Connect to Amazon account to download orders, assign categories to individual items, match up/split

I order a lot of stuff via Amazon for my business. Would be nice to connect to my Amazon account to download orders, and assign categories to individual items, match up/split transaction with the credit card charge. I'm often ordering many things on different orders or the same order and would be great to assign categories for individual items, which then automatically split the payment in the Quicken transaction register. It should also be able to match up the corresponding return on that same item as well. It could even memorize the item so that same item when ordered again, would be automatically categorized. Thx.
8 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• barblrothbarblroth Member
    Is quicken going to respond to this question? It is super important for many of us big amazon for business users.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Barblroth,

This post is an Idea post meaning that this feature is currently unavailable.

Idea posts allow users to vote on what they would like to see in the product. Developers will review idea posts to get an Idea of what people would like to see.

Unfortunately, this post doesn't have any votes. If this were to be implemented or planned to be we wouldn't have any real ETA to offer on when and if you could expect to see this.

I apologize for not having better news.
    -Quicken Tyka
  • EdgyCricketEdgyCricket Member ✭✭
    barblroth said:
    Is quicken going to respond to this question? It is super important for many of us big amazon for business users.
    If you're interested in it you need to upvote it.
  • stevedzstevedz Member
    Quicken should figure out how to download categories from Amazon. I buy almost everything for my home on Amazon and have to categorize everything manually. It seems like a simple thing to do. Quicken does it with my credit cards.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12
    Unfortunately,  Amazon  is NOT a Financial Institution. So, I strongly suspect, that they'll never qualify  for this. 
    They're  a merchant.
    And even my Kroger Credit  Card (issued by US Bank) doesn't  download  the  detail  info into Q.  The amount and date  posted download ...  but not the  detail that you're  seeking.
    @stevedz, what  card downloads the  DETAILS  of your purchases?  And, do  you have it  set up as a Memorized Payee in your copy of  Quicken?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • JasonPerroneJasonPerrone Member ✭✭
    edited December 14
    Today, when you download information with Quicken, you essentially get one text field that is Payee/Payer and an amount.

I would love more information to come along with the transaction, specifically item details or invoice information.

Here's an example. Let's say I download a transaction from Amazon.com. It would be wonderful if next to that transaction in my ledger there was a note icon I can click on and see what items were in the order.

The problem I am trying to solve is, I place many orders with Amazon. All I see are dollar amounts. I then have to go to Amazon, look up my orders and decide which orders were personal care items, which orders were gifts, which were business expenses.

It would really help categorizing transactions if additional data like order information came down with the transaction.