Quicken for Mac 2016 Release 3.5.1 Discussion

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Just to give everyone a heads-up, a few of us have a discussion going about how 3.5.x has, thus far, broken reconciliation for us. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

I downloaded and installed Quicken for Mac  v 3.5.1.  Then I began to reconcile my checking account,   The process using prior versions was quite straight forward. I have being using Quicken/Intuit  for nearly twenty years and have had no difficulty reconciling my accounts.  I did so on July 1, 2016.  Using the current version on August 3, 2016, Quicken shows a discrepancy of $ 2271.95.  It also shows the my Quicken balance is nearly $400 higher  than the  checking account shows it to be.  

If nothing else works, I will go into TimeMachine and reinstall the last version, and pray that I will never need to install any newer version.  Obviously I need help.  I would like to point out that I am very comfortable with mathematics, having earned three degrees in that field. 

Two  questions.  Did any of the software developers actually use the software?  Has anyone there heard of the saying "If it ain't busted, don't fix it"?

George B. Shirk
    [Edited Personal Info]

With the new version, I went to reconcile from a Statement.  The new version wouldn't except my beginning balance and kept showing a date of May 4 2013 and wouldn't a accept my revision.  I also don't like that there isn't a separate column for Deposit.  I am really disappointed with this update.
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

I downloaded and installed Quicken for Mac  v 3.5.1.  Then I began to reconcile my checking account,   The process using prior versions was quite straight forward. I have being using Quicken/Intuit  for nearly twenty years and have had no difficulty reconciling my accounts.  I did so on July 1, 2016.  Using the current version on August 3, 2016, Quicken shows a discrepancy of $ 2271.95.  It also shows the my Quicken balance is nearly $400 higher  than the  checking account shows it to be.  

If nothing else works, I will go into TimeMachine and reinstall the last version, and pray that I will never need to install any newer version.  Obviously I need help.  I would like to point out that I am very comfortable with mathematics, having earned three degrees in that field. 

Two  questions.  Did any of the software developers actually use the software?  Has anyone there heard of the saying "If it ain't busted, don't fix it"?

George B. Shirk
    [Edited Personal Info]

First, I don't understand your comment about a separate column for Deposit.  When reconciling an account in the Cash & Credit group, the last 3 columns on the left of the Reconcile window are "Payment", "Clr", and "Deposit".

When reconciling an account in the Investments group, the 3 leftmost columns in the Reconcile window are "Cash Out", "Clr", and "Cash In".

The date initially displayed in the Reconcile window is your system's current date.  You cannot set the date in Quicken to some time in the future.  Is the date and time set correctly on your Mac?  Do you use Apple's network time service to keep your clock synchronized?

Is your Mac system one that was manufactured in 2013?  If it is, the battery for your Time of Year (TOY) clock may have failed and need replacement.  This battery also provides power to maintain the state of the NVRAM where OS X stores data needed to boot your system.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

George B. Shirk
    [Edited Personal Info]

The default columns can be customized to reflect "Payment" and "Deposit". Just right- or ctrl-click on the column header and make a selection.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

I'm getting an Error 324 Account marked as "DEAD".  How do I troubleshoot this?  My Quicken is not updating

I hate the new reconcile feature. Very confusing. I just made manual corrections and I hope it will work better next month. I have read all the instructions and don't understand them well enough to follow them.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

George B. Shirk
    [Edited Personal Info]

George, same for me. I am an accountant who has been using this program for 20 years and I know how to reconcile !! My only account that works is AMEX....none of my other 6 work and they all reconciled immediately before I downloaded the update. Now it is picking up some random opening balance from October 2011 (which you cant change) and unreconciled items do not appear in the dropdown list I spent an hour in online chat on the weekend and the only thing he could tell me was to force an adjustment (which doesn't work anyway) !! Idiots !!! They better fix soon before I have a build up of too many more transactions (i reconcile daily) otherwise I will ba switching to Xero....if there is an exodus over this there will be some software developers out of a job !!!
  • Quicken Jeff
    Quicken Jeff Member, Employee admin
    edited November 2016

I have always been updated and used the most recent version of Quicken Mac 2016.  I updated to 3.5.1 and reconciled to my online balances automatically.  Prior to the updated I had no unreconciled/uncleared transactions, ALL my transactions were reconciled/cleared prior to 3.5.1.  After update to 3.5.1 with the new reconciliation method, I have several account balances that do not match my online balance for reconciliation.  I have read some of the above listed explanations but I do not understand why this is happening if all my previous transactions were reconciled.  

