Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• bogdanm
    bogdanm Member ✭✭

I have a same problem

• JayF
    JayF Member ✭✭

Ditto as mpbundy

"Same problem that just started this morning. Have used the Quicken initiated bank authorization/access/login multiple times but after the bank process has completed (successfully,) quicken tells me the connection timed out/failed. Have tried multiple times."

• Michael K
    Michael K Member ✭✭

I'm experiencing the same problem. Citi says my accounts have been authorized, Quicken does not. I don't know if it's related to the software update or not. Either way, I'm sick and tired of problems popping up.

• wslaura
    wslaura Member ✭✭

Same issue, hope it is fixed quickly. The reauthorizing requirement seems to happen periodically.

• loren@
    loren@ Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Here we go again, having recently had the TDBank issue. Same here😥

• I'm having same issue… after updating to R59.6, build 27.1.59.6, it asked me to 'reauthorize' my Citicard Costo card account which was successful on Citicard website side, but resulted in failure on Quicken side. I've tried several times with two different browsers to setup online access for my Citicard account, same error result. (tried both MS Edge and Brave browsers)

see attached error, please FIX!

• Just a note to the Quicken developers, this also happened to me right after I did the latest quicken update. Version R59.6 build 27.1.59.6

• Tim_CO
    Tim_CO Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Same problem. Started morning of 09/27.

I spend more time trying to get Quicken to connect than I do actually managing my finances. This is getting exhausting! Does anybody else make a product that actually works?

EDIT - Amex Savings also hasn't worked for a week.

• watkinsontx
    watkinsontx Member ✭✭

Mine was working through 9/27/2024 when an update installed. Along with other issues, you pushed out a bad update? Surprised this is taking days to resolve(based on comments).

• Identical issue - also with the Quicken Mac OS.

• Bill West
    Bill West Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

Same problem here … Citi Costco Anywhere card asking for authorization and once given Quicken says connection failed.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27

Not sure it is update related.

I am on R58.9 and have the same problem.

Deluxe R58.9, Windows 11 Pro

• kbrin
    kbrin Member ✭✭

Same issue (adding to thread simply to show Quicken that this is not a trivial problem!)

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭

Although DC successfully connects and acts like it downloads transactions, it does not download anything for me and shows an incorrect online balance as well.

Deluxe R58.9, Windows 11 Pro

• slick1948
    slick1948 Member ✭✭

September 27, same problems

• PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭

FWIW, I get a different error message, on Mac: CHANNEL_RESET_REQUIRED
    FCMS channelId=384bb9f0-8bea-4be9-950d-bb966cf57cfa for provider_id=e7abc7ac-02af-40fe-b33c-5ba1b5002bc1 is blocked

But it still doesn't work. Glad to know that Quicken is on it — but in the meantime, my credit card transactions are not being logged.

• msscpa
    msscpa Member ✭✭

same issue on all of my Quicken files…. please fix soon!

• dhburbank
    dhburbank Member ✭✭

For some reason my online account access to my Citibank account stopped working and Quicken said it needed to be reauthorized. I've tried repeatedly to reauthorize and it hasn't worked. I follow the activation steps, log into my account successfully, get the window that says "Your accounts have been reauthorized successfully", and when the window goes away what's left is a Quicken window that says:

This continues in a loop. I've deleted browsing history, tried Edge and Chrome (default), restarted, but to no avail. I am unable to set up this online account even though it was working fine two weeks ago. Any ideas?

• technogod99
    technogod99 Member ✭✭

I have a fix for this that is working for me.

Select Add Account in Quicken app.

Enter Citi Cards in the blank line for the account.

Select Advanced Option below the Citi logo.

Select Continue.

Select Direct Connection for the connection type and Next.

Open a web browser and go to

https://citi.com/datamanagement

Login to Citi and then go back to the Quicken app

Enter your Citi account login information and Next.
    You should then have Quicken offer to link to your Citi account.

• cavery
    cavery Member ✭✭

Same.

• brucewol
    brucewol Member ✭✭

same problem. seems like there is always a problem when you need to reauthorize. usually the problem is quicken screwed up. heard a rumor that citi is going to require a reauthorization every 90 days. conformed this with a quicken tech supervisor. not going to go through this every 90 days. so i guess i'll stop using citi

• The Big Apple
    The Big Apple Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 27

I am having the same issue…

• Ray Hallman
    Ray Hallman Member ✭✭✭

This did make a difference for me but I lost the pending transactions in Quicken and the update didn't bring over the transactions that have posted. In essence, the online balance updated to a true figure but didn't bring over the transacitons to reconcile and the pending transactions disappeared.

Also, for anyone who wants to try this solution you will want to be sure to type in the Citi Cards in the search field, as I think is suggested. Using the graphic that comes up to choose possible FI's does not bring up the advanced options link.

Thanks.

• royfish
    royfish Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    edited September 27

I am having the same problem

• Bobryen
    Bobryen Member ✭✭

Same, Same. Edge or Chrome doesn't matter. The reauth works fine on citi side. Mine quit working after build 27.1.59.6 was installed.

• Same problem for me. I first noticed it this morning when I tried to sync. It wanted to reauthorize the accounts. Exact same steps as OP but after it failed, it removed the sync from all my Citi accounts. Trying to add it back gets me to the same authorize loop.

• watkinsontx
    watkinsontx Member ✭✭

Hey Quicken, is this a sev 1, work 24x7 to fix?

• T-Bird AZ
    T-Bird AZ Member ✭✭

same issue

• dhburbank
    dhburbank Member ✭✭

I just found a post from Quicken on 9/26 indicating issues with CitiCard accounts and removing the ability to connect until they can solve the issue.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

Same issue for me. It is very frustrating for Quicken to break something that was working fine before!

This discussion has been closed.