Options
15678911»

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    RooneyR said:

My question is about why Q2016 3.5.1 won’t display the correct account balance after a buy and sell of different Vanguard Funds in a 529. Q2007 gets it right. (I’m running Q2007 and Q2016 side-by-side while I learn the new version.)

Vanguard 529’s have age-dependent funds. As a grandchild gets older, Vanguard sells the younger-age fund and buys an older-age fund. I entered the Buy and Sell in Q2007 and everything is fine. In Q2016 entering the Buy and Sell shows correctly in the transaction window, but the Sell is not shown in the Portfolio window. So Q2016 shows double the correct balance.

What am I missing here?

Mr Crocket, please note that when reconciling by "statement"  (manually), the "Quicken balance" is really the "starting/prior ending balance"  it is not the end of the register "Today's Balance".  First you enter the current statement ending balance and ending date and then click next and start checking off all the uncleared transactions in the recon screen which should display all old outstanding transactions thru current up to the ending date of the statement. Once you have completed verifying your transactions and checking them off as they match to the statement, the difference should be zero thereby balanced. Although the online process goes about things some what differently the principles have to be the same. 
    I am not sure why someone renamed the starting/prior ending balance in the second screen  Quicken Balance as that is not an accurate statement and should be changed to starting/Prior balance as it was in the first screen and as it is the same dollar amount displayed for both.  I have mentioned it on another post and hope the team has noted it.  Even if you balance daily to the bank balance, it still would be the same process. Anything not cleared is just outstanding and pending items on the bank side that have not "cleared" yet are still just outstanding transactions in the register.  As I understand it, Quicken adds up all the cleared transactions and subtracts it from all deposits up to the starting/prior ending date  to determine the starting figure instead of just using the ending balance from the last recon but the outcome should be the same dollar amount wise ideally, if not you have to find out what happened and resolve it before you start the recon. Really this is not that complicated.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lizzy Lou said:

I absolutely LOVE what you've done with the Budget function.  SO much easier and intuitive, it finally makes sense for me to invest the time to do some real budgeting!  One issue I've come up with, though, is how to exclude an account from the Actuals.  I have an HSA (Health Savings Account) that I wanted to exclude from the Budget Actuals, and I finally figured out that if I go to the account settings and check the box to "hide" it from reports, it removed this account from the Budget Actuals as well as other reports - easy!  However, when I try to exclude my Mortgage (Loan) account in this same manner, it does remove the Mortgage account from other reports, but it still shows up in my Budget Actuals.  How do I remove my Mortgage account from the Budget Actuals?  (It's really annoying, because it shows all my mortgage actuals to be zero (0), because the debit from my checking account is cancelled out by the credit on my mortgage account.)  Thanks!

Please can you advise me how to enter stock dividend and in brokerage a/c and transfer it to my bank a/c as I used to do in Quicken for Windows? Same problem when buying/selling stock and debiting/crediting my bank a.
    /c as in Quicken for windows.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I'm getting an Error 324 Account marked as "DEAD".  How do I troubleshoot this?  My Quicken is not updating

Just to keep the trail going, I tried Quick Jeff's suggestion to mark all as cleared here and got exactly the same errors as before. Jeff and I are in touch separately and I have now sent him my data file for engineering to look through. Hopefully that will begin to uncover some of these mysteries and point us in the right direction.
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RooneyR said:

My question is about why Q2016 3.5.1 won’t display the correct account balance after a buy and sell of different Vanguard Funds in a 529. Q2007 gets it right. (I’m running Q2007 and Q2016 side-by-side while I learn the new version.)

Vanguard 529’s have age-dependent funds. As a grandchild gets older, Vanguard sells the younger-age fund and buys an older-age fund. I entered the Buy and Sell in Q2007 and everything is fine. In Q2016 entering the Buy and Sell shows correctly in the transaction window, but the Sell is not shown in the Portfolio window. So Q2016 shows double the correct balance.