What is the correct way to handle this?

Charles, could you walk through a specfic example with one of your accounts? Some information to include:
    • Type of account (checking, credit, etc.)
    • Download or Manual
    • How did you originally add the account (in Quicken for mac or Import from Quicken 2007 or windows)
    • When you say it was reconciled before, does this mean that Today's Balance matched what your bank  would report?
    • Do you typically reconcile after each download (if connected) or against a value at your bank? Or do you use paper statements?
    • Please walk through your reconcile procedure: which options do you select in step 1, what values to you enter or edit, what do you see on Step 2, etc.
    As for "Start Fresh" this is just a quick way to mark old transactions as reconciled (for cased where you have a lot of old, unreconciled items). An Adjustment takes the values you gave during Step 1 and Step 2 in reconcile (see my  explanation above) and will add a one time adjustment to make the numbers add up to the balance you're attempting to reconcile to.

Also, recall the Key difference between 3.5.1 and prior version is that the Reconcile feature is reconciling the balance of your entire Quicken account--not just the narrow range of a single statement as in 3.4.1. See also my write up above.

If you can provide some of the info above, it will give us better insight into the issue. I could also contact you directly and setup a time to do a quick call or screen share if you'd prefer.

Thank you,
    Jeff

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

George B. Shirk
    [Edited Personal Info]

My first attempt to reconcile monthly checking account (manually entered, imported from QM 2007) statement ending 5/31/16 has the Starting / Prior Balance too low by 192.32. I searched the register for this amount and found 9 deposits for this exact amount from 2000 & 2001 (!), all of which are marked as cleared. It's likely QM 3.5.1 lost one of these really old deposits. It could have been shifted to a different account or simply deleted. Not sure how to proceed from here.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

I'm getting an Error 324 Account marked as "DEAD".  How do I troubleshoot this?  My Quicken is not updating

I have tried to reconcile both my checking and credit card accounts to no avail since the update.  I am at my whit's end since I have entries that go back to 2002. This.is.a.nightmare.  I reconcile every month to the penny.  There is NO WAY I had unreconciled transactions.period.  Quicken uncleared a handful of transactions - I alt clicked to re-reconcile them and now Quicken has created an adjustment that I cannot delete.  There are no more reconciliation reports that I can go back to to find which month or year in which the error occurred so I can fix it and get reconciled this month.  I.AM.STUCK.AND.HIGHLY.UPSET.  PLEASE FIX THIS FAST.  THANK YOU.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    RickO said:

Is the issue with the inability to clear transaction flags (orange pencil, blue envelop) fixed in this release? I sure hope so, but nothing mentioned in the release notes about it.

Any payment my bank has to mail still will not go through on Bill Pay - even with the new update.  It's been months since I've been able to successfully 'Pay Now' with a payment that will be mailed.  Electronic payments go right through.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

Upgraded to 3.5.1 tonight and I'm trying to use the new Reconcile feature for the first time.  Uncleared transactions from my register do not appear in the Reconcile window.  I've looked at every option on the Reconcile window and cannot figure out why the one and only transaction (my monthly payment) is not showing up.  This version seems like it needs a patch already.

Either way - it's difficult to know (without going back thru years of statements) whether these phantom transactions are:

Legit but need to be marked reconciled
    Duplicate transactions that need to be deleted
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

George B. Shirk
    [Edited Personal Info]

@jonathan861:  I have to ask a dumb question.  What do you mean by "cleared"?  I get the impression from some of the comments about reconciliation that the term, "cleared", is being used instead of "reconciled".

