American Express High Yield Savings Account cc-502

H.Richburg
H.Richburg Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Quicken for Windows:
I've been getting CC-502's on my American Express High Yield Saving Account when I run One Step Update for at least the last couple of weeks. It prompts me for the a one time verification code each and every time but after entering it, OSU then returns a cc-502 error so it would appear Quicken is communicating with Am Express.

Is this a Quicken Issue? Any resolution?

Thank you
— HJR

Comments

• BrianV
    BrianV Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited September 24

Had this same issue in July, they finally resolved it after about 3 weeks, but a week ago started having the same CC-502 issue so it's clearly broken again.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @H.Richburg and @BrianV,

A CC-502 error is caused by maintenance on the bank's servers, which Quicken uses to download transactions. You can follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information and troubleshooting steps.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• BrianV
    edited September 25

That FAQ essentially says "Try updating, and if it doesn't work try again later". That's one step away from worthless, especially since I've tried updating multiple times a day for over a week. Clearly it's a bigger issue.

I tried again a minute ago. Username and password at least gets to the one-time verification code prompt (implying that the site recognizes the user/pass combo), but entering the code results in the same CC-502 error.

Finally, the thread from July indicated it wasn't just server maintenance.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20446275#Comment_20446275

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @BrianV,

As per the FAQ:

If the issue persists

Please Contact Us so we can help you fix this issue.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JackBoyd
    JackBoyd Quicken Windows Subscription Member

The cc-502 error with American Express High Yield Savings accounts has been this way since mid May. Quicken tech support doesn't appear to be interested in addressing it. I have called and tested with them several times. They only say: It is a known issue with no resolution date projection.

• bushmills
    bushmills Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I started having this error this past weekend; I waited until today (a business day) to retry with the same results. I did the refresh exercise with same results. I can go to the site and download the Quicken transactions but get the same error when attempting the download of transactions. From the comments it appears this is a persistent error but there also does not appear to be any urgency to fix it.

• H.Richburg
    H.Richburg Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine I called for support and was told a CC-502 is a bank issue and not Quicken. Quicken is communicating with American Express. After providing my credentials, it asks where I want my one time code sent, it then sends it, Quicken opens Window for me to enter it and then I get a cc-502. Is this a known issue with American Express and if so, will it be fixed?

Thank you

Howard

• BrianV
    edited October 15

STILL not fixed. It has been nearly 3 weeks (after having the same long-term issue just a few months before that!) And to add insult to injury, if i attempt to manually download the transactions in a QDF file, Quicken gives me the error "Quicken is currently unable to verify financial institution information for download"