Quicken for Mac 2016 v3.6 Released

Options

Comments

• Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    PRIM said:

I am not able to update to Quicken 3.6. I'm still at Quicken 2016 3.5.6 and when I ask the program to check for updates, it says I'm up-to-date, but clearly I'm not. Please advice.

I'm thinking this may be because you were on an old OS.  We were blocking people who were on 10.10 because we were waiting for a fix for this OS from the Quicken Cloud team.  3.6 should be available to you now. 
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    LeonMac said:

I have the exact same problem. I was asked to update a week ago at a very inconvenient time. Now I'm trying but I also get the message telling me I'm up to date with 3.5.6.
    What to do??

I believe 3.6 is available to everyone now.  Like I said above, we were blocking people on 10.10 because we were waiting for a fix from the Quicken Cloud team.  If you can, it's always good to upgrade your OS.  Most of our testing is on the latest OS and sometimes we miss things if you're using an OS that is 2 or 3 releases behind.  In this case, 10.10 has a really old web browser that doesn't work with the latest and greatest web technologies. 
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Mark said:

After updating to 3.6.1 I no longer receive pop up window confirming transaction downloads with number of downloads for each account.  The download is successful but no confirmation.  What can I do to get the confirmation pop up to appear?

Larry, have you upgraded to the latest mobile app.  you will need the latest mobile app to work with 3.6 because of the Quicken ID change.  If you are using the latest mobile app, I would try a few things like shutting the phone down and not just putting it to sleep.  If that doesn't fix it then, delete Quicken and redownload it.  I'm not aware of any crashing issues in the mobile app but I don't work on it and I'm not aware of their top issues.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options

The calculator is broken in Quicken for Mac 2016 3.6.2. Quicken used to properly round a product of two numbers to the nearest cent, but now apparently rounds the multiplicand(s) to the nearest cent before multiplying. Go to a cell and enter something like 142 * .0755 (which happens to be the product of my electric usage this month times the rate). Quicken incorrectly rounds the .0755 to .08 before multiplying, resulting in the incorrect value $11.36. The correct value, which was previously calculated properly by Quicken, is 142 * .0755 = $10.72. I hope my electric utility doesn't start using Quicken to bill me!

Ugh.  I just chatted with one of our developers and he thinks he broke this when he made a change to fix a rounding issue in another area of the product but didn't realize it also changed the calculator.  We'll fix this.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options

I downloaded the critical update, got pop up stating that my info needed to be migrated, went through that process and Quicken won't access my BBVA Compass accounts, it says the bank will not accept the user/password, but I'm 100% positive I'm using correct ID/password.  Chat help said 20 minutes for an agent ...... wrong, hours and still no agent.

I don't think that will solve your issue.  If all your accounts are updating except for this one then you have been successfully migrated to Quicken ID.  If you haven't been successfully migrated, nothing would work.  Definitely, try to log into your bank with the same username and password to see if it works.  If it works, it could be another issue.  For example, we had a situation where a customer had a 15 character password  but the bank only supported 14 characters but when the customer entered it in on the bank website it would truncate and only use the first 14.  Of course,  the customer thought their password was really 15 characters and when they entered this in Quicken it would always fail.  The other thing that causes issues are MFA or increased security at the banks.  Check to see if  any of these factors could be the issue.   Quicken is simply displaying the error we're getting back from the bank so I'm not sure there's much we can do.
  • Jim Cheyne
    Jim Cheyne Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I downloaded the critical update, got pop up stating that my info needed to be migrated, went through that process and Quicken won't access my BBVA Compass accounts, it says the bank will not accept the user/password, but I'm 100% positive I'm using correct ID/password.  Chat help said 20 minutes for an agent ...... wrong, hours and still no agent.

Thanks Marcus, I should have been more clear .... BBVA Compass accounts are the only accounts I use in Quicken, I can log into Compass on their site. When I open Quicken there are no accounts shown.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Quicken Marcus I see that you are monitoring this thread well but what has happened with the other thread I've posted this in the discussion thread Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.6.x Released?

Maybe you have been tied up with the Quicken ID issues but please note that there are several other issues related to v4.6.x that have not been addressed on pages 2 and 3 of that thread. So I am just posting here in case you are not aware of this. Thx.

OK. thx for acknowledging.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Jim Cheyne
    Jim Cheyne Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    CRITICAL UPDATE ISSUES  2012 Macbook Air running the most recent MacOS High Sierra.    First, my apologies to the Quicken employees if this post creates clutter for you, this is my second post on this.  I understand that the update is messy .... but my frustration level is maxed out (it's impossible to connect with a help agent via chat or phone).  My first post probably was not thorough enough so I'm starting over.