I suggest that you have your transactions in your register sorted in ascending date order with the oldest transactions at the top of the window and the newest at the bottom.  Next open the Reconcile window and click on "Use Statement Balance".

At this point, all transactions that have not been reconciled will be displayed in the Reconcile window.  The first transaction(s) displayed should be on dates before 30 April 2016.  These are the transactions that are affecting your Starting/Prior Balance and you can proceed with the reconciliation as the only thing that matters at this point is the Statement Ending Balance.

If there are no transactions prior to 30 April and you are fairly certain that the $192.32 is a deposit.  Click on All Accounts in the sidebar, click the Transactions button, and enter $192.32 in the Search box.  From the transactions displayed, you should be able to tell if the transaction had been entered into the wrong account.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

George B. Shirk
    [Edited Personal Info]

Even if you mark the transactions as reconciled - Quicken STILL will not adjust the beginning balance of the statement to reflect what the actual beginning balance is of each statement attempting to be reconciled for July (post update).
  • Quicken Jeff
    Quicken Jeff Member, Employee admin
    edited November 2016

Tiffany, sorry you are having troubles! A few things to consider.

You have transactions going back to 2002, so you must have converted from Quicken 2007 or Windows at some point, yes? When was that? I ask because there were bugs in the past where some transactions imported from Windows or 2007 could lose their reconcile status and become unreconciled (or uncleared) again. This could be why you find some old transactions in this state, but I think if you would find this to be the case even before 3.5.1.

I think you see them now, because 3.5.1 now considers all transactions when doing a reconciliation and not just the narrow range defined by a single statement (this is the same model as 2007 and Windows---see my other posts on this thread for more details). So, I believe the weirdness you're experiencing now is one time event caused by "finding" these past, unreconciled transactions.

One question though. You said:
    ...now Quicken has created an adjustment that I cannot delete...
    You should be able to delete any transaction in your register including an adjustment. Just select and hit the delete key on your keyboard. Also you can do undo (Edit > Undo; or command + z) to undo an adjustment or even a whole Reconcile event.

Back to your current statement. What happens if you try this:
    1. Click Reconcile and choose Use Statement Balance
    2. Do not edit the starting/prior balance value** even if it does not match what you bank statement says.
    3. Enter the statement ending date and ending balance from your current statement and click next.
    4. In step 2 click the mark all as "Cleared" button on the left side of the screen
    What happens? Does this help?

If these tips don't help, let me now and we can schedule a call so I can better understand your situation.

Thanks,
    Jeff

** FYI: The Starting balance is just the sum of all reconciled transactions. The fact that you had these old, unreconciled transactions is why this calculated value would not match your statement. Once you get these reconciled, you shouldn't run into this issue again.
  • Greydog9928
    Greydog9928 Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2016

I have always been updated and used the most recent version of Quicken Mac 2016.  I updated to 3.5.1 and reconciled to my online balances automatically.  Prior to the updated I had no unreconciled/uncleared transactions, ALL my transactions were reconciled/cleared prior to 3.5.1.  After update to 3.5.1 with the new reconciliation method, I have several account balances that do not match my online balance for reconciliation.  I have read some of the above listed explanations but I do not understand why this is happening if all my previous transactions were reconciled.  

What is the correct way to handle this?

Jeff,

I have both credit card accounts and checking accounts from different institutions that are doing this.  I always download transactions except from an occasional one I might add on my checking account after I write a manual check so I don't have to look it up later.  The accounts were started from scratch.  I have been downloading transactions probably 3-4 times a month for each account and then reconciling immediately after the download in the software previously [all transactions were cleared and reconciled prior to this update].

