Quicken for Mac 2016 v3.6 Released

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

I upgraded today.  First thing I noticed is that Quicken wasn't matching downloaded transactions with transactions I had manually entered.  

v.3.6.x is still in staged release, so only a certain # of downloads are permitted until the full release occurs. So you have to wait until that time.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    After a few tries, it finally migrated me to the updated version last night. Total disaster. All my accounts are screwed up, missing transactions, have balances that are off etc.  It seems a lot had to do with manually edited transactions, but that doesn't seem to be all of it. Several of my accounts are many thousands of dollars off. I'm very unhappy, since this is a very inconvenient time for this to happen for me. Will there be a fix? Is there a way to go back to yesterday do I can salvage what I can?
  • PRIM
    PRIM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    LeonMac said:

I have the exact same problem. I was asked to update a week ago at a very inconvenient time. Now I'm trying but I also get the message telling me I'm up to date with 3.5.6.
    What to do??

OK, I seem to have successfully updated. (Here's hoping it's true!)
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

I'm not seeing a progress bar when downloading transactions. Please restore some sort of visual feedback to let me know what background processes are currently doing! 

The sync button spins while it's downloading Quicken Connect transactions and stops when it's done.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Mark said:

After updating to 3.6.1 I no longer receive pop up window confirming transaction downloads with number of downloads for each account.  The download is successful but no confirmation.  What can I do to get the confirmation pop up to appear?

By default, it's turned off so it only appears if there are errors.  If you want to see it all of the time, then uncheck the checkbox at the bottom of the screen.  You can always see the Account Status window by going to the Window menu item and selecting Account Status. or CMD+SHIFT+S
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Mark said:

After updating to 3.6.1 I no longer receive pop up window confirming transaction downloads with number of downloads for each account.  The download is successful but no confirmation.  What can I do to get the confirmation pop up to appear?

This is the question I am trying to get answered as well.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Mark said:

Marcus, I have that box unchecked but still no window.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017

I upgraded today.  First thing I noticed is that Quicken wasn't matching downloaded transactions with transactions I had manually entered.  

CAN I INSTALL THE NEW MAC iOS - HIGH SIERRA?  I finally have everything working and I don't want to mess it up!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Mark said:

After updating the mobile app on my iPhone 5, every time I open the app it's on for about 4 seconds and then crashes.  I have Quicken for Mac 2016 on my desktop,  How can I get the mobile app working again?  thanks
  • Mark419
    Mark419 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Mark said:

Thanks for pointing me to account status.  I was able to uncheck the errors only box and now receive the report after the download completes.
  • John Waers
    John Waers Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The calculator is broken in Quicken for Mac 2016 3.6.2. Quicken used to properly round a product of two numbers to the nearest cent, but now apparently rounds the multiplicand(s) to the nearest cent before multiplying. Go to a cell and enter something like 142 * .0755 (which happens to be the product of my electric usage this month times the rate). Quicken incorrectly rounds the .0755 to .08 before multiplying, resulting in the incorrect value $11.36. The correct value, which was previously calculated properly by Quicken, is 142 * .0755 = $10.72. I hope my electric utility doesn't start using Quicken to bill me!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

The calculator is broken in Quicken for Mac 2016 3.6.2. Quicken used to properly round a product of two numbers to the nearest cent, but now apparently rounds the multiplicand(s) to the nearest cent before multiplying. Go to a cell and enter something like 142 * .0755 (which happens to be the product of my electric usage this month times the rate). Quicken incorrectly rounds the .0755 to .08 before multiplying, resulting in the incorrect value $11.36. The correct value, which was previously calculated properly by Quicken, is 142 * .0755 = $10.72. I hope my electric utility doesn't start using Quicken to bill me!

Yes, known and reported bug that still has not been fixed.  :-\

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• John Waers
    John Waers Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Thanks for that. Is there a more appropriate place to see and report bugs? I wouldn't have bothered if I had known that this was already reported.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

This forum is a valid place...first search, then click ME-TOO on a thread that already exists...if not create a new one.

Or contact Quicken Support to report. 

Those are the 2 primary ways at the moment...

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Here is one thread BUT it is for QM2017
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/calculator-broken

...so if your problem is showing up with QM2016, I do not think there is a thread for that already.