What am I missing here?

@102_dar_70:  I do understand the process of reconciliation.  I have updated to QM2016 3.5.2.  I cannot find any screen in Reconcile containing "Today's Balance".

When "Use Statement Balance" is selected, the initial value of the "Starting/Prior Balance" is the sum of all the previously reconciled transactions in the register.  In QM2016 3.5.2, you can enter any value that you want in this field; however, if you change this field, the next screen will report that an adjustment is required to the reconciled balance of the account.

In the first Reconcile screen, I think the "Starting/Prior Balance" should be changed to "Reconciled Balance" or "Previously Reconciled Balance" as this would more accurately identify what the value displayed in the box.  Alternatively, the box could be simply eliminated to prevent the user from entering a value that would create an adjustment transaction.

In the second Reconcile, the box on the left reports the "Quicken Balance" as of the Ending Date that you entered.  If you didn't change the "Starting/Prior Balance" in the first screen, the "Quicken Balance" value is the sum of all reconciled transactions plus the sum of all cleared transactions.  If you did change the "Starting/Prior Balance", it includes the adjustment transaction that will be created when you click "Done".

Personally, I would prefer changing "Quicken Balance" to "Reconciled Balance" as it is more accurate description of what it is after you click on "Done" as there is no guarantee that the balance displayed in the second Reconcile page will ever match any balance displayed in the Quicken transaction register.
  • pauldv172
    pauldv172 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    dave8361 said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2016 Mac update 3.5.1 would not open my data file, but I think I learned ....

Updated in Quicken 2016 Mac to Aug. 2, 2016 version 3.5.1, but it wouldn't open my data file, opened the New Get Started With Quicken window, which was hung, had to Force Quit from several tries.
    BUT think I found the answer after hours of searching:
    This for Windows version but it is likely the same for Mac, from: https://www.quicken.com/support/what-if-quicken-cant-open-my-data-file-when-converting-my-data-previ...
    "Make sure that your most recent data file is in the Quicken folder. If

your most recent data file is someplace else (for example, in the

Quicken/BACKUP folder), Quicken may display the Get Started with Quicken

dialog
    so you can identify the data file you want to use. To keep the

Get Started with Quicken dialog from appearing again, copy your most recent data file into the Quicken folder and open it from there."
    All my data files, even pictures, etc., for safety are on a big external RAID drive- I don't even have a Documents folder on my startup drive. I am not at home where that computer is, but I'll bet when I make a folder named Quicken holding my Quicken 2016 application, and copy my data file to it, it will open!! If not I'll try putting the data file in an Application Support folder.
    I'm pretty sure once I get it going that way, I can again move and use the data file on my external RAID.
    Hope this suggestion helps some of you with same problem.

and the blue envelope that won't disappear even after clicking reviewed.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Update to 3.5.1 on new laptop causes a Managed Object Model version error.

I have been a longtime user of Quicken on the PC and switched to Quicken for Mac 2015 last year using the import capabilities. Generally the experience has been good, but the latest update to 3.5.1 is not compatible with my data file. I get the following:

The managed object model version used to open the persistent store is incompatible with the one that was used to create the persistent store. When I close this dialog box, Quicken now crashes.

I have also recently updated my laptop and reinstalled Quicken, but it was working fine before the update to 3.5.1.

I tried the recommendation to drag the data file on the application.

I tried the recommendation to perform an sqlite3 integrity check and it returned OK.

I need some more ideas or help with my data file.

I am on a new Macbook Pro 15" running El Capitain 10.11.6. 

Jeff
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2016 for Mac insists on an adjustment..