In attempting to reconcile with the new version I first used my old method; I downloaded new transactions and then chose to reconcile based on online balance.  This did not balance.  When this did not work, I checked and pulled out the most recent paper statement for items that were unreconciled on and tried to go that way.  It didn't work and showed the same amount off as the electronic method.  Just for kicks, I went back a few months and used an older paper statement where everything was reconciled and manually entered the starting and ending balance.  There were no uncleared transactions and it was still "off"
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

Thank you so much Jeff. Yes, I'm sure the transition from Quicken 2007 (gold standard - LOVED) to Quicken 2016 is what created this mess. I have been successfully reconciling since the transition Jan 2016. The problem is that I manually alt clicked those handful of transactions that were uncleared from the past and Quicken has not updated or changed the beginning balance to reflect that. So when I try to balance I'm off - both in checking & my credit card I've had since 2002. I wish there was that screen where you could see reconciliation reports from the past so I could see which month the problem is in and go back and re-reconcile like I used to do with any kind of error. Quicken 2016 gives me NO ability to re-reconcile after a statement has been reconciled - even if I chose to have it do the cop out and put in an adjustment transaction to make it balance.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

Let me be clear though.- after the transition from 07 to 16 I had to manually reconcile transactions and now I'm having to do more with this most recent update.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

And if I try to change the beginning balance during a reconcile from statement option it creates an adjustment at the top left of the screen you cannot delete or change. I accepted it once by saying finish with adjustment then went back to delete it but cannot go back in to try to re-reconcile - the reconcile window is now blank and will not show any transactions. I would have to go manually un-click them to in-reconcile them in the register to be able to try again.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    I recently updated to 3.5.1 and noticed that several of my investment accounts had minus values.  I checked price history and found that updates on quotes were way off on some recent stocks we had purchased (a dollar or less on some large caps).  Only three accounts seem to have been affected.
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

I recently updated to 3.5.1 and noticed that several of my investment accounts had minus values.  I checked price history and found that updates on quotes were way off on some recent stocks we had purchased (a dollar or less on some large caps).  Only three accounts seem to have been affected.

@ccallum1217:  As a retiree that is now required to make RMD withdrawals from my retirement accounts, I might pay a little too much attention to how QM2016 updates transactions and reports account balances.  I have been using QM2015/QM2016 in a permanent test mode as investment transactions that I need are not yet implemented.  As a result I continue to use Quicken Premier as my production version of Quicken.
    • If you use "Update All Online Accounts", QM2016 will automatically download quotes for your securities as the last step in the update process.
    • If you use "Update Selected Online Accounts", QM2016 does not download quotes for securities held in the account.  You can manually initiate the downloading of quotes by clicking on "Update Quotes" in an investment account's Portfolio view.
    As you mentioned that some of your quotes were wrong, the time that you update your quotes is critical.
    • If you are updating quotes of publicly-traded equities and electronically traded funds, you should wait until the after-hours market closes at 1800 Eastern Time (ET).
    • The posting of NAV prices for mutual funds are supposed to be completed by 1800 ET but the postings are permitted to be delayed until 2100 ET.
    So, to ensure that you have the most accurate price quotes, you should wait until 2100 ET to obtain your quotes.

QM2016 uses the same quote server as the QWIN products to obtain the price quotes for securities that you hold.  The downloaded price quotes are recorded in HTTPLog.txt.  If you examine this file, you will find that the closing, high and low prices are returned along with the trading volume.
    • Daily price data is only provided for the last 4 weeks.
    • Weekly price data is provided for the next 48 weeks.  This is the data from the last trading day in the week.
    • Monthly price data is provided for all quotes over a year old.  This is the data from the last trading day of the month.
    The amount of price data returned is a maximum of 5 years if you acquired the security more than 5 years ago.  If you acquired the security more recently than that, only price data since the security was acquired will be included.

Price quote data for bonds, bond-like securities, and mutual funds that are thinly traded or not publicly traded are provided by your financial institution.  You will find this data in OFXLog.txt or the OFX/QFX file downloaded from your financial institution.

Okay, this is far too much information but I'm retired with enough time to investigate why the Quicken investment account balances don't always match those reported by my financial institution.  I have opened a Problem Report with Quicken regarding this issue; however, in the process of investigating the causes, I discovered a more egregious error in how my financial institution generates the <DTPRICEASOF> and <DTYIELDASOF> fields in the OFX/QFX file that is downloaded.  If I update quotes after 2359 ET the date in the time stamp is reported as being on the following day.  This results in Quicken using the prior day's price/yield quotes when calculating my accounts value.

