How to get QFX data into my Quicken file?

gwpotter
gwpotter Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

We just got a Fidelity branded credit card. Elan Financial provides the actual credit card services and the only current option to download credit card data is via a QFX file.

I have created an account in Quicken, but maybe it is better to actually let the first QFX import create the account in Quicken.

I do not have a clue how to add the QFX data to my Quicken file

In short I am looking for directions how to proceed with adding/importing QFX data files for my new credit card in to my existing Quicken Classic Deluxe data file.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓

All I can tell you is I downloaded yesterday and it is still working for me.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You were given some very bad information by the Elan person you talked with. I have been downloading my Fidelity Rewards Visa card transactions from Elan for the better part of the last 3 years. True, they do not support Direct Connect but they do support Quicken Connect (QMac)/Express Web Connect (QWin).

First, if you have not already done so, you will need to set up an online account with Elan. Once that is set up, then you can just set up the download connection from within Quicken using your Elan online account login information. If you have a manual account already set up in Quicken for it, when prompted make sure you link the download to it. Otherwise, you can just let the software add the account in Quicken for you. As my wife likes to say, "Easy! Breezy!" 😁

One issue that is fairly common when first setting up Fidelity Visa downloads from Elan: The Online Balance will not have the cents included. This usually self-resolves when updating the account in Quicken, again, within the following 12-24 hrs. .

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @gwpotter,

Please refer to this Help Article for instructions on how to import a QFX file.

Also, if you have already created the account in Quicken, note that once you import the QFX file, you should be given the option to Link it to the account you created.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RickO

You don't need to use a QFX file import. For the Fidelity credit card under Elan Financial, set up downloads using Financial Institution "Elan Financial Services" and connection method Quicken Connect. Use the login credentials that you use to log into the Elan Fidelity Card website.

• gwpotter

Rick I called Elan financial yesterday. The person I spoke with was very clear in stating earlier was possible to download the data normally. That is no longer possible. The specific technical issue is not being able to use Quicken Direct Connect or Quicken Connect. She said they had suffered "fraud issues" and were doing a significant software improvement. Further she said Elan hoped to be able to use the Quicken Direct Connect by the end of the year.

If you have knowledge of someone downloading data now as opposed months ago, I would like to be in contact with the individual.

• RickO
    Answer ✓

All I can tell you is I downloaded yesterday and it is still working for me.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You were given some very bad information by the Elan person you talked with. I have been downloading my Fidelity Rewards Visa card transactions from Elan for the better part of the last 3 years. True, they do not support Direct Connect but they do support Quicken Connect (QMac)/Express Web Connect (QWin).

First, if you have not already done so, you will need to set up an online account with Elan. Once that is set up, then you can just set up the download connection from within Quicken using your Elan online account login information. If you have a manual account already set up in Quicken for it, when prompted make sure you link the download to it. Otherwise, you can just let the software add the account in Quicken for you. As my wife likes to say, "Easy! Breezy!" 😁

One issue that is fairly common when first setting up Fidelity Visa downloads from Elan: The Online Balance will not have the cents included. This usually self-resolves when updating the account in Quicken, again, within the following 12-24 hrs. .

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• gwpotter

Boatnmaniac —

Thank you very much for exactly what I needed. We were not aware of the need to open an account at Elan Financial - that went well. Based on information from this thread, I opened Quicken and completed the job.

At this point we have made two charges - both of which are still pending. I did a download, which showed a zero balance, and linked the Elan login information to Quicken.