Same problem here.  Quicken insists the adjustment is -$420.98, and resets it after I change it to - $652.85.  This is for a Discover card; Amex cards don't show this problem.  This is Quicken for Mac 3.5.1.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Why did my opening balance adjustment change?.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Charles said:

Don't know if this is the best forum for my problem, but here goes.  Received two program updates(Quicken-7.qif, and -8.qif.  When I attempt to install them I get  "...Safari can't open the file because no available application can open it".
    Second problem, all worked fine when first purchased a few days ago, now when I attempt to "Update all accounts online", I get the following:  can't connect to (my banks name) because Safari can't connect to the server".  Very odd, because I can connect using Safari outside of Quicken

Quicken Mac 2016 is the worst piece of software ever written.It is missing MANY CRITICAL FEATURES form prior versions (eg 2007). The help and documentation are jokes. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    RooneyR said:

What am I missing here?

Marcus... Thanks for your reply. I've crosschecked everything, but I'm still not getting the SELL to show. How can I send you some screenshots so you see it for yourself?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    alfried3 said:

So sorry I updated Mac 2016. Can't download transactions and can't change connections. Everything was fine, prior to updating to 3.5.1

Do you need a personal and business/Investment funding, without stress and quick approval? If yes, contact us today as we are currently offering  loans at superb interest rate at 3%. Our finance is secured and safe.  Our customers happiness is our strength. loans from the tune of $5,000  -$1,000,000 to 900,000.000 USD Euro and Pounds, available now are Business,  Personal, House, Travel and Student Loans Etc. For more info Send in  detailed loan proposal (Loan Amount required; Payback Duration ;Phone  Number) to our manager contact details below only via email (  jim_rayloanlending@outlook.com )

Contact Person:William
    Position: Manager
    Contact Email only: jim_rayloanlending@outlook.com

Loan Processor(Stephanie Hutchinson )
    Monday-Saturday:7:30am-6:30pm {Processing time}.
    Sunday:12noon-6:30pm {Processing time}
    Contact Email only: jim_rayloanlending@outlook.com
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Charles said:

Don't know if this is the best forum for my problem, but here goes.  Received two program updates(Quicken-7.qif, and -8.qif.  When I attempt to install them I get  "...Safari can't open the file because no available application can open it".
    Second problem, all worked fine when first purchased a few days ago, now when I attempt to "Update all accounts online", I get the following:  can't connect to (my banks name) because Safari can't connect to the server".  Very odd, because I can connect using Safari outside of Quicken

Just got off the phone with Q Help and they wanted $150 to update my version of Q
    uicken 2016 so that it could handle entering Assets like a home.  WTF?!!!!!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Charles said:

You must have contacted a SCAM support site. Quicken does not charge for support for current versions of Quicken. The only valid contact info is here: https://www.quicken.com/contact-support

You should report the site to Quicken as well to see if they can do something about it.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    dave8361 said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2016 Mac update 3.5.1 would not open my data file, but I think I learned ....

Updated in Quicken 2016 Mac to Aug. 2, 2016 version 3.5.1, but it wouldn't open my data file, opened the New Get Started With Quicken window, which was hung, had to Force Quit from several tries.
    BUT think I found the answer after hours of searching:
    This for Windows version but it is likely the same for Mac, from: https://www.quicken.com/support/what-if-quicken-cant-open-my-data-file-when-converting-my-data-previ...
    "Make sure that your most recent data file is in the Quicken folder. If

your most recent data file is someplace else (for example, in the

Quicken/BACKUP folder), Quicken may display the Get Started with Quicken

dialog
    so you can identify the data file you want to use. To keep the

Get Started with Quicken dialog from appearing again, copy your most recent data file into the Quicken folder and open it from there."
    All my data files, even pictures, etc., for safety are on a big external RAID drive- I don't even have a Documents folder on my startup drive. I am not at home where that computer is, but I'll bet when I make a folder named Quicken holding my Quicken 2016 application, and copy my data file to it, it will open!! If not I'll try putting the data file in an Application Support folder.
    I'm pretty sure once I get it going that way, I can again move and use the data file on my external RAID.
    Hope this suggestion helps some of you with same problem.

