How do I add the same tag to multiple transactions?

I like the tags feature, but I'm finding it tedious to add a tag to each individual transaction. Is there a way to select a number of transactions and add a tag to them all at once? I've tried the Edit Transaction(s) option, but I don't see Tags in there.

Tagged:

Comments

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure where you are looking, but if I select a group of transactions in a register, right click and select "Edit transactions", I get the following which allows me to select "Tag".

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @adam-dev,

You can select multiple transactions by either holding down the SHIFT key on your keyboard to select a range of transactions or holding the CTRL key to individually select multiple transactions.

After selecting transactions, right-click on one of the selected transactions and choose Edit transactions from the drop-down list. You can then choose the field you wish to modify.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Odd. That option isn't available to me.

• splasher

Let me guess, you have Starter Edition which does not support Tags.

• I do have the Starter edition. However, the tools menu gives me the option edit the Tag List and I can tag individual transactions. There's also an view for Itemized tags.

Thoughts?

• splasher

Let me rephrase my statement, Quicken Starter does not FULLY support Tags.

• Thanks for the clarification. What the minimal upgrade I'd need to perform? Would Deluxe be enough?

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes Deluxe would work. And if you dont renew each year the Starter Edition goes into read only mode but you can still use the higher versions manually.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Not sure, but don't you have to tic the 'select' for each transaction that you want to edit.

• splasher

Yes, you do, but the issue was that Tag was not in the dropdown list.

• That did it! Moving to Deluxe gave me access to the feature I was looking for. Thanks again!