Since I started using QM2015/QM2016 when QM2015 was first released, I have never encountered a situation where Quicken reported a negative account value for an investment account.  For this to occur you would need to have a large negative cash balance or negative holdings of one or more securities.  The latter is highly unlikely when you automatically download transactions from your financial institution as Quicken surreptitiously inserts Placeholder entries on the date that you opened the investment account so that your holdings match those shown in the <INVPOS> section of OFX/QFX file downloaded from your financial institution.

Are the investment accounts manually maintained?  If the cash balance in the accounts is what you expect, you may have duplicated Remove Shares transactions causing your holdings to go negative.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

I do maintain the accounts manually, but the issue was that the quotes were way off on some recently acquired stocks and some quotes did not download at all (showed a quote of 0), i.e. some large cap stocks had a quote of 0.30 or 0.40.  When I went back and corrected my accounts, I also determined that when I downloaded the end of the month for July on the 30th, some quotes were off by several dollars, i.e. quote was 59.60 and should have been 54.44.  Some of these occurred prior to my updating, but the minus values showed up after I updated to 3.5.1.  I am also retired so I had time to go back and research the stocks to get the correct amounts.  But this issue definitely needs to be fixed.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

Jeff,

I am having a similar problem to Tiffany and followed all the procedures to try to reconcile 6 accounts (all Westpac, oddly AMEX works perfectly !!)

The problem is, the unreconciled transactions do not appear in the list and they all tally the difference.

I have checked through the entire register going back to 2008 and every transaction has been reconciled.

I am sure this is a software problem as I reconcile daily , have no unreconciled transaction s in the entire history of all registers.

Please let me know if I need to schedule a call... I am in Australia so it will need to be AEST.

Thanks

stephanie
  • Doug Blakeley
    Doug Blakeley Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2016

I installed the Mac 3.5.1 update this morning. Now I can't pay a credit card bill with Direct Connect. This worked fine before: I would select the correct payee and then set the transaction up as a transfer. It would pay the bill via Direct Connect, and enter it in my Quicken registers as a transfer from the Direct Connect checking account to the credit card account. Since the update, Quicken tells me it can't do a transfer because the credit card and checking accounts are not with the same institution (they're not). It does this even if I leave the Transfer field blank in the transaction.
    Edit: Of course I am using the Online Payment tab.
    Edit2: When I look at previous Direct Connect bill payments from these registers, the Transfer To field contains both the payee name and the transfer account name, one printed over the other (unreadable).
    Edit3: What I called the Transfer To field in Edit2 is not labeled as such in those old transactions, as it is when I attempt a new one. Quicken seems to be combining the Payee and Transfer (To/From) fields in those past transactions since the update.
    Edit4: Ah! When I looked at the checking account's settings, it said "Bill Pay: Not Available" (Intra-bank Funds Transfer was On). I clicked (I think) "Check for Bill Pay," and the dot next to Bill Pay changed from red to green. Seems to work now. The overprinting of payee and transfer account in older transactions also has gone away. You might want to investigate why the update disabled Direct Connect Bill Pay. Also, the Save button was greyed out when I edited the checking account's settings, so I had no choice other than Cancel, but luckily the change took effect anyway.

I had the same exact problem.  I have Direct Connect to my bank and when I checked the account setting it said "Bill Pay: Not Available".  I also clicked on "Check for Bill Pay" to re-establish the connection.  

Many thanks to Roland for figuring this one out!  Saved me a lot of aggravation.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

Oh thank you Stephanie!  I'm so glad I'm not the only one.  I was beginning to think I was CRAZY!  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

