PayPal Mastercard CC-501 "Oops. We're having a problem."

Options
Dave1234
Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭

For the past few days, I've received errors when trying to download transactions from my PayPal Mastercard account (my PayPal account works fine).

I tried resetting the account. Failed. Tried creating a new blank Quicken file and adding just the PayPal Mastercard account. Failed.

Help!

Comments

• Raf1919
    Raf1919 Member
    Options

I'm also having same issue

• jjohnsonjr
    jjohnsonjr Member
    Options

Ditto …

• JMH
    JMH Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue … seems to happen a couple times per year.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• FredGrandt
    FredGrandt Member
    Options

Same issue.

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have at least one other EWC (not EWC+) account (in fact on your list of EWC banks that you say don't work) and it remains connected and works fine.

So I don't think this is related to your "all EWC connections are broken" issue.

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Dave 1234:

You should create a new Quicken File and attempt to add PayPal or any EWC bank to the new file. If you can do this—-then your problem is not related to mine. If in the new file, you can not connect to any financial institution then the problem is related to mine.

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Dave1234 Thank for your reply. The key question is if when you create new quicken file can you make a New EWC connection. If you can, that what I observe is an a systemic issue affecting all users and it makes it more likely that my problem is related to my Quicken ID being "Locked Out" by a consolidator that Quicken contracts with to access banks via EWC method. I am unable to test this, since I only have one Quicken ID and Quicken support will not provide me with a Test Quicken ID for testing purposes. Disconnecting your Quicken ID from a file and waiting an hour is suppose to solve this issue, but wait days has not solved it for me. If Quicken Support would give me a temporary Quicken ID to use only for testing purposes—-I could quickly verify that I am able to make EWC connection to the exact same financial institutions on a new file. This would quickly diagnose the problem! Thus far I have spent a total of over 6 hr with Quicken support in multiple sessions going thru painful steps that I had already verified would not work. Their latest conclusion is that last escalation team has requested the "lock out" to be removed with No ETA. I should just wait until they send me an email message and not try to establish any EWC connection in the mean time.

Just to be clear, We too have EWC banks (which includes "PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto" EWC connection) on the list that continue to download correctly in SOME of our Quicken Files. The problem is that it is not possible to create any New connections. I have creating an entirely new quicken file (that all share the same Quicken ID) on 5 other Windows computer that have the latest version of Quicken Premium and they will not allow connect to any EWC bank! I know that valid login credential are being used at all institutions and can verify that Quicken has not actually passed the login credential to the new bank. I have been temped to do a trial version of Quicken on a 6th computer just to verify that the use a different Quicken ID would indeed allow connection to the financial institutions.

I hope this post is helpful to other on how to diagnose problems when you cannot reestablish connections via the EWC method.

• Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You're writing a lot of words here.

As I wrote in the first post in this thread, I created a separate Quicken data file and am still not able to connect to PayPal Mastercard.

On your suggestion, I also tried, in that file, connecting to another account that I have (Merck FCU) that uses EWC - and it works just fine.

THIS thread is about PayPal Mastercard - and nothing else.

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Dave: Thank you for showing that you could connect to a Merck FCU in the other file!

• Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

FYI - I did a chat earlier today with Quicken Support, and I was pleasantly surprised with the depths they went through to gather information about the issue. It's been escalated and is being worked on, and is listed in the 'known issues' forum.

• Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Tried connecting today (about 24h after opening my support case) and was surprised to get a OTP challenge. Entered it successfully, and a minute later got another OTP challenge.

Another minute later… and transactions downloaded successfully!

• Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Transaction download seems to work - BUT - every time I do a OSU, it triggers a OTP SMS from PayPal. Super annoying.

• Raf1919
    Raf1919 Member
    Options

I'm just getting OTP prompt but not receiving the code via email or sms.

This discussion has been closed.