I downloaded and installed the critical update.  I got a popup telling me it needed to migrate, I entered email/phone #/password, received and entered the code and it appeared to accept, then I got an Add Accounts screen.  I only have one account set up in Quicken, my personal bank with a checking account and a money market account.  I selected my bank from the list and got the bank ID/password screen, which I entered.  I got an error screen: "incorrect customer ID/password,  BBVA Compass did not accept your login, please try again".  I double checked the ID and password and reentered (I can successfully log in to my account on the bank's site, the ID and PW is good) and get another incorrect id error screen, this time giving me options to either try again, try a different financial inst, or setup manual account.  I didn't do either and cancelled

That's where I am.  My Quicken is empty, nothing in the register, no accounts to choose from.
  • Jim Cheyne
    Jim Cheyne Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

CRITICAL UPDATE ISSUES  2012 Macbook Air running the most recent MacOS High Sierra.    First, my apologies to the Quicken employees if this post creates clutter for you, this is my second post on this.  I understand that the update is messy .... but my frustration level is maxed out (it's impossible to connect with a help agent via chat or phone).  My first post probably was not thorough enough so I'm starting over.

I downloaded and installed the critical update.  I got a popup telling me it needed to migrate, I entered email/phone #/password, received and entered the code and it appeared to accept, then I got an Add Accounts screen.  I only have one account set up in Quicken, my personal bank with a checking account and a money market account.  I selected my bank from the list and got the bank ID/password screen, which I entered.  I got an error screen: "incorrect customer ID/password,  BBVA Compass did not accept your login, please try again".  I double checked the ID and password and reentered (I can successfully log in to my account on the bank's site, the ID and PW is good) and get another incorrect id error screen, this time giving me options to either try again, try a different financial inst, or setup manual account.  I didn't do either and cancelled

That's where I am.  My Quicken is empty, nothing in the register, no accounts to choose from.

OK, after 18 hours I finally connected with help via phone.  She had me restore from last backup and it appears to have updated all info correctly.  I will cross my fingers and proceed.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    WillyH said:

What is Quicken Connect? I just upgraded to latest version and see that is says "you don't have to do anything"  I interpret that as it will automatically download without me prompting it. is this the case??!! I sure as hell DO NOT WANT Quicken downloading anything automatically!!. Now that I see that there are problems with downloading how do I undo the upgrade?

Since installing Version 3.6.2, have download errors from Amex account. I setup the account again but download will not work. PNC account duplicates transaction at the end of the month. I had set up new quicken Id also
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I opened 3.6.2 just now and was requested to update to 3.6.3 but could not install it as my password has been rejected! My user name is shown as my own name, where I have been using my email address as the user name. How do I get this resolved.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I get the following message: "Failed to change owner:group 506:20 on Quicken 2016.app with authentication"
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

The calculator is broken in Quicken for Mac 2016 3.6.2. Quicken used to properly round a product of two numbers to the nearest cent, but now apparently rounds the multiplicand(s) to the nearest cent before multiplying. Go to a cell and enter something like 142 * .0755 (which happens to be the product of my electric usage this month times the rate). Quicken incorrectly rounds the .0755 to .08 before multiplying, resulting in the incorrect value $11.36. The correct value, which was previously calculated properly by Quicken, is 142 * .0755 = $10.72. I hope my electric utility doesn't start using Quicken to bill me!

I have no idea where to start.  Chat and phone help is NON-EXISTENT.  I am running Q for Mac 2016 on Mac Sierra.  In May bought the 2017 version but didn't get it installed.  I have received numerous notices of updates to 2016 and installed them all.  The last one (3.6.3, Build 36.14508.100) required I get an I.D. and in order to get into my program I have to answer the question "Are you upgrading from Quicken 2015".  I did have 2015 but bought the 2016 and moved my file to it.  I use 2015 for my mom's business.  It keeps asking me questions whenever I open it, but at least I can click cancel and still use it.  I don't know where to begin.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Did user name and password with new Quicken reg. Upgraded to 3.6.3. Downloading Capital One fine but no Wells Fargo downloads. Get server error that is on the Quicken side. Wells Fargo technical support disabled and reregistered account info and linked the three WF accounts. Downloading zero transactions although Wells Fargo server sending to Quicken. Quicken support is non-existent right now. 88 min phone wait. 45 minute online chat wait which is bogus because I waited over an hour. Obvious chaos on the Quicken side of this conversion.
  • Quicken_ChrisC
    Quicken_ChrisC Employee ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

Re: Quicken Marcus's comment above, the Quicken 2017 intermediate calculation rounding bug was introduced in v4.5.6 (to fix an Apple bug where some numbers weren't parsed correctly: for example, "64.99" became 64.98999999999999). It was fixed in v4.6.0 and later. When preparing the new Quicken 2015 and 2016 releases, only the first change (to fix the Apple parsing bug) was included. The second change has now been ported for the next 2015 and 2016 updates.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I'm not seeing a progress bar when downloading transactions. Please restore some sort of visual feedback to let me know what background processes are currently doing! 