I installed the Mac 3.5.1 update this morning. Now I can't pay a credit card bill with Direct Connect. This worked fine before: I would select the correct payee and then set the transaction up as a transfer. It would pay the bill via Direct Connect, and enter it in my Quicken registers as a transfer from the Direct Connect checking account to the credit card account. Since the update, Quicken tells me it can't do a transfer because the credit card and checking accounts are not with the same institution (they're not). It does this even if I leave the Transfer field blank in the transaction.
    Edit: Of course I am using the Online Payment tab.
    Edit2: When I look at previous Direct Connect bill payments from these registers, the Transfer To field contains both the payee name and the transfer account name, one printed over the other (unreadable).
    Edit3: What I called the Transfer To field in Edit2 is not labeled as such in those old transactions, as it is when I attempt a new one. Quicken seems to be combining the Payee and Transfer (To/From) fields in those past transactions since the update.
    Edit4: Ah! When I looked at the checking account's settings, it said "Bill Pay: Not Available" (Intra-bank Funds Transfer was On). I clicked (I think) "Check for Bill Pay," and the dot next to Bill Pay changed from red to green. Seems to work now. The overprinting of payee and transfer account in older transactions also has gone away. You might want to investigate why the update disabled Direct Connect Bill Pay. Also, the Save button was greyed out when I edited the checking account's settings, so I had no choice other than Cancel, but luckily the change took effect anyway.

Ah, another Direct Connector! Peace be with you. We need to come up with a secret handshake :)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Same exact situation here. All transactions on my accounts were completely reconciled prior installing 3.51. I've been reconciling using monthly statement, religiously without any issues for years.  Now after attempting to reconcile my accounts (3 so far) using 3.5.1, nothing matches.  It required an adjustment to bring thing into balance. 'Ending balances' from all previous reconciliations no longer exist. I generally love Quicken and was really looking forwarding to this update, but this has been a real downer.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    MAC2016 3.5.1  unable to download transactions..  It acts as if it is going to download but no transactions appear.  I do get the email notifications on my spending.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm running Quicken 2007 side by side with Quicken 2016, v3.5.1. (My way of learning the new version but maintaining the solid base version in the program I've used since 2002. Double the work, but helpful for me.) So far, so good. A question about Budgets: Can I import Q2007 Budgets into Q2016? If so, how? If not, is that a feature that can added? (I had imported Q2007 data into 3.5.0, then upgraded.)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

George B. Shirk
    [Edited Personal Info]

@M C Crockett: Not a dumb question at all. The Clr column has three values, only two of which are used with any frequency. For a new transaction Clr starts as blank, meaning "uncleared". before or during the reconciliation process Clr can be changed to blue with a white check meaning "cleared, not reconciled". After you completed the reconciliation process the Clr changes to green with a white check meaning "reconciled". So when I said "cleared" I really should have said "reconciled". 

Excellent suggestion to search "All Accounts". I have over 21,000 transactions and was pleased that QM was able to find 9 records for $192.32 in less than a minute. All of these are reconciled and in the correct account. These are transfer transactions from a employee benefit account. When I looked in this account I found many transactions for $96.16, which is 1/2 of $193.32. Maybe I have two of these transactions in error. Searching all accounts for $96.16 found 201 transactions. As before, these are all in the correct account and are reconciled.

So my search for the missing transactions has been interesting but ultimately unsuccessful. I'm going to try the reconcile screen using Statement Balance for May. I expect to end with a $192.32 discrepancy. I expect that finishing will generate an adjustment transaction that is reconciled. Then I'll try June and should not have a discrepancy going forward.

<Time Passes>

After marking all the transactions as "cleared" I clicked on the gear icon and chose to enter a manual adjustment. I like that it automatically added a note to this transaction. I decided to leave the Check# and Action blank. Then I clicked the Done button to complete the reconcile process. Cursory review of the reconciled transactions looks OK. Now for June.

<Time Passes>

June was a snap. The Starting / Prior Balance matched the statement opening balance. After marking all the transactions that cleared the Quicken Balance matched the statement ending balance. I finished the reconciliation process and now these transactions are marked reconciled. I should try July next, but it's too late. 

Good night. 
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

George B. Shirk
    [Edited Personal Info]

@jonathan861:  One thing that I thought of but didn't mention was the presence of a split transaction that had an error in it causing a deposit of $0.00 instead of $192.32.

To find that you could search "All Accounts" for $0.00.  Another approach that could be used if you assigned a category to the $192.32 would be to generate a Category Summary report customized to only display the assigned category.
This discussion has been closed.