Is there a report that shows how many shares each account owns of a selected security?

I'd like to find a quick and easy list or view of a selected security that shows which accounts own it and how many shares are owned in each of those accounts. The thread linked below seems to suggest that the only option is to scroll through my accounts on the Investing Portfolio screen, but that shows all securities owned by all accounts; or to check the Security Detail screen and scroll through transactions looking for account names. The Investing Portfolio screen would be helpful, but only if I could further subgroup by account or add a column for account. Thank you for your help!

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923366/best-way-to-see-which-accounts-hold-specific-stock

Quicken for PC, version R58.9

-Robert

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Just to add some detail to the above regarding the use of Reports ...

Click Reports > Investing > Portfolio Value.

Customize that report by clicking Customize report (gearwheel) > Securities tab > Clear All > and select the one security you want to see, then click OK.

On the report itself select "Subtotal by" Account.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Easiest way to see this is INVESTING, Portfolio. If you want a printed copy, there's a REPORTS button on that page, which you can customize to subtotal by account (the screen you've shown can be subtotaled by account also)

OR, you can just do REPORTS, Investing and get the same options.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you try changing Group by: from Security to Account? Will that work for you?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Just to add some detail to the above regarding the use of Reports ...

Click Reports > Investing > Portfolio Value.

Customize that report by clicking Customize report (gearwheel) > Securities tab > Clear All > and select the one security you want to see, then click OK.

On the report itself select "Subtotal by" Account.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4

Or on the Portfolio views, you can click on the Customize button and on the Securities tab select just the security you want to see. Then next to Group by: in the main view, select Accounts.

To print a Portfolio view, go to File > Print Portfolio or hit Ctrl-P

QWin Premier subscription
  • bebob
    bebob Member ✭✭

Thanks, everyone. Tom Young's reply is the most helpful because it generates a report that lists only those accounts holding a given security. I have 20 accounts to manage our family's investments, and this report fortunately creates a single page requiring no scrolling or searching. Ideally, this kind of list would be included on each Security Detail window and wouldn't require customizing a report, but this is a lot better than what I had before. Thank you!