Doesn't spin on mine. Only grays out (and only slightly). No spinner or progress bar either.
  • danw
    danw Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

I upgraded today.  First thing I noticed is that Quicken wasn't matching downloaded transactions with transactions I had manually entered.  

"CAN I INSTALL THE NEW MAC iOS - HIGH SIERRA? " Don't see any reply to this, is it safe?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I upgraded today.  First thing I noticed is that Quicken wasn't matching downloaded transactions with transactions I had manually entered.  

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION.  I POSTED A WEEK AGO AND NO ANSWER YET
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options

Deanna, I don't understand your question. High Sierra is the new macOS operating system, for Macs. iOS is the operating system for phones and tablets. Which one are you asking about?

If you are asking if it is okay to upgrade your Mac to High Sierra, Quicken 2015, 2016 and 2017 should all be compatible with High Sierra, and I have not seen any reports here of any problems. (As always when performing a major upgrade, you should insure that you have a complete backup of your Mac before proceeding, in case anything doesn't work right.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Sorry, I didn't notice that the prior posting referenced iOS.  I think that was a mistake on their part.  I was referring to the OS for Mac.  Thanks for your reply.  I will go for it.

Deanna
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have Quicken 2016 for Mac version 3.5.2 but there is no "Check for Updates" option in the Quicken menu or seemingly anywhere else. image 
  • Quicken_ChrisC
    Quicken_ChrisC Employee ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

I have Quicken 2016 for Mac version 3.5.2 but there is no "Check for Updates" option in the Quicken menu or seemingly anywhere else. image 

Hi Catherine! You're using a copy of Quicken 2016 that was distributed through the Mac App Store. However, it hasn't been updated via the App Store for over a year. You should have gotten a pop-up message that tells you how to switch to the non-App Store version, which is the version that we continue to update. This link has instructions: https://www.quicken.com/support/updating-quicken-mac-purchased-mac-app-store
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I have Quicken for Mac Canada 2016 3.62.  I am asked to upgrade to 3.63 but the request comes with my name rather than with my User ID. When I replace my name with my User ID it does not allow me to proceed.
    How should I proceed?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thanks ChrisC, the instructional link you sent worked perfectly!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Just updated to Quicken Mac 3.6.3. On credit card accounts, the "Remaining Credit" field shows the credit limit, not the remaining credit. On credit card accounts, the "Today's Balance" field is incorrect. It used to be correct before the update. I can't figure out now where the balance got out of whack.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I have v. 3.6.3 on my mac. It defaulted to Quicken Connect and seems to be doing its own thing. My biggest problem is that I get an error message when I try to print checks. It says they cannot be printed because they have non-negative amounts, which doesn't make sense. I have relied on printed checks using Quicken for more than a decade. How can this be resolved?

I am using Quicken 2016 V3.6.3 and am prompted to update/upgrade to the latest version. When following the menu prompt to do so, I get the following:

" Convert your Quicken for Mac 2007 file" by following these 4 Easy Steps:
    1) Open Quicken for Mac 2007 and update your online accounts and scheduled transactions.
    2) Quit Quicken for Mac 2007. The file can not be imported if Quicken for Mac 2007 is running.
    3) Click the Select button and choose the file to convert (or drag and drop the file on this window).
    4) Click Next to convert your file.

As mentioned, I have been using Quicken for Mac 2016 up until August 2017 and backed up each time I used it.

I'm confused! Why is the update referring to Q2007 for Mac?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options

I have v. 3.6.3 on my mac. It defaulted to Quicken Connect and seems to be doing its own thing. My biggest problem is that I get an error message when I try to print checks. It says they cannot be printed because they have non-negative amounts, which doesn't make sense. I have relied on printed checks using Quicken for more than a decade. How can this be resolved?

Duane, did you get a Let's Get Started screen like this:
    If you click Start from a Quicken 2007 File on that screen, you're asked to log in and then you get this screen which sounds like the one you're seeing:
    Is that the screen you're seeing? (These shots are from Quicken 2017, but 2016 is essentially the same.)

If you launch Quicken 2016 now, does it go straight to this screen? If so, quit. Then find your Quicken data file and drop it on the Quicken 2016 icon in your Dock or Applications folder. Same or different result?

There's something that's got Quicken confused about what file it's trying to open, so we just need to break that cycle.

On the Convert your Quicken for Mac 2007 screen, is there a "Back" button like the one at the bottom of the screen shot above? If you click it, do you get to the Let's Get Started screen? At the bottom, click the gray button that says Open Quicken 2016 File, then navigate to your Quicken 2016 data file and select it. Does that get you over the hump?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I got this problem solved after talking to technical support via telephone
This discussion has been closed.