking 25-30 minutes to complete. Others cannot. For me it has been hit and miss. It affects accounts set up with EWC and EWC+ connection methods. Chase uses the EWC+ connection method. DC connected accounts do not appear to be affected.

This issue has been happening for the last 3 days. Spotty improvements but not lasting improvements.

An Alert has been posted about this issue…click on the "Dec 28, 2023" to see the whole thread. Bookmark it to receive updates.:

There are also several other threads about this issue…click on the date/time to the right of "Boatnmaniac" to view the whole thread. Here is one of them.:

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• kloach0315
    kloach0315 Member ✭✭
    Options

The issue is not resolved. Still not downloading all the bank entries.

I really wish you could fix this issue. I'm updating from Chase bank.

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OSU is resolved for me as of yesterday 12-29. As I explained earlier, I have 2 files. One personal with multiple Chase accounts and one corporate with one Chase account. It's the later that I am having an issue with. I checked and the personal file with Chase are all set up with EWC+ as well. And their transactions all downloaded fine as of 12-25-2023. This issue has nothing to do with the OSU issue on 12-28 and 12-29.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TF,

There is a known issue with Chase downloads; you can see this Community Alert for more details. I recommend that you follow the steps in the alert, and if the issue persists, please reach out to Quicken Support for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thanks Kristina for answering on a weekend!!! I tried the steps in the comm alert and it's still not working. I tried to update the Chase account individually and it looks like it gets to the waiting part and ends. And the OSU do not show the chase connection. But there's no error! This has been working for years!

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I jjust found the thread "Download Issues with Chase Bank" that deals with seemingly the same issue and will continue the discussion there.

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    edited January 1
    Options

Posted my solution in the other thread mentioned above

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Flux !

• Laure
    Laure Member
    Options

I'm still having problems with downloading all of my transactions from Chase. I did the recommended suggestions but it looks like all of my debit purchases are not being downloaded. Is it still a problem with Chase?

• Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Quicken Community… My Chase credit card accounts are no longer downloading: neither transactions nor balances. It appears that it has not been downloading the data since sometime around the end of November (around 11/26). I have done ALL of the recommended suggestions but to no avail. When I try to download the QXF file, it imports the data into a NEW account, and does not apend it to the existing account. Is this something that is being addressed by the Quicken team? Where do I turn for support? I do NOT want to waste my time or the time of the tech support team if there is a systemwide problem that needs to be addressed in a software update or an internal communications issue between Chase and Quicken. Please advise.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jim Hurwitz to get an imported QXF file to link/import into an existing account you might have to deactivate that account for downloading. And that goes for the new account that was created, either deactivate it or delete it.

Past that I can't really tell you much since you say you have tried everything (whatever that means, since we can't tell what actually did), but for me my Chase accounts are downloading just fine. I have had to reactivate them a couple of times for various reasons (mostly because I was testing things for troubleshooting people's problems on here), but that is about it.

If you haven't tried it, I would deactivate all the Chase accounts and then do Tools → Add Account and go through the process of reactivating them again and making sure you link to the right accounts in Quicken (the nickname in the link dialog is the one in Quicken, and it might be greyed out and hard to read).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW… thanks for getting back to me! I was, indeed, able to import transactions after deactivating the account for downloading, which is counter-intuative, since the "Download and Import Transactions" option in the Account Details/Online Services" tab is only there when the account is set up for transaction download. Thats not right!

That being said, when I do download and then import the QXF files, I still can not reconcile the accounts because the "Statement Ending Balance" is still zero on all the accounts that I have imported the QXF files into.

I then went through the excercise your suggested: I deactivated all the Chase accounts, and then did Tools → Add Accounts and recativated them. I was sure to link them to the correct accounts. However, when I reactivate them, no new transactions (new ones that I hadn't gotten yet via QXF file download) download, and the "Statement Ending Balances" are all still zero. Ideas?

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    Options

@Jim Hurwitz I posted my solution to the issue here in a different thread :

I have tried to alert Quicken reps to the issue and my solution so they can fix it in a future software update but they seem determined to ignore me even if I tag the solution to them like I did in the other thread. Oh well…try my solution above. It has worked for me and a number of others.

• ilangrl68
    ilangrl68 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Flux 🙌🏻 I owe you my sanity. Thank you!!!

• Janks
    Janks Member ✭✭
    Options

What the @flux !!! I "closed" my business and now it works!!!

I haven't been able to download for days and support hung up on me since none of his voodoo worked. He even had me remove old transactions since they can cause connection issues.

In November, I even disabled my second Chase account (different login) because only one could connect.

Thanks and Quicken should extend your subscription because you are reducing support requests.