@marcus: Thank you! The dynamic balance adjustment was the source of the problem I was having. It was initially wrong, but even though I fixed it my fix was undone any time I updated the account. Deleting the Quicken-created adjustment and replacing it with a manually entered one is allowing it to stay synced. This account was part of a freshly started set of books, initially populated entirely by downloading bank records through Quicken. I kept a backup of the file prior to removing the dynamic adjustment, in case that's helpful for tracking down the root cause of the dynamic adjustment's behavior.
  • Richard Mittman
    Richard Mittman Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

Downloaded and installed new update for Mac.  All my accounts will update except for one bank where I have 5 Accounts.  I get Download Error (102).  How can I correct this?

I have had the same problem for the last 5 days.  I can connect to Chase' website directly but not through the download process.  All other bank accounts and investments work fine.
  • Doug Blakeley
    Doug Blakeley Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2016
    Options

Downloaded and installed new update for Mac.  All my accounts will update except for one bank where I have 5 Accounts.  I get Download Error (102).  How can I correct this?

I had a similar problem, however, I also noted at the time that the Chase site was down offline. After the site was back online I went to troubleshooting on the account details and re-entered my login username and password to reconnect to Chase.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS on this forum to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d...

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find: and many others.

Be sure to scroll down the page, as some contain lists of related features. Then click on each link you are interested in, then click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page of THAT request in the list below to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

I highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS on this forum to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d...

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find:

and many others.

Be sure to scroll down the page, as some contain lists of related features. Then click on each link you are interested in, then click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page of THAT request in the list below to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted!

corrected first link above...

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi! I have been using Quicken for many years... my last version was WINDOWS (i beleive 2008) it used to work PERFECTLY and very important for me with multi currency ... few years ago I change to MAC but the version 2015 do not uses multi currency therefore I installed QUICKEN 2016 DELUXE for windows & run it on MAC with help of "PARALELL" app which enables my MAC to use windows programs, BUT THE PERFORMANCE AND FUNCTIONIG IS POOR AND VERY SLOW !!! My question is if with the new VERSION for MAC 2016 if it does support MULTICURRENCIES ??
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi! I have been using Quicken for many years... my last version was WINDOWS (i beleive 2008) it used to work PERFECTLY and very important for me with multi currency ... few years ago I change to MAC but the version 2015 do not uses multi currency therefore I installed QUICKEN 2016 DELUXE for windows & run it on MAC with help of "PARALELL" app which enables my MAC to use windows programs, BUT THE PERFORMANCE AND FUNCTIONIG IS POOR AND VERY SLOW !!! My question is if with the new VERSION for MAC 2016 if it does support MULTICURRENCIES ??

Nothing has changed in this area since QM2015. QM2016 and the new QM2017 still do not have this feature. I suggest you click on the link about to VOTE for True Multi-Currency Conversion support.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find:

and many others.

Here are a couple more to highlight that may be of interest: Be sure to click on the link to EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in, then click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page that opens up respectively to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT specific feature!

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Update to 3.5.1 on new laptop causes a Managed Object Model version error.

I have been a longtime user of Quicken on the PC and switched to Quicken for Mac 2015 last year using the import capabilities. Generally the experience has been good, but the latest update to 3.5.1 is not compatible with my data file. I get the following:

The managed object model version used to open the persistent store is incompatible with the one that was used to create the persistent store. When I close this dialog box, Quicken now crashes.

I have also recently updated my laptop and reinstalled Quicken, but it was working fine before the update to 3.5.1.

I tried the recommendation to drag the data file on the application.

I tried the recommendation to perform an sqlite3 integrity check and it returned OK.

I need some more ideas or help with my data file.

I am on a new Macbook Pro 15" running El Capitain 10.11.6. 

Jeff

Try this Quicken Mac FAQ: How to try to resolve a "persistent store"-related error

This discussion has been closed.