• John Waers
    John Waers Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Thanks again. Looks like they're porting new bugs back to old versions. Glad I didn't upgrade!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

lol...I guess trying to share the love  ;-)

• John Waers
    John Waers Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Ah well, after 28 years using Quicken on the Mac with a few major upsets, a misbehaving calculator isn't such a disaster. And, having personally been through corporate buyouts and transitions with occasionally hilarious results, my sympathies are with the team. Maybe I should upgrade.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

But QM2017 has the same bug.

• John Waers
    John Waers Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

But maybe they'll fix it, maybe even sooner, and maybe fix all the (unmentioned and unreported) download problems I've seen with the QM2016 upgrade. I'm not sure that patience will work with unsupported software.
  • Jim Cheyne
    Jim Cheyne Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I downloaded the critical update, got pop up stating that my info needed to be migrated, went through that process and Quicken won't access my BBVA Compass accounts, it says the bank will not accept the user/password, but I'm 100% positive I'm using correct ID/password.  Chat help said 20 minutes for an agent ...... wrong, hours and still no agent.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

You can monitor the fixes and new features that are released in each version as they come out here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows

• Jim Cheyne
    Jim Cheyne Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017

I downloaded the critical update, got pop up stating that my info needed to be migrated, went through that process and Quicken won't access my BBVA Compass accounts, it says the bank will not accept the user/password, but I'm 100% positive I'm using correct ID/password.  Chat help said 20 minutes for an agent ...... wrong, hours and still no agent.

PS . .... in an earlier post a Qkn employee instructed a user to log into accounts.intut and also quicken.com and go back to Quicken and try again/start over.  I logged in to both places but now how exactly do I "start over"?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017

I have downloaded  3.6.2. I ran the Net Worth over Time report and noticed that one of my credit card accounts was not included in the liabilities credit card section. How can I get that corrected?
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    WillyH said:

What is Quicken Connect? I just upgraded to latest version and see that is says "you don't have to do anything"  I interpret that as it will automatically download without me prompting it. is this the case??!! I sure as hell DO NOT WANT Quicken downloading anything automatically!!. Now that I see that there are problems with downloading how do I undo the upgrade?

Don't look at these posts and assume everyone is running into the same issues.  Only people having problems post here.  All of the people who had flawless transitions never go to the forums so you'll never see a post from them.  I'm just saying, everyone's experience will be different.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    WillyH said:

What is Quicken Connect? I just upgraded to latest version and see that is says "you don't have to do anything"  I interpret that as it will automatically download without me prompting it. is this the case??!! I sure as hell DO NOT WANT Quicken downloading anything automatically!!. Now that I see that there are problems with downloading how do I undo the upgrade?

Can you tell me if it is OK to update the iOS to High Sierra?
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    baaric said:

My Checking account balance in Quicken has been messed up since this migration... I can't correct it because every time I make an adjustment Quicken automatically re-adjusts my opening balance, so I'm perpetually a set amount off... Please fix this. Can we go back to the old way until you work out all the bugs? 

baaric, I just sent you an email.  We've heard of other people running into a similar issue where the Opening Balance appears to change with new transactions being added.  The opening balance in Quicken Mac is a calculated value.  It supposed to only change if you add a transaction before your first download but there have obviously been cases where it seems to be re-calculating even if you add new transactions which it shouldn't be.  We don't know why this would change after someone upgrades and we're trying to figure it out.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017

All my Wells Fargo and Chase accounts don't download any new transactions.  I don't get any errors, it just shows in the Account Status window that the last download was days ago even though I know there are new transactions.  I tried unlinking then re-linking them and no luck.  (edit: this is on 4.6.4...)

Is this still an issue?  It's possible that the transactions you're thinking about just haven't cleared the bank yet.  I sent you an email to follow up.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017

@Quicken Marcus I see that you are monitoring this thread well but what has happened with the other thread I've posted this in the discussion thread Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.6.x Released?

Maybe you have been tied up with the Quicken ID issues but please note that there are several other issues related to v4.6.x that have not been addressed on pages 2 and 3 of that thread. So I am just posting here in case you are not aware of this. Thx.

I'm aware.  I'll get back to it shortly.  Regardless of whether I'm replying in the forums or not, we are looking at the issues coming in from different channels so the lack of forum traffic doesn't mean we are ignoring 4.6 issues.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    AKSDFW said:

After updating to 3.6.1, the pop up screen, click get started then the pop-up with the 'we've emailed a code to: " comes up but the to:____ is blank (although my intuit ID has an active email. So i dont get the 6-digit code to verify my ID and get a new quicken ID.

any suggestions?

That's weird.  We did just deploy a bug fix around this type of issue so please give it another try.
This discussion has been closed.