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    Options

@Janks @ilangrl68 You're very welcome. If you both want to try and alert Quicken reps to my solution and see if you can get them to fix this bug that would be great.

Incidentally, I posted later in that thread that I tried changing the account back to "business" without the other steps of activating/deactivating after I got it working by changing it to personal and my downloads continue to work.

So if you would prefer it to be shown as "business", after you perform the above procedure and get a download under your belt, you should be able to just edit the account back to "business" and it should continue downloading. This is what I did and it still is working to date.

• OldTimeQuser
    OldTimeQuser Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I did the same process and it's still downloading fine. How in the world does the account classification in Quicken impact the download from Chase? I classify some accounts in Quicken as business that are really personal but they run a different budget. Perhaps Quicken should implement the ability to sub-classify accounts or add a feature where the user can create a custom classification. Being restricted to personal, business or rental property is too restricting and mixing different use accounts in the left panel can be confusing and lead to errors.

• ukv2007
    ukv2007 Member
    Options

I wonder how long we suppose to get this garbage from Intuit? HOw difficult is to connect to Chase? Again, this is Chase not a little bank in the middle of nowhere. Not freaking funny to go over and over in rounds trying to get transactions. At the end of the day, I aslo suppose to pay for this **** experience

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You really don't say what your issue is, and you're tagging on to a thread from December. There are new issues with Chase and other banks (starting about Feb 1) and I suggest you post details of your issues in one of the threads tracking current Chase issues. Unless, of course, you've had unresolved problems since December.

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    Options

I had this problem with my Chase credit card. Here was my solution :

1. Right click on the account and choose "Edit/Delete Account"
    2. Click on the "Display Options" Tab
    3. Under the "Account Intent" section I changed from "Business" to "Personal" using the drop-down menu
    4. I hit "OK" to get back to the main resister window
    5. I performed a "One Step Update" (all my missing transactions downloaded)
    6. I performed steps 1-4 above again, but this time changing "Personal" back to "Business" using the drop-down
    7. After doing this my downloads have continued to work

Perhaps these procedures will work for you. If you are already set to "Personal", try changing it to "Business"…attempt a download…and then set back to "Personal".

Please report back if any of this helps you all. It has worked for everyone I know of that had this issue specifically with Chase. It might work beyond Chase issues. Please report back to confirm one way or the other.

• Keith Davis
    Keith Davis Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mine was already set to Personal. I tried changing to Business, did a download, changed back to Personal, download, still missing transactions.

• hptasins
    hptasins Member ✭✭
    Options

@Keith Davis @Flux I've tried this workaround also, and it does not solve the problem for me either. For the moment, I'm resorting to downloading a QFX from Chase and importing it.

• hptasins
    hptasins Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina Is there any update from Quicken on when this will be fixed?

• rem120
    rem120 Member ✭✭
    Options

This is so frustrating. One day the accounts will download and the next they will not. So erratic and it takes so much time to try to fix this problems. Need a fix and update soon, please. Even the QFX doesn't always work for me.

• Picasso2324
    Options

Missing deposits and transaction in February. Called tech support 3x .. they did not accomplish anything other than make it worse, twice was told I would get an email regarding this… never did. Today I spoke with a supervisor, he gave me more information. Stating this is ongoing from December, has happened with other institutions from his experience it takes approximately 3 months to fix (scary it happens often). It is not just Quicken, but with the connection to the institution.. so they have to go back on forth working on a fix/resolve.. so frustrating

• Yohoe
    Yohoe Member ✭✭
    Options

I came here to state the same as end of January were my last transactions. Personal CC transactions were downloading fine but business stopped. I didn't change anything.

I tried the above to switch from business to personal within "Display Options" and didn't work. I tried one other option: reset the account and added as "personal" opposed to business in the "Activate One Step Update", it magically downloaded the transactions. Don't know why - doesn't make sense but glad I was able to fix it (for this moment at least). 😡

• Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Flux I finally did what you suggested: I deactivated the credit card accounts, changed them from "Business" to "Personal" and reactivated them. Lo and behold, it worked! Tranacstions and balances are downloading and reconciling as they used to. You are a lifesaver! Thank you SOOOO much!

That being said, this is a serious bug within Quicken (or maybe with Chase??) Either way, it shouldn't matter whether the credit cards are classified as business or personal. Do the tech support people know about this work-around solution so that they can fix the actal problem? Thank you again, Flux!!!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14
    Options

This one has really surprised me, I have certainly known that some financial institutions will not allow downloading of business accounts (or charge extra for it), but I never would have thought that any of that would have been controlled in Quicken. Why would Quicken/Quicken Inc care? That makes no sense. Especially when clearly the financial institution doesn't care, they know it is a business account and are clearly willing to send it, Quicken should never be the "gatekeeper" for this.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.